Quantcast

[Ω] mungday gmt [Ω]

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hey ho! Election day!

Time to choose a new lying sack of sh*t in Canaderp!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Boston public transportation in full meltdown mode as a major subway line is out of service this morning. Roads are blocked by annoying Uber drivers who are above the traffic rules. Just another day in Boston.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Two big days on the bike this weekend.
After 4 weeks of no exercise recovering from surgery the predicted suffering was delivered in spades.

Been sucked into 3 hectic site visits since 7am today.
Pretty sure my eyes are flashing FTS; all I want is more food and a nap.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Managed to get two rides in this weekend, one at the local trails and one up in the mountains at Santa's Village. Neat little spot where they built sort of a mini bike park. There's no lift, but it's roughly 350' of a mellow climb. Managed to get 8 laps in with some buddies. Up at 4:30 this morning for gym time. Feelin' fresh.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^ ouch. Hoping you have a good insurance agent to deal with, @6thElement .

So it looks like I'll be in Denver for a couple days of work in the week of 11/11. Would any CO monkeys be up for a beer on 11/13? Gotta arrange my travels later today.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
This sums up my Monday.
View attachment 137967
That is a tree on our land on a neighbours bmw and neighborhood plow truck...
This happened to me back in spring. About a 40' Bradford Pear tree that was mine (on my property) fell down on my neighbors driveway after a strong windstorm whipped through. Landed on the hood of his 8 month old Chevy Silveraydo dentist truck. He tried to come at my insurance company (State Farm) and get money for it off my homeowners...Well State Farm said F-you we ain't paying. It was an 'act of nature' and thats why you have comprehensive auto. Its on your policy since the homeowner (me) did nothing to make tree fall....I said sweet. cleaned up the tree and went about my business. He is still pissed because his deductible was something like 2k.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This sums up my Monday.
View attachment 137967
That is a tree on our land on a neighbours bmw and neighborhood plow truck...
^ ouch. Hoping you have a good insurance agent to deal with, @6thElement .
Double check to be sure, but it's my understanding that in the state of CO, once the tree crosses the property line it's someone else's problem.

Edit: As per the above post.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
"You know what would be *really* great - if we put in place a constitutional amendment that REQUIRES *ANY* tax increase to be voted on the by the general population."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Do you know how dumb the general population is? The general population will HAMSTRING the functioning of the state/local government."

Colorado: Oh, we're totally going to do this.

:disgust1:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
"You know what would be *really* great - if we put in place a constitutional amendment that REQUIRES *ANY* tax increase to be voted on the by the general population."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Do you know how dumb the general population is? The general population will HAMSTRING the functioning of the state/local government."

Colorado: Oh, we're totally going to do this.

:disgust1:
Everything you need to know about measure CC can be summed up by those opposing it.
1. Doug Bruce (The fascist a-hole literally responsible for TABOR)
2. The Colorado Springs Gazette
3. Americans for Prosperity

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
isn't there already one town in CO that tried this and now they can't afford to keep street lights on?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
isn't there already one town in CO that tried this and now they can't afford to keep street lights on?
:wave:

Edit: See here
A thread you started BTW. :rofl:
FWIW, it's gotten better because we actually approved some taxes after a couple years of sitting around in the dark. The lights are back on, the trash is getting picked up occasionally, and we've approved enough tax money to at least start filling the potholes.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
"Tried it"?

We fucking DID it in 1992.

And guess what? The general population finds it EXTREMELY easy to say, around November, "Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp-a-derp. Moar taxes BAD. IMA VOTE NO!"

And then complain about local services/infrastructure/the usual shit. :mad:

Bonus points for our county - we have an inordinate number of older/retired people in our county... so they fucking vote down bond issues as well, 'cause, "Huuuuuuuuuuuuuurp-a-derp. Why would I fucking vote for that shit? I don't even HAVE any kids in school." :rant:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
This happened to me back in spring. About a 40' Bradford Pear tree that was mine (on my property) fell down on my neighbors driveway after a strong windstorm whipped through. Landed on the hood of his 8 month old Chevy Silveraydo dentist truck. He tried to come at my insurance company (State Farm) and get money for it off my homeowners...Well State Farm said F-you we ain't paying. It was an 'act of nature' and thats why you have comprehensive auto. Its on your policy since the homeowner (me) did nothing to make tree fall....I said sweet. cleaned up the tree and went about my business. He is still pissed because his deductible was something like 2k.
those bradford pear trees suck. developers loved them in the 80s and 90s because they have nice flowers in the spring and colors in the fall, but they have a limited lifespan and then start dropping limbs right and left during storms. The main streets of our neighborhood are lined with them. So pleased there aren't any in front of our house.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"Tried it"?

We fucking DID it in 1992.

And guess what? The general population finds it EXTREMELY easy to say, around November, "Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp-a-derp. Moar taxes BAD. IMA VOTE NO!"

And then complain about local services/infrastructure/the usual shit. :mad:

Bonus points for our county - we have an inordinate number of older/retired people in our county... so they fucking vote down bond issues as well, 'cause, "Huuuuuuuuuuuuuurp-a-derp. Why would I fucking vote for that shit? I don't even HAVE any kids in school." :rant:
texas

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was buying one of my 99 cent gas station coffees yesterday ($1.06 with tax) and the guy in line in front of me was a penny short on his purchase. I am surprised the cashier didn't let it slide, but she wanted the penny. I'd have covered for the guy, but he was buying cigarettes, so fuck him. He had to go back out to his car to get a penny. lmao

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
working from home waiting on the chimney sweep while cannabis & coffee levels get replenished.
Pretty sure we will be on the upper end of his estimate cuz hes gonna have to rope up. our roof line is steep cuz A-frame & the chimeny is prolly 10' above the roof line.
need moar weed.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
those bradford pear trees suck. developers loved them in the 80s and 90s because they have nice flowers in the spring and colors in the fall, but they have a limited lifespan and then start dropping limbs right and left during storms. The main streets of our neighborhood are lined with them. So pleased there aren't any in front of our house.
Yep, they suck. I'm glad the wind saved me from calling the tree guy I had been contemplating for about a year. Although I hate it for my neighbors truck even though he is a dumbass. He was positive (wishing)the insurance was gonna total it for a dented A-pillar and hood..So he could get a new one in a color he liked more.:sarcastic:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Very bad weekend.....
It is with a heavy heart that the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office lets everyone know of the loss of one of our own last night.

Deputies Jake Allmendinger and Ryan Jern were responding in the same vehicle to a welfare check of a stranded motorist report on Fairy Lake Road in the Bridger mountain range at approximately 6 p.m. There was a storm coming through the area which created icy roads. As they were driving up to try and locate the motorist, their patrol vehicle began to slide backwards.

Sometime during the slide Jake exited the driver’s side of the vehicle and became trapped under the Chevy Tahoe. Ryan attempted immediate assistance but was unable to save Jake.

Members of the Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue, Montana Highway Patrol, American Medical Response and Bridger Canyon Fire helped with bringing Jake from the scene to Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital.

Jake, 31, is survived by his parents Ron and Michelle Allmendinger, wife Monica, and children Bentley, Lexi and Kai. Jake was a dispatcher with Gallatin County 911 for over seven years, a Search and Rescue volunteer for eight years and has been a deputy sheriff since September 20, 2017.

Sheriff Gootkin will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. Sunday in the Gallatin County Detention Center community room.

This is a law enforcement line of duty death respectfully and is treated as such by this office.
Not much else to say but we will miss you Jake...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
BMW hauled away on a flatbed recovery truck. Not sure how effed it is, I'm sure the top of the strut towers weren't happy with the impact.
Truck tailgate took the initial impact, tree then bounced onto the bonnet of the beemer.

As long as nothing underneath the truck objected too badly to having a tree land on it, all that it appears to need is a new drivers side latch for the tailgate, ~$40. I'll go try and persuade it to work later with a lump hammer and pry lever. Not about to worry about the huge tailgate dent on a 21 year old plow truck.