Quantcast

Ηαρργ ₽®€₷⨡⨞ελΓʂ day ĢɱŦ

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Put the ol reading glasses on and discovered that my toenail has grown back after loosing most of it from a pair of ill fitting trail runners on a five day backpacking trip. What an exciting time to be alive.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
When I got the steel pin removed from my thumb the doc just pulled out a pair of needle nose pliers from a sterile bag and gave it a gentle pull. If I had known that was all that was involved I would have done it myself.
Mine did the same, except there was indeed pain. The smell, oh God the smell. It was death. I felt the drill whirring inside my finger during the installation process, it was great.

And of course it didn't fix my finger, so it healed wonky and has been super fragile ever since. Its not ideal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mine did the same, except there was indeed pain. The smell, oh God the smell. It was death. I felt the drill whirring inside my finger during the installation process, it was great.

And of course it didn't fix my finger, so it healed wonky and has been super fragile ever since. Its not ideal.
There was no smell for me.

I am certainly no doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express but that sounds like it was infected. I had to clean nasty build up of dead skin and dried bodily juices around my pin hole daily with peroxide. Perhaps you had belly button funk around your pin hole?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
There was no smell for me.

I am certainly no doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express but that sounds like it was infected. I had to clean nasty build up of dead skin and dried bodily juices around my pin hole daily with peroxide. Perhaps you had belly button funk around your pin hole?
Ah, yea, they didn't have me do that. Guidance I got was don't get it wet and we'll see you in 6 weeks. Probably a decent chance I did have some level of infection.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ah, yea, they didn't have me do that. Guidance I got was don't get it wet and we'll see you in 6 weeks. Probably a decent chance I did have some level of infection.

That would explain it. I had a hard plastic splint that went around mine to protect it. Of course with no one else in the house I had to figure out how to remove the splint with one hand, which required prying it open to clear the pin. I would clamp the handle of some forceps to the table, clamp forceps onto splint and use my other hand to pry it open wide enough. Simpler than a helper monkey.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Whelp, 11 hours, 17k steps and 56 flights of stairs later, we’re moved into the new house enough to sleep here. Hoping Storageddon 2022 hold off at least long enough for me to finish moving my tools, F tarps.

Kiddo hasgrown used to his old room with lots of traffic noise and a solid core door, getting him to sleep tonight was a challenge. Dogs are still big and dumb, but now they’re a bit stressed out and confused so they were making all kinds of noise which wasn’t helping matters either. As soon as I finish moving the garage and yard crap I’ll score him a solid door and dig out his white noise machine, maybe grab the dogs a steak to remind them that we love them and won’t be abandoning them, poor pups.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
the feeling of having the dentist smashing your wisdom teeth to remove them is pretty fun.
Going through that last year with the removal of my cracked-down-the-middle tooth 18 was awful. Lots of prying and chipping off of bits. And pain. But getting it out was definitely in order.

In other news I saw Uncharted tonight. A thoroughly meh movie. When the whole team phones it in.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I opted to be put to sleep when I got my wisdom teeth pulled hammered out. I'm glad, because when I woke up it felt like someone went to town on my face.

I woke up from the initial gas, just as they were putting in the IV needle. I was out of it. Holy hell that needle felt like they were pushing a garden hose into my arm - no pain, but what a weird feeling being that high and watching it.

My mom had her wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago for some reason. One got infected pretty bad some how and one thing led to another, she ended up being hospitalized and being put into a medically induced coma for a few days. That was uhhh, shocking.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
School break week = mom running the kids to dentist, dr. gymnastics and whatever else they throw at me. So basically, like everyday, but I don't go to school too, just do my work from the car! Gymnastics tournament this past weekend went decent. Oldest didn't have a good meet, but she has only been back for a couple of weeks now (post broken foot) so hopefully she continues to improve and doesn't get injured agin.
Is it awesome? Because the TR GIF was awesome
Well, there is a musical about it so yeah, it's pretty awesome ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Removal of wisdom teeth doesn't accomplish much beyond providing dentists with income.
Posted it before and I'll post it again:

I read something recently about how educational programs for dentists have recently shifted to make dealing with patient discomfort one of their focuses. Less of a 'just deal with it' mentality and more realization that what they are doing can be incredibly uncomfortable for people. Duh. About damnes time.

I opted to be put to sleep when I got my wisdom teeth pulled hammered out. I'm glad, because when I woke up it felt like someone went to town on my face.

I woke up from the initial gas, just as they were putting in the IV needle. I was out of it. Holy hell that needle felt like they were pushing a garden hose into my arm - no pain, but what a weird feeling being that high and watching it.

My mom had her wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago for some reason. One got infected pretty bad some how and one thing led to another, she ended up being hospitalized and being put into a medically induced coma for a few days. That was uhhh, shocking.
If I ever get my wisdom teeth our, I demand to be so high I'll be gliding through the cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson as my guide.

I don't mind discomfort after the fact, but during the procedure, nope, send me away.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Posted it before and I'll post it again:

If I ever get my wisdom teeth our, I demand to be so high I'll be gliding through the cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson as my guide.

I don't mind discomfort after the fact, but during the procedure, nope, send me away.
I had local and gas - I remember everything... and only one of them was painful. She kept sticking the needle in until I had received the "max" of the local. Still hurt. She suggested coming back for a 2nd appt to get knocked out, but I told her FTS and just said get that fucker out. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I had local and gas - I remember everything... and only one of them was painful. She kept sticking the needle in until I had received the "max" of the local. Still hurt. She suggested coming back for a 2nd appt to get knocked out, but I told her FTS and just said get that fucker out. :D
:nope:

I'm a total weenie with mouth related stuff. Will readily admit it and I don't care.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:nope:

I'm a total weenie with mouth related stuff. Will readily admit it and I don't care.
Yeah just take the sleepy way.

I had a root canal on one of my front teeth and opted for just local anesthesia (no insurance at the time). Frigggggggg, what a feeling of them digging in there. Felt like they were up behind my nose with the needles. White knuckle gripped the chair the entire time because of the feelings.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Face Carpenters