Quantcast

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Payday thursday GMT [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
already slept like crap, one full day ahead of Jozz. :yes:

bought a new jack yesterday, I'll try to repair the old one sooner or later. T-2 work days left before brief stint of funemployment.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
City still hasn't come through for the trash pickup, peeps are now starting to just throw bags on the street, no snow or ice in sight. I am curious how these people have made this far in life.

In other news, My Anamorphic lenses should show up today or tomorrow according to shipping. Kinda stoked to figure out the learning curve on them before using them this spring on a couple projects rather than having to hash it out on the spot like previous projects.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man! Got up at 5:00 to feed the dogs, then went back to sleep for 2.5 more hours. I took the day off from work but got shit to do. I ought to start on that....

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
City still hasn't come through for the trash pickup, peeps are now starting to just throw bags on the street, no snow or ice in sight. I am curious how these people have made this far in life.

In other news, My Anamorphic lenses should show up today or tomorrow according to shipping. Kinda stoked to figure out the learning curve on them before using them this spring on a couple projects.
Sounds neat, what body/back do you shoot video with?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Woke up before my alarm. Had a cup of bean tea at home. Made for an epic unload at work. Out in my shop at little too late last night, so assuming I’ll be dead ass tired by noon.

Anyone watch Boba Fett?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I’m waiting to watch The Book of BF with the wife-bot.

Today is my last day of work this week but it’ll be a doozy. Already short staffed this week at baseline due to splitting holiday weeks, and then one additional person down today as our fellow was pulled to cover the overnight shift, in turn needed because the scheduled overnight guy is sick with COVID.

Moral of the story is that I’ll essentially be covering for the missing guy on top of what was scheduled.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Kiddo slept through the night. Again. I'm suspicious. :tinfoil: T - 6 days until closing.

@maxyedor was talking coping saws with my FIL last night and mentioned the Knew Concepts stuff. Of course then he had to order saws for both of us. I'll have to report back on how posh it is.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got out for a skate ski with my youngest yesterday. Just 30 minutes at a very easy pace. It was my first time being physically active since my accident. Felt amazing to get out. I'm still a little unstable, but I think that's just the proprioceptors needing to be reactivated. No pain this morning, just normal DOMS from being active for the first time in 4 months. Now we just need more snow coverage so we can ski a little deeper into the trails and forest.

Added bonus was skiing with my little guy. He hasn't taken to skiing as well as his big brother, but it seems he's had something of a breakthrough. He's comfortable going up and down hills now, which is kind of critical for cross-country skiing. As he gets more comfortable we'll be able to go a little faster and do some nicer loops.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Nice dinner out with the girls last night. Wifey and I polished 2 bottles of wine, and dammit, getting good bottles are worth it - not a hint of hangover and I effectively never drink. Back home today. Maybe go karting with Haley while MIL is there and can watch Hannah.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. Coffee. Wife wants closet doors replaced. Which will require an extra 4" of width to the existing opening. However I suspect when our house was rehabbed the gc just put trim and/or drywall over the frame.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's snowing, again. Supposed to be rain by lunch, so we will see. While the wife enjoys having Lil Man around, she doesn't miss it full time. :rofl:

I remind her that this is why it's a horrible idea to have kids later in life. It's a ton of fun part time as the grand parents. Full time would be kill list.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Small dog made it out of surgery and is back to being herself. They ended up pulling almost all her teeth because there was so much bone loss/infection in her jaws. Happy she's feeling better; she spent much of the past month in a foul breathed, drooling fugue state. Poor thing.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
***Friendly Finance Monkey Reminder***

Spend your FSA dollars by tomorrow.

Check with your FSA provider to see if there is carryover to 2022. If so, how much. If you have more than that, spend to get to that threshold. If no carryover, spend that shit. www.FSAstore.com is an easy way to get shit that is FSA approved. It's a slight premium, but better than giving away the money.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ain't nobody got time for FSAs other than for Dependent Care (<-- this one is great, though!).

HSA + HDHP FTW, IMO.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ain't nobody got time for FSAs other than for Dependent Care (<-- this one is great, though!).

HSA + HDHP FTW, IMO.
Don't disagree. But there are limited FSAs, which can be used for vision and dental, even when you have an HDHP/HSA.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

I too watched Boba Fett last night.

Tis that time of the quarter for Cancer stuff. Blood work today pretty much right in the middle of the day kind of cocks up the whole day. Upstairs office is in need of a major purge, so perhaps I'll do that instead of just sitting around. Maybe work some guitaring in there somewhere too.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Stranded in Boise. Saw lots of spin outs along i84 yesterday and after we got off the road they started rolling over and there was even a fatality. Now the Blues are shut down and gonna stay that way all day I am guessing. Hopefully things chill out by tomorrow.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My opinion on Boba Fett:

Like most mysterious, menacing, compelling supporting characters, the intrigue falls apart when you start trying to get into backstory details and/or making them the main character.

Just like Hannibal Lecter.

I thought the Mandalorian was great, giving us a Boba Fett-esque geek-out without running into these issues. (Up and until he ran into BF, I think, anyway...although that was at least tolerable and had Timothy Oliphant to boot...)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Gale force winds up here, so much for doing an outdoor ride today.

What's it like down in Kansas?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

Kiddo slept through the night. Again. I'm suspicious. :tinfoil: T - 6 days until closing.

@maxyedor was talking coping saws with my FIL last night and mentioned the Knew Concepts stuff. Of course then he had to order saws for both of us. I'll have to report back on how posh it is.

Better only use it on MDF molding to balance out the fancy

How old is said kiddo now, couple months right? we got some weirdly restful nights in the first few months, now he just starts loudly talking about dogs and dinos at 7:00 AM sharp.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My opinion on Boba Fett:

Like most mysterious, menacing, compelling supporting characters, the intrigue falls apart when you start trying to get into backstory details and/or making them the main character.

Just like Hannibal Lecter.

I thought the Mandalorian was great, giving us a Boba Fett-esque geek-out without running into these issues. (Up and until he ran into BF, I think, anyway...although that was at least tolerable and had Timothy Oliphant to boot...)
I'm going to give it more time, but this was kind of my initial take away as well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stranded in Boise. Saw lots of spin outs along i84 yesterday and after we got off the road they started rolling over and there was even a fatality. Now the Blues are shut down and gonna stay that way all day I am guessing. Hopefully things chill out by tomorrow.
I-90 closed over the Cascades