Quantcast

\̅_̅/̷̚ʾ \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ Pluck it Phriday GMT n stuf

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Went to Star Anise in Livermore for Thai Food. Ordered the Pad Thai with silver noodles and pork. It was ok. not good not bad just ok. I found it to be bland. I had to add my own brought from home spices. A friends dish had the black peppers. I ate a few, not even hot. Been there twice with friends. I call it Gringo Thai food. not really worth my time.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I would never stop in Phoenix long enough to eat an oyster, much less buy gas

#goodchoices
I’ve been to Phoenix once; back when I was a hack musician, the band I was in stopped in Phoenix to play a show at some random venue - I think it was a college, IIRC. No plans to go back.

We probably stopped for gas, but not oysters.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I’ve been to Phoenix once; back when I was a hack musician, the band I was in stopped in Phoenix to play a show at some random venue - I think it was a college, IIRC. No plans to go back.

We probably stopped for gas, but not oysters.
My sister lived in Phoenix briefly. I went to visit when I was a teenager. I had my shoes stolen twice in one trip. Ever gone to a shoe store with no shoes? Her neighbor carried a .44 magnum revolver to get the mail. It wasn't a particularly bad neighborhood.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
My sister lived in Phoenix briefly. I went to visit when I was a teenager. I had my shoes stolen twice in one trip. Ever gone to a shoe store with no shoes? Her neighbor carried a .44 magnum revolver to get the mail. It wasn't a particularly bad neighborhood.
Stolen? Like, from off of the front porch? And these were 2 different pairs that were stolen? What are the odds?

I can’t say I’ve ever had the misfortune of shoe shopping shoeless. I just remember it being hot, dry and shitty. Not quite as hot, dry and shitty as Tempe, though.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Went to Star Anise in Livermore for Thai Food. Ordered the Pad Thai with silver noodles and pork. It was ok. not good not bad just ok. I found it to be bland. I had to add my own brought from home spices. A friends dish had the black peppers. I ate a few, not even hot. Been there twice with friends. I call it Gringo Thai food. not really worth my time.
It’s farang, you philistine

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I generally avoid any shellfish ceviche. Or fresh water.
The one time I got really sick from Ceviche was trout from a street vendor in Perú. WTF wuz I thinkin’?
My point stands. Everybody that likes and eats Ceviche has stories of being sick from it. But hey, if you like to shit and puke your souls out, more power to you. I don't kink shame anyone. ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've only gotten sick from food thrice in my life. 2 times were bad eggs (never again Red Robin) and once from ground turkey.

Ceviche, shellfish, raw fish, none of those have backfired. Yet.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If you pee out of your butt after eating at a restaurant it’s probably not the ingredients that caused it. Some cooks just don’t like to wash their hands after they go to the bathroom.