Quantcast

Ω∆Ω Sunday gmt Ω∆Ω

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Also pondering where to bicycle again today in the too warm for this time of year weather.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
5-10 pm shift was very busy. Wife returns from NYC this afternoon. Dune with elder two kids in theater at 6:10. They are psyched.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Chili cookout for bday was fun. Buddy was nice enough to point out that I haven't done a real mtb ride with him since before Hannah was born. Our last few plans were blown up by immediate timing around my shoulder (late-2019) and ribs (early-2021).

Working on cabinet bases more today. Cuts almost done, heights are perfect, which was the biggest concern. Just some slight narrowing where they fit too tight. Need to break down my wood storage rack to use some wood, then the rest is largely getting tossed. Keeping enough to make a drill rack for @Nick though; those things are awesome. Total waste for the rest though, but I need to get the car into the garage and have nowhere else to put all the wood.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My riding buddy couldn't sleep either, leaving me to ride solo this morning. Climbed higher without a break than I have ever before on our local network here. Descent was sketchier being more tireder and with some different shock settings.

Luckily the cafeteria at 1/3 of the way back down is still dishing out desayuno. I was, however, ambushed by some fine specimens of Salvadoran cougar during my meal.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HI lmao. Slept a fuckload last night, then ran 12 miles this morning. My legs were heavy from yesterday's MTB ride, but it was still a decent run. I have to run again later (known as a "double" in runnerspeak...two runs in one day).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
almost 18,000 steps leaf blowing yesterday! Gotta do the back yard still so that's up next.
Slept a bit last night...more than the 4 hours I have been getting. My mind is cluttered and I haven't been sleeping well, so hopefully this is the turn and I will start getting some rest. Went to church and taught Children's liturgy and that was a nice change of pace. One lesson down this morning and one left to go this afternoon and then some hot tub time.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
almost 18,000 steps leaf blowing yesterday! Gotta do the back yard still so that's up next.
Slept a bit last night...more than the 4 hours I have been getting. My mind is cluttered and I haven't been sleeping well, so hopefully this is the turn and I will start getting some rest. Went to church and taught Children's liturgy and that was a nice change of pace. One lesson down this morning and one left to go this afternoon and then some hot tub time.
Just be careful. Leaf blowers aerosolizes spores and bacteria, which can cause health issues (besides the published ones of noise and exhaust fumes). So at least always work with the wind.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Shoulders, triceps and forearms ripped from overworkout at weekend. One day I will learn. Off to work, if I can steer my car…

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Good to hear other people are shit sleepers too, I am one of the lucky ones that doesn't get sleepy from exercise. I've learnt to not exercise when I can't sleep as it just ends in cramps at night and really long recovery times.

Just be careful. Leaf blowers aerosolizes spores and bacteria, which can cause health issues (besides the published ones of noise and exhaust fumes). So at least always work with the wind.
A myth of the desirability of asepsis arose in the twentieth century. The result was a bunch of immunocompromised people. I hold that we're better off doing more wallowing in the dirt outside.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just going through my emails at work; I am reminded that NZ is desperate for scientists atm. My org alone is trying to find 20 FTEs at the moment in various flavours of geo and climate science, as well as a couple chemists and we’re looking overseas for a lot of them.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
A myth of the desirability of asepsis arose in the twentieth century. The result was a bunch of immunocompromised people. I hold that we're better off doing more wallowing in the dirt outside.
I am totally with you on that. Our microbiome is important to protect us. But spores and bacteria in your lung has never been healthy nor will it be. ;)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Just going through my emails at work; I am reminded that NZ is desperate for scientists atm. My org alone is trying to find 20 FTEs at the moment in various flavours of geo and climate science, as well as a couple chemists and we’re looking overseas for a lot of them.
Any environmental microbiologists needed? :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Attempted winter tire/wheel change on the tacoma. Got the fronts done but had to shamelessly give up all hope on the rears. Those aluminum rims are pretty much welded to the drum brakes.

Will let that be someone else's problem. Kind of balls that Toyota didn't put anti seize on there last spring.

Also not shocking given previously model years, is the amount of rust on the under side after 1.5 years. Lots of rust on welds..

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Attempted winter tire/wheel change on the tacoma. Got the fronts done but had to shamelessly give up all hope on the rears. Those aluminum rims are pretty much welded to the drum brakes.

Will let that be someone else's problem. Kind of balls that Toyota didn't put anti seize on there last spring.

Also not shocking given previously model years, is the amount of rust on the under side after 1.5 years. Lots of rust on welds..
I've been fluid filming my truck the last few years and it's done a decent job keeping the rust at bay. It goes inside the frame, inside rocker panels and fenders, inside the doors and tailgate, as well as all over the underside. Pretty much just spray it anywhere I can. It doesn't look pretty, but I'd rather it not rust to pieces.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Usually I cannot smell my neighbors fireplace. I don't know what kind of wood they are burning, but it sure smells good. 62deg in the Roc tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've been fluid filming my truck the last few years and it's done a decent job keeping the rust at bay. It goes inside the frame, inside rocker panels and fenders, inside the doors and tailgate, as well as all over the underside. Pretty much just spray it anywhere I can. It doesn't look pretty, but I'd rather it not rust to pieces.
Yeah that stuff works. Did my Subaru a few times and it was nice to see it dripping out on warm days. Gotta protect those rear wheel well corners yo.

But alas, this is her truck and it's leased so it'll also be someone else's problem later on. I would think they'd at least come with some sort of protection from the factory, after all the frame rust issues they had in the past. This one for example has rust on the frame where the cross members were welded in place; it has some sort of black coating but it's obviously not doing much..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Plus your truck gets to smell like sheep. That stuff is used as a cologne in Scotland.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Shitshow at Thunder today. Trails were muddy mess, main lift went kaput shortly aftern noon resulting in a huge line to the slow, low capacity other lift, and of course the damn zipline tours always cut the line. Lovely day in Mass though!