Quantcast

ΩΩΩΩΩ Monday 3rd cup of coffee already consumed çççççç

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well fuck.

It’s nearly August and I’ll be danged if I haven’t done a better job of taking advantage of my company’s unlimited PTO policy. I’ve taken a week off for my birthday, and a handful of days here and there. I should put at least one more full week (and some 1-3 day stints) in the calendar ASAP.

If y’all had a week or two to go somewhere rad to ride (likely solo) where would you go?

Of note: I am headed to Squamish for a few days over Labor Day, so I’ve got that going at the moment.
I would join myself and The Pharmacist for 10 days in Perú in November.
6583.jpg

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Well fuck.

It’s nearly August and I’ll be danged if I haven’t done a better job of taking advantage of my company’s unlimited PTO policy. I’ve taken a week off for my birthday, and a handful of days here and there. I should put at least one more full week (and some 1-3 day stints) in the calendar ASAP.

If y’all had a week or two to go somewhere rad to ride (likely solo) where would you go?

Of note: I am headed to Squamish for a few days over Labor Day, so I’ve got that going at the moment.
You could come join me for some humidity and okish trails in the homeland. :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Wtf. How are so many people incapable of understanding how to pay out cash in a proportionate ratio? If we agree to split the cash 80/20 then for every $100 available one person gets $80 and the other gets $20. Sure, it won’t always be an even $100 amount to split, but you can always double check that the bigger chunk should be four times the smaller chunk.

I’m convinced that a certain business contact was a huge pain about setting up an allocation schedule because they essentially don’t understand this concept. My hunch was confirmed by the proposal I just received where they shorted their split by a significant amount.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wtf. How are so many people incapable of understanding how to pay out cash in a proportionate ratio? If we agree to split the cash 80/20 then for every $100 available one person gets $80 and the other gets $20. Sure, it won’t always be an even $100 amount to split, but you can always double check that the bigger chunk should be four times the smaller chunk.

I’m convinced that a certain business contact was a huge pain about setting up an allocation schedule because they essentially don’t understand this concept. My hunch was confirmed by the proposal I just received where they shorted their split by a significant amount.
bunniesweed.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is it asking a lot for an inseam of at least 3" on a pair of shorts? :banghead: It's not like I'm saying cover to the ankles. Far from the moral avenger here, but acknowledge that there are a LOT of church folk here. And those gentlemen/creepers have some very questionable side looks towards the 11y/o who looks like she's 13+... /Arguments with daughters.

Is it asking a lot for an inseam of at least 3" on a pair of shorts? :banghead: It's not like I'm saying cover to the ankles. Far from the moral avenger here, but acknowledge that there are a LOT of church folk here. And those gentlemen/creepers have some very questionable side looks towards the 11y/o who looks like she's 13+... /Arguments with daughters.
The problem of how male humans treat women; it doesn't stop.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I mean... these types of shorts probably do exist... but would she wear them? ++vibes for all you dads of tween/teen girls. That's a tough row to hoe.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
now imagine the looks if those shorts were on a little boy

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Well fuck.

Le Québec City my dude.

ps, unless you'd rather not get hurt.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I mean... these types of shorts probably do exist... but would she wear them? ++vibes for all you dads of tween/teen girls. That's a tough row to hoe.
Oh, they exist. I'm taking a mild win with the high waist, since they can't get pulled up any higher, which forces the length to be at least have a floor. But wifey gets to really enjoy this process.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Too adventurous?

Not sure if you mean distance, elevation, technicality, or all of the above. Plenty of each in that map.
Everything south of the river was teh suck. Overgrown single-track that was full of loose rocks and sand with lots of punchy climbs. Zero fun, especially when I was running on empty after riding a bunch of laps on Giribaldi.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Everything south of the river was teh suck. Overgrown single-track that was full of loose rocks and sand with lots of punchy climbs. Zero fun, especially when I was running on empty after riding a bunch of laps on Giribaldi.
Heh. Somewhere over there is bit of a mission. Fun, but a pretty big investment for the ride.

I have ridden it twice. Not sure when I’ll be back…

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The Dolomites.
¿Por qué? Oh, THIS is why! Solid suggestion, though I probably can't quite swing another int'l trip this year what with all the stupid home improvement projects we have going on. Buy a house, they said...

You could always visit the east coast
Back to Pisgah is not out of the question... not by a long shot.

En route to the Pacific NW, Kettle Crest has been on my list for a decade now...

One of these days:

Lots in the PNWet that I haven't ridden. On the list, not sure about this year due to my timing now being mid-October of maybe later.

I'd fly into YVR with my bike and ride the shore and Squamish, with @Da Peach .

if not that, I hear Julesburg is nice.
Already slated to fly into YVR to ride Squampton with The Canadan and our respective SOs for our 2-year anniversary / Labor Day weekend. Noted about Julesburg.

Whatever you do, stay away from the stuff south of Mt. Garibaldi. Holy shit did that turn an awesome ride into an exercise in survival.

View attachment 197991
We'll be riding with locals, which means that we'll either be spared said suffering or explicitly and purposefully subjected to it.

I would join myself and The Pharmacist for 10 days in Perú in November.View attachment 197996
Things have changed somewhat since my first post, in that I am likely now gonna do whatever I do with a couple additional fellas. I'll probably reach out though, because this doesn't sound like it would suck and does fit my "schedule". Not sure I can swing the expense of another int'l trip this year though...

You could come join me for some humidity and okish trails in the homeland. :rofl:
Negative, Ghostrider.

Le Québec City my dude.

ps, unless you'd rather not get hurt.
Will have to have a look at this, I know nothing about it. Would it be good in mid-October? The buddy I'm headed to Squamish with is a Newfie, might ask him if he's ever ridden there.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Will have to have a look at this, I know nothing about it. Would it be good in mid-October? The buddy I'm headed to Squamish with is a Newfie, might ask him if he's ever ridden there.
Mid October can be either warm with spectacular fall color or cold and rainy. Every year is different.

You can start by watching this: Local Flavours: Complete Guide to Riding in Québec City, Québec - Pinkbike

Financially, with the exchange rate to Canadian pesos, it would be pretty cheap.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
We had sheets of rain for about 10 minutes... thought the street was going to overflow. Light rain pretty steadily since the initial onslaught. I don't think the spicy stuff is done with us yet, either.
I'm in Breck. It DUMPED rain for over 2 hours here, like, in sheets. Trails will be primo tomorrow.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

Roight.

Should you find yourself back ‘round here, I can show you some non-deathmarch fun.

Just gotta let my thumb re-stabilize.

image.jpg

My physio showed me this…. Not sure it’s the ticket…

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We had sheets of rain for about 10 minutes... thought the street was going to overflow. Light rain pretty steadily since the initial onslaught. I don't think the spicy stuff is done with us yet, either.
Well, 3hrs later and it's still dumping and the lightning show is gonzo.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
All by myself without nobody
The sun is beating down on my baseball hat
The air is gettin' hot the beer is getting flat...

River was "packed" this evening with ONE (!) other car with putting in simultaneously but well after the last pay shuttle...

These two lovey dovey sandhill cranes had zero fucks to give, I was probably <8' out and they were just chortelling away.

IMG_20230731_190311016.jpg

I was not paying attention and floated up on this 2 year old but didn't see the wee one til i was 15' out, herp a derp

IMG_20230731_192854374_HDR.jpg

10/10 would float again

Last edited: