Quantcast

Ω°Ω wtf weds gmt Ω•Ω

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Does that mean you can take your weekends during the week? caus' that may be a win. less people to deal with.

So back in May, posters went up in the bike storage area in the underground parking (key card access is required) saying that you are not allowed to leave locks, and they will be cut without notice. I spoke to a "green team" member, and it seems some cyclists weren't happy that other cyclists were leaving their locks on the racks, essentially reserving their spot. So I would leave my lock on the ground, unlocked. not taking up a spot. I got in this morning and it was gone. I spoke to the facilities guy, and he said they cut some locks last night, and they were in the garbage. So i went dumpster diving and found my lock. because it wasn't locked, it wasn't damaged, so there's thtat. the facilities guy is a nice guy. he doesn't ride and takes his cues from the "green team".

But I don't get it. In over 30 years of commuting, I've never even heard of it being a problem to leave locks on a rack. who the fuck is so fucking righteous that they will have another riders shit cut because it bothers them? Am I wrong on this one? I'm not really mad at facilities, but I'm kind of pissed at the other riders who feel its ok to destroy other people's shit. and if you want a prime parking spot, then get in early...

In other news, it's a beautiful day, and I'm going to ride an awesome loop tonight. yay!
At work without notice (except for in some internal announcements site that literally no one looks at) they cut off all of the locks off the rack that I use. This happened in March, so most people weren’t on their bikes again yet. Big slap in the face to those of us who would attempt to reduce the car parking problems on campus.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
At work without notice (except for in some internal announcements site that literally no one looks at) they cut off all of the locks off the rack that I use. This happened in March, so most people weren’t on their bikes again yet. Big slap in the face to those of us who would attempt to reduce the car parking problems on campus.
Yeah - this is a completely retarded "solution" to a nearly non-existent issue. Why doesn't somebody suggest to facilities to put up a "bike lock holder" and just tell everyone to use that to store their locks? And if they don't, snippy-snippy. Then it's their own fault.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, I might as well have had a stroke on half my face. This presentation should be interesting. 2.5 hours for it to wear off.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
what a way to return to the office

discovered that some meal replacement shakes I had been having for breakfast had some "side effects"
had to return home for an involuntary shower
I will never feel clean again

:thumbsdown:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

discovered that some meal replacement shakes I had been having for breakfast had some "side effects"

Think of it as early practice for when you get old and lose control more regularly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i once had to dispose of a pair of soiled underoos upon the conclusion of lunch at a mexican place after a night of particularly heavy drinking. wasn't as bad as your situation. gambled with a fart and lost. just went commando the rest of the day.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Not traveling this week, weather is beautiful. Perfect chance for some solid riding. So, naturally, my body decides to try to kill me with a #mancold...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
high. my girl bought me a preloaded vape pen thingy but it was almost empty when i opened it.
Its a damn shame cuz its a zone out & clip broadheads in photoshop for a few hours kinda day.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah - this is a completely retarded "solution" to a nearly non-existent issue. Why doesn't somebody suggest to facilities to put up a "bike lock holder" and just tell everyone to use that to store their locks? And if they don't, snippy-snippy. Then it's their own fault.
that's a great idea, thanks! I will pitch it today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

A Toto Washlet and some Charmin will perk your ass right up again

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So back in May, posters went up in the bike storage area in the underground parking (key card access is required) saying that you are not allowed to leave locks, and they will be cut without notice. I spoke to a "green team" member, and it seems some cyclists weren't happy that other cyclists were leaving their locks on the racks, essentially reserving their spot. So I would leave my lock on the ground, unlocked. not taking up a spot. I got in this morning and it was gone. I spoke to the facilities guy, and he said they cut some locks last night, and they were in the garbage. So i went dumpster diving and found my lock. because it wasn't locked, it wasn't damaged, so there's thtat. the facilities guy is a nice guy. he doesn't ride and takes his cues from the "green team".

But I don't get it. In over 30 years of commuting, I've never even heard of it being a problem to leave locks on a rack. who the fuck is so fucking righteous that they will have another riders shit cut because it bothers them? Am I wrong on this one? I'm not really mad at facilities, but I'm kind of pissed at the other riders who feel its ok to destroy other people's shit. and if you want a prime parking spot, then get in early...
See custom title.

Since I'm pretty much the only person here in shape enough to even ride a bike and the fact that my work place is essentially a giant self storage box with a security fence, bike parking is easy-peasy. I don't understand why anyone would make an issue out of bike parking. How hard could it possibly be?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip>

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, man... hopefully I'm laughing WITH you. 'Cause that's funny... shit, right there. :rofl:

That douche-canoe needs:

this was a disposable weed pen with Durban Poison, so its cool. :cool:
Disposable? Why do you hate the earth? :disgust1:

last time I climbed the Gut was on one of @Full Trucker 's famous Pint to Pint rides, and after I just ate a big sammich and a whiskey and beer chaser.
I think that's the last time I climbed it as well. Except I had a pint of <some Ironworks IPA> and another bottle of Titan in me. That was a mistake...

Oh - and for no real reason at all - I can smell the patchouli from here. Fucking hippies. :disgust1: :D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, man... hopefully I'm laughing WITH you. 'Cause that's funny... shit, right there. :rofl:

That douche-canoe needs:

Disposable? Why do you hate the earth? :disgust1:

I think that's the last time I climbed it as well. Except I had a pint of <some Ironworks IPA> and another bottle of Titan in me. That was a mistake...

Oh - and for no real reason at all - I can smell the patchouli from here. Fucking hippies. :disgust1: :D

that's my cosmic cowboy look.
Thats the most i wore that whole 2 weeks!

yeah i have a beef with those but Erynn is going to the Rockies game & wants to puff, so the earth must suffer. & they were BOGO, for obvious reasons.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Make it definite.

Apex meetup or a Bergen Peak lap?

invite extends to you too @Full Trucker
Probably (definitely) El Rancho Blanco for me this eve.

...gambled with a fart and lost...
My grandpappy used to tell me "boy, when you get my age... you never trust a fart and never waste a boner." Wise man, my grandpappy.

Climbing the gut instead of just up and over via Argos.....nope.
It's tough and techy, but doable. Only acceptable on odd days.

last time I climbed the Gut was on one of @Full Trucker 's famous Pint to Pint rides, and after I just ate a big sammich and a whiskey and beer chaser.
Ummm... you're welcome?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

I just joined costco to save some money on rental cars. Now I have to get the barcode on the back of my neck and walk over some hot coals before getting my new name.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
yeah i have a beef with those but Erynn is going to the Rockies game & wants to puff, so the earth must suffer. & they were BOGO, for obvious reasons.
You fucking hippies gotta set a GOOD example for the rest of us. :disgust1:

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

I just joined costco to save some money on rental cars.
Smart man... just rented from Costco for my MI trip - $150 for 4 days.

Oh, and tacos for breakfast. Because fuck you.
20190612_114324_resize_20190612_114345.jpg

Good morning, sunshines. I ran 30 minutes around the high school track this morning like some kind of jackass. A short workout just to keep the legs firing with a half ironman three days away.

Yesterday I was told to expect to work every weekend for most of the summer.
What ss said...

'Cause it'd fill with abandoned locks over time...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You fucking hippies gotta set a GOOD example for the rest of us. :disgust1:

Smart man... just rented from Costco for my MI trip - $150 for 4 days.

Oh, and tacos for breakfast. Because fuck you.View attachment 134943
beautiful tacos

mine came out to 360, but I have a family of four with two boosters and a "standard" sized car over 6 days. Should be neat. I also should have booked it a week ago and saved $80 fml