Quantcast

ΞΞΞ gassed out thursday GMT ΞΞΞ

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oof. legs still cooked from last nights ride. longest trail ride and most vertical i've done all year. grilled a nice big fat steak afterwards, then hit the hot tub and was ready for bed. gotta make the coffee extra strong today

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Big ride last night too. I absolutely destroyed my Mexican food post ride. May have made it a little too spicy as I'm discovering now. :/

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ride was decent but I'm not convinced that the seasucker rack doesn't fucking suck. Axle came loose (my fault) on the way home, noticed that one of the cups lost some suction midway home, so I tightened it up. Then it lost suction again by the time I got home. This is not good. Was hoping for a temporary solution until somebody comes out with a hitch, but at this rate I'll have to go custom or get the roof rack.

Also, I've finally lost 20+lbs. Tomorrow morning might put me under 186 for the first time since 2008, when I was lifting 5 days a week....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Last nights Ride was great. Decided to get a baseline on a big shitty climb to see how my fitness held up over the winter... so the idea was ride it bottom to top with no stops at a pace I could sustain and not explode, but not necessarily put it all out there. My baseline ended up being ~10 seconds slower than my best time, so for a 35 minute effort I’ll take it.

The great news is the descent this climb accesses is one of the most fun in the area, and includes a bike-only, directional DH bit. Super rowdy and fun, great to smash some rocks for 14-ish minutes on the way down. HECKTRACK FTMFW.

Carry on.

I'm not convinced that the seasucker rack doesn't fucking suck.
Funny, pretty sure the rest of us have been certain of its suckiness from the get go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last nights Ride was great. Decided to get a baseline on a big shitty climb to see how my fitness held up over the winter... so the idea was ride it bottom to top with no stops at a pace I could sustain and not explode, but not necessarily put it all out there. My baseline ended up being ~10 seconds slower than my best time, so for a 35 minute effort I’ll take it.
35 minute sustained climb? KILL LIST.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
i think the longest sustained climb on any trail within an hour of me is 15 minutes. tops.
Heck come to think of it 35 minutes isn’t even to the top! I think we went 1:05 to the very top, with a 5-8 min break at the end of the 35 min segment.

Oh, did I mention it’s also loose and filled with gravel and semi-technical?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Heck come to think of it 35 minutes isn’t even to the top! I think we went 1:05 to the very top, with a 5-8 min break at the end of the 35 min segment.

Oh, did I mention it’s also loose and filled with gravel and semi-technical?
yea i get it. just different terrain / topography. you guys will generally do one big climb then one big descent, whereas out here for us its climb/descend/flat/climbdescend/flat/climb/flat/descend

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
yea i get it. just different terrain / topography. you guys will generally do one big climb then one big descent, whereas out here for us its climb/descend/flat/climbdescend/flat/climb/flat/descend
I mean, sometimes we’ll do like three big climbs and three big descents...

But also yeah. Different topography. The uppy-downy short power climby stuff murders me, ask @StiHacka from when we rode Maah-Daah-Hey. My legs are used to settling in to a rhythm for 30-90 minutes and grinding away slowly, but steady.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I mean, sometimes we’ll do like three big climbs and three big descents...

But also yeah. Different topography. The uppy-downy short power climby stuff murders me, ask @StiHacka from when we rode Maah-Daah-Hey. My legs are used to settling in to a rhythm for 30-90 minutes and grinding away slowly, but steady.
yea, if i relocated somewhere with big climbs like that it would take me a while to adapt to those kinds of climbs from a fitness perspective.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
To the bench is my hour!

#thestruggleisreal
That bench is an asshole.

yea, if i relocated somewhere with big climbs like that it would take me a while to adapt to those kinds of climbs from a fitness perspective.
It only took me 20 years... I’m sure you’d be fine.

Also, I've finally lost 20+lbs. Tomorrow morning might put me under 186 for the first time since 2008, when I was lifting 5 days a week....
Also, congrats on this, man! Strong work, keep it up!

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Riding south of Butte again with mtrider, there will be climbing but its super smooth with a passing lane, no tight switch backs or loose gravel, the trail might be a different story. I rode it last year and @jonKranked said I was slow and that hurt. It hurt bad enough to bring the triple ring.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Riding south of Butte again with mtrider, there will be climbing but its super smooth with a passing lane, no tight switch backs or loose gravel, the trail might be a different story. I rode it last year and @jonKranked said I was slow and that hurt. It hurt bad enough to bring the triple ring.
i don't recall that, but it sounds like something i'd say. i've got a little saying related to this subject however, "the older I get the faster I was"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I shall not be picking up my “bike” today as it awaiting getting some 29”
EX 511s laced up to its hubs.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Some of us have never adapted to it, from a fitness perspective. :dead:

Hello all. I shall not be picking up my “bike” today as it awaiting getting some 29”
EX 511s laced up to its hubs.
I'm sure several folks here appreciate the quote qualifier. :D

my house/office smells like bacon ... so weird!
That IS odd.

Also, to throw in a break from @jonKranked and I's dick-waving contest... how about some Bob Log III?

EDIT: Oops... forgot that dang thing is NSFW...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
That reminds me that I should hop on the computer and define an electrified Hecktrack segment for comparison. Since down is down.
There are a couple of "long-enough" climby bits on HECKTRACK that down is not down, really. I'd say a solid minute-plus could be knocked off with an eBike, easy. Especially after seeing just how fast those things can go uphill... there was a dude at Apex a week or so ago lapping Enchanted on an eBike. He was fit looking and kitted out, and had skills. He was a straight-up mountain biker... just on an eBike.

I was surprised at how non-emotional I was about the whole thing, even with him hauling ass uphill and passing me not once, but twice.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I rode my bike last evening... straight to the pub. Then had one too many with the wife. Ended up riding home in the dark, which I promised her wouldn't happen.

Unfortunately I feel hungover this morning, after only 3 beers. Sad.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I rode my bike last evening... straight to the pub. Then had one too many with the wife. Ended up riding home in the dark, which I promised her wouldn't happen.
She's met you, right? I'm certain she's used to a particular level of disappointment.

Unfortunately I feel hungover this morning, after only 3 beers. Sad.
What pub? What beer? I'm finding some brewpubs have beer that I can only have one or two of, or holy hell the hangover. Fortunately, my stop last night (Cannonball Creek) is not one of those places...