Quantcast

ʭʭʭʭʭ Saturday ʭʭʭʭʭ

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hydroseeding was solid within an hour of them leaving yesterday, they said I should have grass and vegetation within the week.

IMG_3240.jpeg

Got the skidsteer for another day so figured I would tap into all the moto single track behind the house with a connector trail.

oh and shop for 250cc woods weapon on the marketplace

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just pulled up to the trailhead and it started to snow. With that and also having a headache, I kind of want to just abort and go nap. :dead:

But I shall press on and at least do a short loop.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy ho all

sleep wasn’t aided by le smallest child coming to us around 4:20 am because she was coughing. She slept the rest of the night on my arm

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Layla required that I let her out this morning, but Wifey had already let her out and left the doggy door open. So now I'm awake but tired.

Going to get my snow tires swapped off today. While it's snowing. Wtf spring?

Haley's very mad that my F1 fantasy team is destroying hers, especially because mine has Stroll as one of the drivers and the HAAS team.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So Friday ended with a meeting at 16.30 when the CEO ended my meeting after 3 minutes (literally started packing) because I uttered the word "Data" and have shown basic data (publicly available market share data for our brands by months) and it's the "data team" that should present data not the content team (in an 8 page presentation we should have 3 presenters...).

The project for those meetings has no lead. He didn't really tell us what he needs outside of the fact I'm somehow bad for doing data teams job (I used the data they provided me, just used the one relevant to my plans...) when they have said they have no time. No specifics.

I am working for a shitty shitty place. I need a new job. This was the most absurd event in my 15 year career.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got in a short ride. Headache went away while I was on the bike, but then came back on the drive home. Splendid.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The people we share roads with are terrifying.

While at Discount Tire, woman comes in because she has a flat. Sales person tells her that the nail is on the sidewall, so it likely can't be repaired. If they take it off and it can't be repaired, they cannot put it back on again. Plus all her tires are at 4/32", which is the point of replacement. She calls husband who is clearly pretty aggressively doubting what she was told. Tells her to get it looked at and that they will get them replaced during the summer.

15min later? As expected, tire can't be fixed. She starts to get butthurt that they aren't going to put it back on. Calls husband again. He can now be heard from 10' away, not on speaker, and is mad that they are scamming him. Refuses to buy all 4 tires, but because they are forced to, agrees to buy one. Sales person explains that a single tire replacement is bad for the drivetrain, especially when one tire is drastically different than the other.zero fucks given. Replaces one tire.

Car? Top of the line dual motor Model 3. $50k car... :rolleyes:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Corrective action meeting was a success, we shall see if it makes a difference or they get shown the door. Came home and made pasta. Cleaning my Kayak gear so that we pass quagga mussel inspection (all boats and gear must be clean and dry) so we can launch and go fishing on Lake Del Valle tomorrow.

20240420_113849.jpg

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis

While at Discount Tire, woman comes in because she has a flat. Sales person tells her that the nail is on the sidewall, so it likely can't be repaired. If they take it off and it can't be repaired, they cannot put it back on again. Plus all her tires are at 4/32", which is the point of replacement. She calls husband who is clearly pretty aggressively doubting what she was told. Tells her to get it looked at and that they will get them replaced during the summer.

15min later? As expected, tire can't be fixed. She starts to get butthurt that they aren't going to put it back on. Calls husband again. He can now be heard from 10' away, not on speaker, and is mad that they are scamming him. Refuses to buy all 4 tires, but because they are forced to, agrees to buy one. Sales person explains that a single tire replacement is bad for the drivetrain, especially when one tire is drastically different than the other.zero fucks given. Replaces one tire.

Another person that needs a status car, and can't afford it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think having 9 other 9ish year old female friends from school over for my 9 year old's birthday (with the idea of having them all sleep over strewn across the basement) isn't working out quite as said middle kid envisioned. chaos abounds.

next year I'm going to strongly suggest limiting it to 3 of her sane friends.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Also extra bad because apparently the high torque from electric motors causes tires to wear quicker.

Also also, fuck 'em.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think having 9 other 9ish year old female friends from school over for my 9 year old's birthday (with the idea of having them all sleep over strewn across the basement) isn't working out quite as said middle kid envisioned. chaos abounds.

next year I'm going to strongly suggest limiting it to 3 of her sane friends.
9f596df5f6a0913eaf7c556801be5c4a72dbd734b624f66e71eb11f8c56a5ccf.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Evening Monkeys.

I rented a chainsaw to finally section the oak rounds I've had for like 3 years now. I got it 2/3rds of it cut up, I have 5 left to do. I have more firewood than I think I can use at this point, but I need to finish it up eventually.

Some sections are still 6x6 and fucking heavy. Those should burn for days.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Swapped out a clapped-out Manitou Xvert TPC fork. With a Marzocchi Z1 Air on another bike. 93 Specialized Stumpjumper M2. Perfect shape. Perfect fit. Gold Mavic 223 rims with Hadley hubs. 9spd XT kit all around Badass. I donated the Raceface cranks and chainrings to keep the dream alive.