Quantcast

Σώζω Mon GMT Σώζω

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Perfect vac size and those track saws are sweet.
I rant on Festool only because, as a commercial user, I find them expensive to operate and fragile when in the hands of people who didn't pay for them.
Beware of sparks into the vac, we've lost several to internal fires (sparks from imbedded fasteners in our case).
I'm a little nervous about my purchase since Christmas sales have been off from last year. However, Festool has that 30 day return policy. Hopefully the saw will not be going back. You get 10% off a dust extractor if you buy a tool at the same time.

My old dust collector is a tool actuated shop vac made by Ridgid that lives in a cabinet. I paid a hundred bucks for and only got 18+ years out of it. :p

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got my truck back tonight

Good as before it was stolen. I did add an ignition interrupt, old guy version. It self activates when I turn the key off. I don't have to remember to do anything. I do have to do something to get it to restart which will hopefully be enough to slow down or stop a thief

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Please stop changing your avatar. I was definitely confused, because hook-boy doesn't have kids that I was aware of. It's too early for that kind of thinking.
this...

i was wondering when he got one by the goalie.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Her chances were shambles anyway, but no, that's not going to improve em any.
What makes you say that? I don't see any candidate or possible coalition scenario that would result in anything other than four more years of Merkel. Even if the far right gains 30% in parliament (they are currently not represented at all) not a single party will form a coalition with them, so they would have to win a majority of the vote to be part of the government.
The only constellation that would have a shot against Merkel would be the Social Democrats, Left and Greens forming a coalition. Given the terribly weak candidates the Social Democrats have to choose from, this is highly unlikely and even taking into account the prediction defying American election and the success of populists in Europe and abroad, the Christian Democrats should be the strongest party come September. But even if they are not they will probably form a coalition (for the third time in row) with the Social Democrats and possibly Greens and even Left to get a majority. Multi party system + proportional representation: try it nao.

While events like this will hurt mainstream parties across the board, Merkel in particular has gained a lot from America electing the Cheeto ferret. Lots of traditionally left leaning types are getting behind Merkel and are willing to accept political stasis just to have someone sensible in office.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...and there are fortunately(?) enough folks left in Germany that remember what happened the last time a right wing fool and his buddies were in charge.