Quantcast

\̅_̅/̷̚ʾ Thirsty Thursday \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I hate it when the doggos wake me up before the alarm. Pouring outside, I hope it stops before I have to leave for work at 7am. Espresso and a dump loom on the horizon

however radar says I am gonna get wet today
radar 12232021.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
for anyone curious, i thought matrix resurrections was good. not as good as the original, but probably better than the first two sequels. the special effects were good, but not as groundbreaking as when they first came out, but I think that works in its favor, so many movies now the action is so fast and shaky it can be hard to tell what's going on. the plot was decent, without spoiling too much i will say it plays on themes from the prior movie, like deja vu and how things in the matrix are cyclical.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I already decided I'm done with work for the year. (Crossing fingers nothing crops up between now and the 3rd)

Wife and I were originally planning to head to Moab for the festivus period. But the weather there doesn't look great through the weekend and the weather between us and there really doesn't look great for driving through.

So now I need to decide on more local riding spots for the next 11 days.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Also also: this psychedelic afro-beat Krautrock funk is kicking my ass in a good way.

In case anyone here dug the sound of that track above and has Spotify, the band came up on a Monophonics Radio playlist I have setup. After hearing that, I got a little curious about this funky afro-beat stuff and found this Afrobeat Essentials playlist that is definitely tickling me in my auditory sensor organ holes this morning. Do your thing, people.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Drinking coffee and watching the mountains get hammered. I dont think they're gonna be ok to drive after this. My goals today are to head the other direction and put down some miles and climbing out of Lory State Park. Then run around in FoCo wrapping up x-mas present / high end grocery acquisition.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ok then, do it. All the lines....
Okay, I couldn't resist. Changed it up a bit, and maybe this isn't funny if you don't live or have ridden in the Front Range™ but I think @Toshi, @Nick, @6thElement, @stoney, and @SkaredShtles can all probably relate. If I still did the Facebook thing I'd be tempted to post it in the 303 Trail Monitor group.

On the 12th day of Apex
My true love sent to me
Twelve hikers hiking
Eleven bikers skidding
Ten rocks a-rolling
Nine runners running
Eight moms a-strolling
Seven snakes a-sunning
Six turns switchbacking
Five Golden rides (five Golden rides)
Four water bars
Three poop bags
Two off-leash dogs
And a climb back up Chimney

(Obviously I didn't type all the verses out, I'm sure you people are smart enough to sort out the whole thing...)

Not a good head day.
See Post #31

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Okay, I couldn't resist. Changed it up a bit, and maybe this isn't funny if you don't live or have ridden in the Front Range™ but I think @Toshi, @Nick, @6thElement, @stoney, and @SkaredShtles can all probably relate. If I still did the Facebook thing I'd be tempted to post it in the 303 Trail Monitor group.

On the 12th day of Apex
My true love sent to me
Twelve hikers hiking
Eleven bikers skidding
Ten rocks a-rolling
Nine runners running
Eight moms a-strolling
Seven snakes a-sunning
Six turns switchbacking
Five Golden rides (five Golden rides)
Four water bars
Three poop bags
Two off-leash dogs
And a climb back up Chimney

(Obviously I didn't type all the verses out, I'm sure you people are smart enough to sort out the whole thing...)

See Post #31

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Woot. I was just warming up the work vehicle when I got a text that my first and last runs of the day are canceled. So no driving 140 miles (2 round trips), My first run is here in town at 10:15 and I get off work by 2pm having done only 3 transports....WINNER

I think more espresso which shall be sipped at my leisure is called for.