Quantcast

Ηαρργ ₽®€₷⨡⨞ελΓʂ day ĢɱŦ

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I'm not a federal employee, so work today.

Big snow coming today, maybe I can be taken out by it then I don't have to work tomorrow.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well it was interesting to try a new car for a long drive and compare it to the Volvo. BMW 520D wagon vs XC60. The display was better resolution and the wireless Carplay was nice. Didn't like how I sat in the BMW and the lack of lumbar support and to narrow seats. The BMW had gotten some kind of M badge and I think it made the car worse. Like the lighter steering and more comfortable suspension in the Volvo. Tires and rear wheel drive was a big plus. Even with winter tires the Volvo will spin easily so no M driving in the Volvo. BMW therefore was of course better on the highway but that was no surprise.

Anyway back to the grind. MRI tomorrow.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am a state employee so I kind of have today off

in that I work today but get a comp day (also one for MLK) to use in lieu of vacation.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Waiting at the ER vet to get Monday's stitches out. Came yesterday, waited 3 hours and was told maybe 3 more, so we left. Bright and early this morning, but will see if it's under 2 hours for a 5 minutes job.

The coffee shop doesn't open until 7, bastards.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I work in finance, so today is a day off. To the zoo then who knows what. Took Haley to kart yesterday afternoon and she ravaged a large group of boys. Badly. Then she jumped in and did two adult races with me and finally beat me. I'm guessing because it was dense traffic, since the race prior I was still up by 1.5sec - but she got one hell of a boost by beating me. She also tore apart the adults in those two races.

She's getting faster in the adult karts, so more control of the power and better with the lines the in adult karts. The still chatters, presumably because she's too light to hold it down, but she needs to do a better job of wider lines in the adult karts.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ended up being 20 minutes, it was quick.

When I got the steel pin removed from my thumb the doc just pulled out a pair of needle nose pliers from a sterile bag and gave it a gentle pull. If I had known that was all that was involved I would have done it myself.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
When I got the steel pin removed from my thumb the doc just pulled out a pair of needle nose pliers from a sterile bag and gave it a gentle pull. If I had known that was all that was involved I would have done it myself.
I still distinctly remember the deep, very alien sensation of my bone vibrating a bit when I got four percutaneous pins removed from my right forearm in clinic.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I still distinctly remember the deep, very alien sensation of my bone vibrating a bit when I got four percutaneous pins removed from my right forearm in clinic.
It certainly was an odd and uncomfortable feeling but thankfully not painful.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Weirdest ER visit I had was having my eye irrigated to flush out a foreign object. They put a suction cup between my eye ball and eyelid then flushed with a solution for an hour. Wasn’t painful but definitely uncomfortable and very creepy.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Weirdest ER visit I had was having my eye irrigated to flush out a foreign object. They put a suction cup between my eye ball and eyelid then flushed with a solution for an hour. Wasn’t painful but definitely uncomfortable and very creepy.
:mandown intensifies:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was this some kind of terrorist attack? Are you sure it wasn't a domestic object?

Wear your safety glasses kids.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Checking the weather forecast for my road trip next weekend. Very happy to see that it should be a dry as last prediction was for a lot of snow/ice storms. 1200 mile winter drives through the mountain west isn't trivial. Will probably take the more populous interstate route through Utah vs the more interesting Nevada route. 200 miles between towns in single digit temperatures in the dark seems like an unnecessary risk.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It certainly was an odd and uncomfortable feeling but thankfully not painful.
I have a clear and vivid memory of multiple medical professionals attempting to remove various drains from both my chest and abdominal area, including one such drain from my stomach that seemed to be at least 2 feet long, that the doc removed via a technique very similar to that of starting a lawn mower.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have a clear and vivid memory of multiple medical professionals attempting to remove various drains from both my chest and abdominal area, including one such drain from my stomach that seemed to be at least 2 feet long, that the doc removed via a technique very similar to that of starting a lawn mower.
Explains the boner

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Checking the weather forecast for my road trip next weekend. Very happy to see that it should be a dry as last prediction was for a lot of snow/ice storms. 1200 mile winter drives through the mountain west isn't trivial. Will probably take the more populous interstate route through Utah vs the more interesting Nevada route. 200 miles between towns in single digit temperatures in the dark seems like an unnecessary risk.
route....

i need to do a pnw mental heath vacation next year....