Quantcast

( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ ) Sabato dispendioso GMT ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Managed to get a ride in for the first time in like 7 weeks, gassed AF

Got home, kiddo was a mess, dumped about 4lbsof flour on the kitchen floor and now won’t nap. Looking forward to the birthday party at Chuck E Cheese this afternoon for one of his classmates, and really looking forward to Christmas with my family tomorrow. I need more coffee or booze, probably both

Nice! Congrats on the oneby! SRAM by the looks? Driveside shot?
26# 6 oz
SRAM NX
  • 175 mm cranks
  • 32 tooth chainring
  • 1 x 11
  • Eagle CS-PG-1230-A1 cassette, 11-50t: 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 22, 25, 28, 32, 36, 42, 50
WTB STp i23 rims
ROLLCii headset
FSA Gossamer stem, 10.5 cm
Velo Orange Granola Bar Alloy Bar (31.8mm) 650mm Black
Panaracer GravelKing SS tires, 27.5 x 1.90 [650B]
Brakes
  • Hayes CX Expert Dia Compe SS6 cable actuated disk brakes,
  • SRAM Centerline 160 mm 6 bolt rotors
ProMax seatpost, 27 mm

Provided by me
  • Specialized Avatar seat
  • Red deity flat pedals

26# 6 oz
SRAM NX
  • 175 mm cranks
  • 32 tooth chainring
  • 1 x 11
  • Eagle CS-PG-1230-A1 cassette, 11-50t: 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 22, 25, 28, 32, 36, 42, 50
WTB STp i23 rims
ROLLCii headset
FSA Gossamer stem, 10.5 cm
Velo Orange Granola Bar Alloy Bar (31.8mm) 650mm Black
Panaracer GravelKing SS tires, 27.5 x 1.90 [650B]
Brakes
  • Hayes CX Expert Dia Compe SS6 cable actuated disk brakes,
  • SRAM Centerline 160 mm 6 bolt rotors
ProMax seatpost, 27 mm

Provided by me
  • Specialized Avatar seat
  • Red deity flat pedals
I'd like to put a dropper on it, not sure what might make sense.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well this trail was friggin steep. The Hillsound spikes worked wonders @Jozz !

But it's sad, the town has put up paid parking signs at the trailhead, which is just the shoulder of a road in farm county. Ughhhhh. Getting nickel and died everywhere and I don't even think it's the town who owns this forest. I of course didn't pay and got a parking ticket; lost that gamble.

Rox for @jdcamb

Only some folks skinning up this hill today.

The one flat spot on the way up. A beer would have been nice here.

Now I just need to get some buddies on-board with checking it out in the summer. I think it'd be rideable, except for one or two switchbacks. Brake burner for sure. We normally ride a trail down the ridge a few hundred meters, which is just as steep, just not sustained for the entire way down.

And now to crack that beer open.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
66th Birthday dinner at Burma Burma. I am stuffed

Pumpkin Chicken Curry
Locally grown pumpkin, fresh onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, carrots, coconut milk, evaporated milk, curry powder and burmese spices.

Mango Shrimp ❓
Marinated shrimp tossed in a wok with soy sauce, black pepper, basil, onions, sambal chili, and mango puree.

Broccoli and Garlic
Broccoli tossed in a wok with white wine, garlic, a little salt, and garnished with fried onion

Burmese Garlic Noodle
Egg-flour noodles, tossed with fried garlic, scallions, cucumbers, garlic oil and oyster sauce, with either tofu, roast pork, roast chicken, roast duck, or shrimp. Served with a sweet chili sauce, red onions, and jalapeños.

Home Style Fried Rice
Choice of jasmine or brown rice with onions, yellow beans, tumeric, fried onions and egg. (Vegan option available)

Coconut Pudding
Coconut pudding made with yellow bean powder, flour, corn starch, sugar, and deep fried, topped with fresh strawberries and coconut cream, served with a scoop of chocolate vanilla, or mango ice cream.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Rode, got in 37 miles, 4150ft vert and cold toes.

So now down to needing 3226ft of vert for each of the next 14 days.
Lookout Mtn x 52 repeats. You got this.

I honestly don’t remember how much elevation gain is to be had on lookout. isn’t it around 500’ from the pillars to the buffalo bull tourist trap? Going from downtown all the way to the top (up the dirt road on the other side of the highway) should be close 1000’, no?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, that was fun…went to a holiday party tonight that was a soup competition. 10 entries, blind format. I won by an overwhelming margin, three other contestants voted for my soup. It was a Tom Kha Gai (coconut ginger chicken soup), I have been working on the recipe for 25 years. My sister married a Thai who spoke no English, he taught me to cook a lot of Thai dishes just by pointing, and using ‘more’ and ‘less’ signals.
Cool story, bro, I know, I know.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
So, that was fun…went to a holiday party tonight that was a soup competition. 10 entries, blind format. I won by an overwhelming margin, three other contestants voted for my soup. It was a Tom Kha Gai (coconut ginger chicken soup), I have been working on the recipe for 25 years. My sister married a Thai who spoke no English, he taught me to cook a lot of Thai dishes just by pointing, and using ‘more’ and ‘less’ signals.
Cool story, bro, I know, I know.
dammit now i want delicious soups. bout that time of year for great northwoods bean soup with kielbasa....

good day overall. watched kiddo somewhat play rugby; ran errands; are some damn fine cast iron skillet chicken pot pie made by teh wife. started ski trip prep. chillin with a porter. just realized i still haven't thrown the 180 air shaft in the 38 yet. s00n. maybe quick ride tomorrow?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lookout Mtn x 52 repeats. You got this.

I honestly don’t remember how much elevation gain is to be had on lookout. isn’t it around 500’ from the pillars to the buffalo bull tourist trap? Going from downtown all the way to the top (up the dirt road on the other side of the highway) should be close 1000’, no?
Pillars to Buffalo Bill is about 1300ft, from down in Golden would add another few hundred. Not sure what it would be if you carried on to the top of Genesee, 700ish maybe. But the dirt road section to the very top gets snowed in, haven't been up it for a few weeks.

The constant wardrobe changes are a pain this time of year when the temps are around freezing, get hot on the climb, get cold on the descent.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Which model?
John, if it works more easily for the intent of this bike, you could consider one of the 'jump seat' style droppers with manual lever activation at the seat.

I have used one and while it isn't anywhere near the convenience and efficiency of a bar switch for trail riding, it might keep things simpler and easier depending on how you envision using the bike and/or routing cables.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Pillars to Buffalo Bill is about 1300ft, from down in Golden would add another few hundred. Not sure what it would be if you carried on to the top of Genesee, 700ish maybe. But the dirt road section to the very top gets snowed in, haven't been up it for a few weeks.

The constant wardrobe changes are a pain this time of year when the temps are around freezing, get hot on the climb, get cold on the descent.
Huh. More than I thought.

There used to be a free newspaper box up by the exit for Genessee. I used to grab a few and stuff them under my jersey to block the wind on the way down. I was much younger…probably dumber…definitely tougher…back then.