Quantcast

( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴ Saturday GMT Behind the Wall┬┴┬┴┤ʘ‿ʘ)ノ

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hmm, title checks out.
why not both?

oh, my frame is broken. I'll be stripping my bike this weekend and sending the frame to warranty-ville.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
hmm, title checks out.
why not both?

oh, my frame is broken. I'll be stripping my bike this weekend and sending the frame to warranty-ville.
Uh-oh, where's the break, too many stair hucks?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
spent the night in the camping hammock. It was great except that I should have brought a warmer sleeping bag. I was using my 40* summer bag and it dropped to 45* and apparently in my advanced age I don't generate as much body heat as I used to. Definitely going to ride sometime this morning

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yep, the rfx. maybe not 'broken' but rather 'breaking'. It's at the top pivot. Turner says they can repair, and I found a few others online with a similar issue. I'm not worried. Warranty covers it and Turner has been great to deal with over the years.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yep, the rfx. maybe not 'broken' but rather 'breaking'. It's at the top pivot. Turner says they can repair, and I found a few others online with a similar issue. I'm not worried. Warranty covers it and Turner has been great to deal with over the years.
The new gen rfx?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
There's a few on empty beer who've had the fix, stronger retaining compound for the bearing sleeve I think. @Jm_ might have had it done...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There's a few on empty beer who've had the fix, stronger retaining compound for the bearing sleeve I think. @Jm_ might have had it done...
Yep, had it done, quick turnaround. Used some kind of full-length sleeve rather than the original 2-piece. No issues after. Was trying to service my bearings when I discovered it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
hmm, title checks out.
why not both?

Want one of my canfield frames as a backup? :brows:

Morning. Rainy, gloomy and cold here. Got to unclog roof rain drain in the Beetle, optimized controls of new boiler, did some fine tuning of the cockpit of the new bike. I am itching to ride but the trails will be a shit show for a while. :cray:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ran and ride yesterday
Long run today (not like babe your uncle long). Training for a half marathon over turkey day weekend with Buffalo. Feeling good about it since I ran my longest run ever Monday (9.3 mi)! Running trails together today and we’ll see how far we get.

I’ve got a lot of catching up to do here! Ride it is testing a hundred skis?! Like bindings or on snow?! Living the dream dude.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:mad:

Almost had to put an old man down cause he was giving my wife shit about (our) dogs being a pain in the ass to walk around at the farmers market. GFY geezer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
any of you fine monkeys happen to have some spare e13 ISCG bolts? I seem to have run out. I also need a roller for the pre 2010 era LG1

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Raining so no riding. Went grocery shopping instead. Found this white shelf someone was throwing out awhile back. Wasnt gonna buy screws just to hang it, but did buy some for building my boxspring/bunkie board. Finally hung it up and works great for small stuff in the pantry.
It was either going in the pantry or linen closet where i keep all my camping gear, glad i chose pantry. Now to find another for the linen closet.
FB_IMG_1539459990965.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last night I went to a quinceanera and ate so much friggin food. :dead: It's like, I was already full when dinner was served, but I still ate my whole plate, and then still ate a huge dessert from the enormous dessert spread. That did me no favors for my half marathon this morning, as I felt sluggish and poopish. I still managed to fire off a 1:29:20 (6:48 pace), finally breaking that pesky 1:30 barrier that I've been chasing. The race field was too big and fast for me to win any awards though. I placed like 120 out of 4200 or so. It was 45 degrees and raining, which was fine to run in, but misery after the race.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Raining so no riding. Went grocery shopping instead. Found this white shelf someone was throwing out awhile back. Wasnt gonna buy screws just to hang it, but did buy some for building my boxspring/bunkie board. Finally hung it up and works great for small stuff in the pantry.
It was either going in the pantry or linen closet where i keep all my camping gear, glad i chose pantry. Now to find another for the linen closet.
View attachment 130986
SS wants his shitty syrup back

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Rode through driving rain at 40 degrees. An hour was plenty and then hanging the rain gear to dry. Mounted the ginormous Dillinger 5 tires and did a full brake bleed for the winter bike. The only thing we got is rain for the foreseeable future. Thanks coal.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Winter wheels put on the car, guarantees tonights snowpocalpse will leave < 1" and it will be 70 freedums again by next weekend.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
spent the night in the camping hammock. It was great except that I should have brought a warmer sleeping bag. I was using my 40* summer bag and it dropped to 45* and apparently in my advanced age I don't generate as much body heat as I used to. Definitely going to ride sometime this morning
i tried sleeping in one.....my back said fuck you very much in the morning....getting near half century time sucks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Second concert night in a row, as a performer. Shit’s tiring. Going to do nothing tomorrow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
ok so, fuck Thomson and they're stupid fucking 3mm fasteners. If you insist on using a stupidly small fastener at least use a torx bolt you fucking fucks. Gaahhhh!!!!
stem?

Fcuk the T20 bolts on the Ritchey stem on wifes roadie, my version has 3mm, fcuk them too tbh.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hate thomsons bolt methodology

my daughter ate two tacos tonight. she's the kind of picky 5 yo that only eats random shit that has never touched other random shit. Eating two tacos filled with meat and cheese and lettuce is fuckin' high society.

I drank wine and whiskey.

Yesterday I test drove an M5.

Life is pretty good.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
i tried sleeping in one.....my back said fuck you very much in the morning....getting near half century time sucks.
you have to assume an asymmetric position to lay flat in one and not feel like shit in the morning. In other words somewhere between 20-30* off the long side axis. Head to one side of the mid line feet to the other.

So young pup you are still in your 40s? JBP is in his 70s and I am in my 60s you have not seen suckage as of yet

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you have to assume an asymmetric position to lay flat in one and not feel like shit in the morning. In other words somewhere between 20-30* off the long side axis. Head to one side of the mid line feet to the other.

So young pup you are still in your 40s? JBP is in his 70s and I am in my 60s you have not seen suckage as of yet

hmmmmmmmm......will try next time at brothers in colorado...