Quantcast

Ω°Ω wtf weds gmt Ω•Ω

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that's my cosmic cowboy look.
Thats the most i wore that whole 2 weeks!

yeah i have a beef with those but Erynn is going to the Rockies game & wants to puff, so the earth must suffer. & they were BOGO, for obvious reasons.
Y U no edibles?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
beautiful tacos

mine came out to 360, but I have a family of four with two boosters and a "standard" sized car over 6 days. Should be neat. I also should have booked it a week ago and saved $80 fml
Pro-tip: It's SUPER easy to cancel and re-book cars through Costco... so just keep an eye on it every day. I originally booked 4 days at ~$250-ish, so I booked just in case it went up. Checked probably 5 days later or so and it was the $150 price.

Also - car rental rates change DAILY (and maybe even more often?) and significantly, just like airline tickets. So be vigilant and keep an eye out.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Got to the climbing gym for the first time after breaking my collarbone. Mildly amusing, but the left arm is still on light duty so I was pretty limited in what I could do.

Had to tell a naked guy in the locker room to get his ass away from my gym bag :disgust1:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pro-tip: It's SUPER easy to cancel and re-book cars through Costco... so just keep an eye on it every day. I originally booked 4 days at ~$250-ish, so I booked just in case it went up. Checked probably 5 days later or so and it was the $150 price.

Also - car rental rates change DAILY (and maybe even more often?) and significantly, just like airline tickets. So be vigilant and keep an eye out.
Yup. Costco Travel is totally the way to go for car rentals due to this fee-free/deposit-free nature.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah - this is a completely retarded "solution" to a nearly non-existent issue. Why doesn't somebody suggest to facilities to put up a "bike lock holder" and just tell everyone to use that to store their locks? And if they don't, snippy-snippy. Then it's their own fault.
that's a great idea, thanks! I will pitch it today.
So I sent the facilities guy an email, and 30 minutes later a red moving box was in the basement for this very reason. Nice! thanks for the good idea... I feel stupid I hadn't thought of it earlier!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Lawyer asked me to explain Malpractice to him. I bet him $1000 I could. It is the term for negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, or breach of contract by a Lawyer during the provision of Legal services that causes harm to a client. I gave him the Legal version for good measure. I drove him to the bank for him to get my Cash.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My Lawyer asked me to explain Malpractice to him. I bet him $1000 I could. It is the term for negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, or breach of contract by a Lawyer during the provision of Legal services that causes harm to a client. I gave him the Legal version for good measure. I drove him to the bank for him to get my Cash.
How long have you been malpracticing law?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My Uber driver is unusually terrible. I shall report him once safely outside the car.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Manager meeting went funny:
"Your annual sales goals is X. Btw, what was you production in Nebraska?"
"50% of X."
"You're at 55% of annual goal in 1.5 months. We are going to need you to go back to Nebraska."
""

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Manager meeting went funny:
"Your annual sales goals is X. Btw, what was you production in Nebraska?"
"50% of X."
"You're at 55% of annual goal in 1.5 months. We are going to need you to go back to Nebraska."
""
TIL that X times 50% equals 0.55X. Through magic.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hit annual sales goals in 2 weeks? 50 more relaxed weeks afterwards? Sign me up.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Lake Del Valle
Motherfuckers need to learn to swim. Pretty sure I could float across that puddle under the power of my own farts.

On a similar note, a little boy drown at Crissy Fields beach and a couple had to be "rescued" from a mellow section of river near Lodi. I bet none of these folks could swim.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Motherfuckers need to learn to swim. Pretty sure I could float across that puddle under the power of my own farts.

On a similar note, a little boy drown at Crissy Fields beach and a couple had to be "rescued" from a mellow section of river near Lodi. I bet none of these folks could swim.
spent the night in the campground there a few years ago we swam all over than lake by moonlight at 2am.

not to say that the Saturday guy was on this boat but...we had two party barges go by on Saturday as we were headed back in from the Dam and all you could hear was the chant CHUG, CHUG CHUG CHUG then applause as they went by

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

As a former lifeguard, it's disturbing the percentage of the population that can't swim. I've made a point to introduce both my kids to water/swimming at a young age. My son is 4 and can essentially swim on his own.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I take it you don't get commissions?
No. That was part of the deal, much higher base/guaranteed income - equal to my prior total comp, with a bonus. Bonus is based on total performance, so if I can nuke my primary goal in two weeks, then hitting the other ones will be much less stressful. That being said, hitting total goals can lead to a bonus up to 50% of base, so...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No. That was part of the deal, much higher base/guaranteed income - equal to my prior total comp, with a bonus. Bonus is based on total performance, so if I can nuke my primary goal in two weeks, then hitting the other ones will be much less stressful. That being said, hitting total goals can lead to a bonus up to 50% of base, so...
Gotcha. I was mostly wondering why you weren't full gas to keep going above your target.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
As a former lifeguard, it's disturbing the percentage of the population that can't swim
Swimming is one of those skills that will literally save your life. To go out on water without knowing how to swim is quite foolish.

not to say that the Saturday guy was on this boat but...we had two party barges go by on Saturday as we were headed back in from the Dam and all you could hear was the chant CHUG, CHUG CHUG CHUG then applause as they went by
Wouldn't doubt it. I've been there for 4th of July. Not pretty.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Since it is fire season and Pacific Graft and Extortion has announced that they will cut power in case of certain red flag conditions. I pulled out the back up generator, charged the starter battery then fired it up and ran it for five minutes. I can run the entire house on this big puppy.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Since it is fire season and Pacific Graft and Extortion has announced that they w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ refuse to maintain their power lines before paying out shareholders.
Fixed that for you. And yes I know they are filing.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gotcha. I was mostly wondering why you weren't full gas to keep going above your target.
There's a balance between having a life and money. This new job is more load, but if I can throttle back once I've hit goals and still check off boxes I will. However I won't kill myself for extra money. I've done that and it's not worth it, imnsho.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
given your seizure problems.....i would have asked for senate level health insurance.....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Since it is fire season and Pacific Graft and Extortion has announced that they will cut power in case of certain red flag conditions. I pulled out the back up generator, charged the starter battery then fired it up and ran it for five minutes. I can run the entire house on this big puppy.

so is it going to look like this....

but with extension cords?