Quantcast

\̅_̅/̷̚ʾ Thirsty Thursday \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Snuck in a 28mile loop with the wife this afternoon. 10 more days of riding before back at work. Right now only tomorrow looks iffy for "nice" riding conditions.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A little overconfident on my jaunt this morning. Hit an ice patch and went down pretty hard. Had to test out the new bike before I have to give it back. Shimano SLX drivetrain for the win. Shifter and brake levers are too tight for winter gloves.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Voicemail set to "I won't be available until 1/3" and work phone turned off. OOO setup for email with the same. I have 2 emails that I need to send to a director or mgr - depending on who's in tomorrow - then computer is off until 1/3.

I'm ready for a fucking nap. For a week.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Crustymas eve, today was the 3rd day I've had off work this month, it's been busy!
I spent the day repairing drainage that was wrecked by contractors using my farm track as an easy way to get to their worksite on the ridgeline next door.
Been feeling pretty shit today, no energy and had a couple of dizzy spells so I suspect my arrhythmia is mildly playing up again.
Went to the supermarket at about 5pm and saw something that totally made my week in a #ThisIsSoNZ way.
As I was queuing for the selfservice checkout I saw a young guy (late teens @ a guess) having trouble paying, his card was declined & he was obviously stressing over his christmas eve food shopping.
The speaker of parliament Trevor Mallard is a local and was walking past on his way to a checkout terminal with his shopping in tshirt* shorts and jandals.
He stopped and paid the kids bill with his contactless card, gave the kid a thumbs up and wandered off to checkout himself.
I've seen him around a lot and chatted with him a bit, and this is totally the sort of guy he is, what a top bloke!

*his race shirt from doing the Coast to Coast race no less!

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Despite that I think that the new Spideys are some of the better MCU, it is still just MCU and in the ‘lite’ entertainment bucket. Sony’s 1st Spiderverse kicked the shit out of all of it IMNSHO. There is apparently a new one but I don’t care enough to look for the trailer.

Anyway whatever, It is festivus eve, early evening. I just had Peking duck, home made chicken hoisin cabbage gyoza and am drunking a ton of Prosecco and Aperol. I maybe somewhat lightly toasted too but shhh! Shhhh! So noisy.

Hope you all are good too.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
4DB35BC6-44E4-4583-BF28-146CE86A0993.jpeg

Went in for Slow Gin. Only bad slow gin is stock. ‘Try this, festivus cheer!’

Nope. 2/10 will not bang again.