Quantcast

π¢£€¥Sunday*GMT®©¶

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's 20mph+ winds outside, still got 6" of snow on our roof from the last storm and one of the chimney caps is coming loose and banging around.

Sure makes it easy conditions for me to mend it when snowmaggedon is due to start tomorrow after lunch...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work all day doing various upgrades. Took time to tidy up one of the switch cabinets and put in a new switch between tasks.

The before....
Ignore the patch panel hanging down, we were terminating loose cables coming out of the wall (wtf?).

Note the switch on top......backwards in the cabinet...wtf?

And the rats nest....kill list.

I like doing this stuff, it just kind of sucks that literally no one will even know that it cleaned up.

Also figuring out cabling in a building that is 50 years old SUCKS.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I watched the original Disney Peter Pan while on the bike trainer today. I am loving these old Disney movies and their dated racism. I now know what makes the Red Man red!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Brought both kids to Frozen, grilled a bun sized burger w/habanero cheddar before we left.

Beers now,

Actually a far better day than what I started with.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Neighbor kid witj the really rich parents ($350k of new cars in last year - Raptor, RC-F, Range Rover, A7) down the street pulled a monster fuckup today. Decided to get into dad's A7, start it up, and pull it out of the garage. Apparently he's not 16 yet and somehow missed the gas pedal for the brake an launched it full throttle across the street into the neighbor's driveway car, pushing it into the house. Collapsed the corner of the 3rd car garage, so last I saw the FD was putting structural braces in to keep the corner of the building up.

Audi is toast, rear-end is wadded up. Neighbor's car is toast. House?? Their neighbor said the kid that did it is like 14. Should be interesting to see...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well the hell that is an EMT Recert is done for the next two years. I got an 87% on the 144 question written exam (80% is passing). On the Palliative testing (13 stations) I passed 12 of the 13 on the first try . Had a procedural error on the one I missed. You have to follow the NREMT script in perfect order and I flipped the order of checking two items. Aced it on the retest after face palming myself, 24 hours of CEs in 3 days.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Frozen 2 was ok. Other peoples’ kids are annoying. And other people are also annoying themselves.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So far of my 12 meetings today 6 have canceled. Going to be a slow one.