Quantcast

Ω°Ω wtf weds gmt Ω•Ω

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Got to half way through my work day and couldn't be fucked so I took a week off.
Hopefully I can get enough sleep at some point to do some riding.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ps: I rode clipped in. Apex is a rocky spot. moderately terrifying being clipped in, although I know its a mind thing. Climbing was better, my constant fear of crashing aside. I'll keep at it at least one or two more rides.
a lot of it is definitely mental. once you get accustomed to it, you'll find it almost forces you to commit more on technical sections. if you're not thinking about dabbing, you're less likely to, and that will help reinforce that commitment.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey ho hey ho

seasucker rack worked flawlessly on the way in. They are sending a new pump to correct the issue I had last weekend. They seemed to know what it was right away. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

Either way, I am going to ride my bike after work. Hoopee doo!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Watched the documentary “Obey Giant” last night, pretty dang good. I first learned of Shepard Fairey in the late late 90s, in art school. He’d made a bit of a name for himself as a graphic designer already. It was an interesting watch, neat to see some insight into his path.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
<dogmonkey poop update>
Took the dog for a morning walk/run, before I was even off our plot she'd done two craps.
</dogmonkey poop update>

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, sunshines. I ran 30 minutes around the high school track this morning like some kind of jackass. A short workout just to keep the legs firing with a half ironman three days away.

Yesterday I was told to expect to work every weekend for most of the summer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cavity to be filled shortly, boss meeting to figure out what my sales goals are - after I've likely hit them, given everybody else's goals, then I get to do a 45 min presentation explaining how a company's retirement plan works to a room of new employees. So much fun to be had today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sleepy. Had trouble going back to sleep after feeding the baby a bottle overnight.

Also, my nose has declared it high allergy season. Mowing the lawns today won’t help that one bit but they’re due—green but shaggy.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
For some reason my brain felt that 4:30 was an appropriate time to wake up today.
I was up at 03:45MDT to attend to some datacenter-move shutdown activities. I now feel hungover. :mad:

Got to half way through my work day and couldn't be fucked so I took a week off.
No idea what "couldn't be fucked" means, but I approve of your methods of resolving it. :thumb:

I don't know how *any* company in the present employment market would even have the gall to make such a statement. "Sorry guys, instead of working every weekend of the summer, I'm going to be taking the summer completely off. Because fuck you and your silly 'job' thing." :D

must decide what delicious post ride meal to cook for myself. there is one lonely filet in the freezer still....
There is nothing wrong with a filet and a bottle of wine for dinner. Bonus points for some sauteed onions and mushrooms (sweet onions). Extra bonus points if you whip up a nice gorgonzola cream sauce. Warning: that creamy cheese sauce will make you fat(ter) - don't ask me how I know. :homer:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
but otherwise, yes to onions and mushrooms. i might get some wine though just to cook them in a reduction. i have a cast iron skillet that i use on the grill..........

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good morning, sunshines. I ran 30 minutes around the high school track this morning like some kind of jackass. A short workout just to keep the legs firing with a half ironman three days away.

Does that mean you can take your weekends during the week? caus' that may be a win. less people to deal with.

So back in May, posters went up in the bike storage area in the underground parking (key card access is required) saying that you are not allowed to leave locks, and they will be cut without notice. I spoke to a "green team" member, and it seems some cyclists weren't happy that other cyclists were leaving their locks on the racks, essentially reserving their spot. So I would leave my lock on the ground, unlocked. not taking up a spot. I got in this morning and it was gone. I spoke to the facilities guy, and he said they cut some locks last night, and they were in the garbage. So i went dumpster diving and found my lock. because it wasn't locked, it wasn't damaged, so there's thtat. the facilities guy is a nice guy. he doesn't ride and takes his cues from the "green team".

But I don't get it. In over 30 years of commuting, I've never even heard of it being a problem to leave locks on a rack. who the fuck is so fucking righteous that they will have another riders shit cut because it bothers them? Am I wrong on this one? I'm not really mad at facilities, but I'm kind of pissed at the other riders who feel its ok to destroy other people's shit. and if you want a prime parking spot, then get in early...

In other news, it's a beautiful day, and I'm going to ride an awesome loop tonight. yay!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
that's not a half bad idea, but i have a pretty strong preference for beer over wine, especially after a ride. good thing my wife likes malbecs.
Roger.

I will almost always pick wine over beer with food.

Which should make our upcoming Italian holiday *extra-fun*... throw in that two of the kids will be old enough to legally drink and we've set the stage for some good times. :D