Quantcast

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] The TGIF'nF Gutten Morgan Thread® [̲̅€(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅€]

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Duh. Been talking with a buddy about buying the Subie so Wifey can get her Infiniti. Quoted him KBB price and am going to give him a massive stack of extra stuff (wheels, remote start, filters, etc) only to realize that I quoted trade-in, not third party. Shitty to tell him that I screwed up and adjust the price up to third party list. It's $1k and he's still getting more that much in extra stuff, but still hate to do that. I just can't cost my self that kind of coin for a stupid mistake.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Great ride yesterday in cool temps and high elevation. Fixing to undo that with a hot-as-balls local loop, followed with cold beers sitting next to my grill.
85* at the start, rode to the top of Evergreen Mtn., downpour and fvcking HAIL storm and I could see my breath on the descent. I've now had my first and second Fall rides this month.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
85* at the start, rode to the top of Evergreen Mtn., downpour and fvcking HAIL storm and I could see my breath on the descent. I've now had my first and second Fall rides this month.
I guess I should invest in a better lightweight packable wind/rain shell then.

Recommendations?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Duh. Been talking with a buddy about buying the Subie so Wifey can get her Infiniti. Quoted him KBB price and am going to give him a massive stack of extra stuff (wheels, remote start, filters, etc) only to realize that I quoted trade-in, not third party. Shitty to tell him that I screwed up and adjust the price up to third party list. It's $1k and he's still getting more that much in extra stuff, but still hate to do that. I just can't cost my self that kind of coin for a stupid mistake.
I like honest people. Just tell him what you just wrote to us in a nice way. He can still walk away or you can meet in the middle. Not having to go sell it to somebody else has value too.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today's road ride was a bit rough, 95 degrees, 30 MPH sustained winds and 8% humidity... tomorrow will be in the low 80s but the wind is expected to remain constant. I didn't see single other road biker today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fridays could be worse... It is massively hot here. Rode the local xc loop, whichiI never do. Just followed the signs for the weekly race; whoever marked it this week did a good job.

Trails beyond dusty. They're at the point here where the dust is silky smooth.

It needs to rain a little, just not tomorrow because DH. Yay.

Lawn chair, beer and relax time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I'd buy it. :brows::crazy::imstupid::rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, we just bought the local ATM franchise. We will have 9-10 locations, each generating around $300-$500 monthly. All I have to do is reload the machines with cash every two weeks or so (a bit more frequently in the height of summer). Pretty psyched, it's a great cash generator for very part time work. will pay itself off in a few years. Anyone have experience with these types of franchises?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My buddies dad owned all the coin operation air compressors in our region. He bought a badass change counter. He made a lot of money just driving around picking up change...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So, we just bought the local ATM franchise. We will have 9-10 locations, each generating around $300-$500 monthly. All I have to do is reload the machines with cash every two weeks or so (a bit more frequently in the height of summer). Pretty psyched, it's a great cash generator for very part time work. will pay itself off in a few years. Anyone have experience with these types of franchises?
I have no experience with ownership but am constantly amazed how much people are willing to pay to access their own cash while on vacation, should be quite steady during tourist season. Best of luck in your new business.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How hard would it be to modify them to dispense other - ummm - green goods? :brows:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
How's the Corolla hatchback Matrix working out?
Based on the number of rides, multiplied by the average of post ride cold beverages consumed and divided by lawn chair deployment, I would say the Matrix is working out one billionty percent, regardless of name, but I ain't one to talk so you didn't hear it from me... :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How's the Corolla hatchback Matrix working out?
Besides having no balls at all, been great. I've put about 4500 miles on it and no issues so far. Been spending literally half on gas.

Though, I did accidentally wave to a Legacy GT with a front mount intercooler the other day. :homer:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I like honest people. Just tell him what you just wrote to us in a nice way. He can still walk away or you can meet in the middle. Not having to go sell it to somebody else has value too.
He said as much. He thought it was too cheap. Now it's getting his wife on board. He wants to get her onto AWD with snows, as they are Texas and he wants her to have as many advantages as possible during the winter.

I have no experience with ownership but am constantly amazed how much people are willing to pay to access their own cash while on vacation, should be quite steady during tourist season. Best of luck in your new business.
The whole financial 'services' racket consists of charging us for use of our money.

I amazed that people still use cash. :confused:
I do a lot. Wish they'd get rid of all coins but, say, quarters, though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The whole financial 'services' racket consists of charging us for use of our money.

I do a lot. Wish they'd get rid of all coins but, say, quarters, though.
We got rid of the penny up here. No difference noticed on my end.

I'd be okay with only keeping quarters, dollars and two dollar coins. The rest just go into a bucket or get lost in my car.

I hardly use cash. Majority of venders up here are converting over to "tap" payment systems. Its super easy and faster than inserting your chip card and then keying a pin code. BUT, it also scares me because there is no sort of authorization method being used... :brow: