Quantcast

[Ω] mungday gmt [Ω]

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Not working today, tomorrow, or Friday, because why not? Deer Creek this morning. Shit was cold, yo.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
So you came down to my 'hood and didn't even invite me? WTF? Wait - are you both on mopeds? If "yes" then I'm good. :D
I figured you were busy as you always seem to be.

:D

Buddy from work was on a solely-human-powered Ibis.

You or any other locals free to ride Friday mid morning, btw?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
BMW hauled away on a flatbed recovery truck. Not sure how effed it is, I'm sure the top of the strut towers weren't happy with the impact.
Truck tailgate took the initial impact, tree then bounced onto the bonnet of the beemer.

As long as nothing underneath the truck objected too badly to having a tree land on it, all that it appears to need is a new drivers side latch for the tailgate, ~$40. I'll go try and persuade it to work later with a lump hammer and pry lever. Not about to worry about the huge tailgate dent on a 21 year old plow truck.
What's your liability situation looking like for the BMW? To their auto insurance because act of nature?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Double check to be sure, but it's my understanding that in the state of CO, once the tree crosses the property line it's someone else's problem.

Edit: As per the above post.
It is my understanding that a healthy tree is the responsibility of where it falls. If the tree is dead or diseased the other way. My neighbor has several giant evergreens that are too tall and too skinny. If they ever go over my house is kindling assuming my blood doesn't affect flammability.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just found out a good friend of mine had heart attack while riding over the weekend. Sounds like it was bad but he will recover.

This is the 4th avid cyclist I have known to have had heart problems while otherwise being perfectly healthy and fit. To speak of it my riding friends seem to have a higher rate of bad diseases than non riders. I will chalk it up to knowing more riders than non riders.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
@Westy if you can finagle it from him after he recovers I’d be interested to see his lipid panel results.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy if you can finagle it from him after he recovers I’d be interested to see his lipid panel results.
Will do. Other than being on anti-depressants I think he had a very healthy lifestyle. His wife is the kind of person that worries and demands annual diagnostic reports on every aspect of the whole families life, hence the anti-depressants.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just found out a good friend of mine had heart attack while riding over the weekend. Sounds like it was bad but he will recover.

This is the 4th avid cyclist I have known to have had heart problems while otherwise being perfectly healthy and fit. To speak of it my riding friends seem to have a higher rate of bad diseases than non riders. I will chalk it up to knowing more riders than non riders.
Since beating Gout and being able to eat way more variety of foods I have been enjoying bacon every morning and ice cream before bed. And of course fired foods cannot be ignored. My retirement plan is to get so fit that I can wander off into the woods too far to return, then have a massive heart attack and drop dead right there in the middle of the trail.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

I have applied for almost every job within a 50 mile radius and have gotten little feedback. I have ex co-workers also having little luck in the jorb market. This is bothersome and I would like it to stop. I am at the point of taking just about anything for $30/hr or more. It sucks to say it as that really doesn't pay the bills, but it is more than funemplyment pays and would also give me something to do. Dear lord I am losing my mind.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Afternoon Monkeys.

I have applied for almost every job within a 50 mile radius and have gotten little feedback. I have ex co-workers also having little luck in the jorb market. This is bothersome and I would like it to stop. I am at the point of taking just about anything for $30/hr or more. It sucks to say it as that really doesn't pay the bills, but it is more than funemplyment pays and would also give me something to do. Dear lord I am losing my mind.
Wait... when did you get funemployed??

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
So it looks like I'll be in Denver for a couple days of work in the week of 11/11. Would any CO monkeys be up for a beer on 11/13? Gotta arrange my travels later today.
Did I forget to reply to this? Quite potentially. I'd be down for a drink on 11/13, after putting-kids-to-bed-hours so like 8:30 or later.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
^ ouch. Hoping you have a good insurance agent to deal with, @6thElement .

So it looks like I'll be in Denver for a couple days of work in the week of 11/11. Would any CO monkeys be up for a beer on 11/13? Gotta arrange my travels later today.
I hear Golden is nice.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wait... when did you get funemployed??
Almost 3 months ago. The market here has gotten a little weird as a lot of shops are either not looking or looking for a unicorn on a budget. And ain't nobody seems to be looking for me at the moment.

I am not the only one looking and is sucks. Hence the consideration of a new track all together as this one seems to be getting tougher to stay on.

I have a solid interview on Thursday to look forward to.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did I forget to reply to this? Quite potentially. I'd be down for a drink on 11/13, after putting-kids-to-bed-hours so like 8:30 or later.
I hear Golden is nice.
Can confirm.

And I've never been to New Terrain. And I believe that is pretty close to @Full Trucker.
I'll be in Broomfield and will be able to do beers on Wednesday evening prior to my departure for BOS, my flight departs at 10:35PM.