Quantcast

πππππππ Friday early bird GTM ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The housing bubble is so tight that RV's have moved in hot and heavy. My buddy sold his Country Coach on RV trader and people were calling in from all over the country.
I had mine on RV trader for a day before I got tired of all the dealers asking wholesale for it then took it off. Got at least 12 peeps in line for it as I am getting it ready to sell. If I had known it would have been so popular I would have been a bit more prepared but it was just a simple post to gauge interest in it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Giddy like a teenager.

View attachment 185022

Just cooked a lovely dinner too.

View attachment 185023

Steak is made of Daisy. Here is Daisy in the middle:

View attachment 185024

Thank you Daisy.

Chips are Ohakune Red potatoes, washed, sliced, rinsed and soaked for 15 mins, then boiled in salty water, dried, deep fried in canola and duck fat at 160°C and the at 190°C, with a little salt. Mustard is Al Brown’s Habanero mustard. Basil on the caprése is home grown. Tossed a little evo and balsamic on the salad to finish.

Now having a beer and watching mtb laps on the internets. Happy Friday y’all.
With all your climate activism, I would have expected you to be vegetarian.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
All of us in the house still sick, kiddo's 3rd birthday party scheduled for Sunday, we're giving it until noon before making the call to cancel it or not.

Poor kid has had a rough couple birthdays, 1st was cancelled due to covid exposure, 2nd was outdoors and due to weather like 1/4 of the people showed up, 3rd looking like a no-go. Pro-tip to people planning families, time it right so your kid isn't born between Nov 1 and Feb 28.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
All of us in the house still sick, kiddo's 3rd birthday party scheduled for Sunday, we're giving it until noon before making the call to cancel it or not.

Poor kid has had a rough couple birthdays, 1st was cancelled due to covid exposure, 2nd was outdoors and due to weather like 1/4 of the people showed up, 3rd looking like a no-go. Pro-tip to people planning families, time it right so your kid isn't born between Nov 1 and Feb 28.
What is this "timing" thing you speak of?

My birthday, my oldest's birthday, and my incoming baby's birthdays are all in the above time period.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
guess it's my turn with the flu. was feeling run down yesterday. went to take a power nap at lunch, slept for 90 minutes. took another hour long nap 2 hours later. woke up this morning, got the kids ready and out the door for school, got a negative COVID test result (just to be sure), hit some mucinex and Advil, then back to bed. just woke up, ate some crackers, grabbed a gatorade and another advil, now gonna nap until it's time to get the kids from the bus.

did manage to check the latest on the impending twitter demise.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had to have the Fire Dept come last night as the CO2 alarm kept going off. What a ordeal. Had to secure the cat and wake up the neighbors. My furnace was thought to be the source. It was fine. The detector indicated it was in my closet. Upon them checking my neighbors place the detector went crazy. Their CO2 was coming in my place for some reason. I live downstairs. After they aired out my place with a big fan. It stopped going off. The Fire Marshall and the city guy came back this morning after they let us back in, and now my neighbor has to answer for the changes to his heating system. RG&E has a put a advanced detector in my place for now. What a pain in the ass.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Had to have the Fire Dept come last night as the CO2 alarm kept going off. What a ordeal. Had to secure the cat and wake up the neighbors. My furnace was thought to be the source. It was fine. The detector indicated it was in my closet. Upon them checking my neighbors place the detector went crazy. Their CO2 was coming in my place for some reason. I live downstairs. After they aired out my place with a big fan. It stopped going off. The Fire Marshall and the city guy came back this morning after they let us back in, and now my neighbor has to answer for the changes to his heating system. RG&E has a put a advanced detector in my place for now. What a pain in the ass.
At least you're not dead, just maybe snowed in.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Today I have to:
- bring boy #2's jacket to seamstress to have the zipper changed
- swing by the office to pick up a gift certificate for an award i won (it's for an outdoor gear shop where I have lots of stuff I need to get for the kids)
- prep the boys skis (mostly remove storage wax and re-wax) for their first on-snow practice tomorrow morning
- put the snow tires on the car so that I can get them to their ski practice tomorrow morning.

ooof. glad work isn't busy...
managed to get 1 and 2 done, and even found a pair of rock skis for boy #1 at a used sporting goods store.

When I got home I tried changing my password on my work computer and it didn't work. called the service desk and they told me to go into the office so that someone could verify my identity. Good thing I live 10 minutes from the office. Got in, punched in the new password and it worked. success? that was trip #2 to the office. will be going back after work to benefit from the heated garage and "soft" concrete to put my winters on.

Not a lot, but enough to get the drift going.

View attachment 185051
I'm kind of refusing to admit it's time to put the skinny bike away. :( I was just getting back into it after a spell of poor weather and back pain in September.
I don't really like early season fatbiking. I find it too jarring, both on my back and on my elbow (because of a floating bone fragment in the joint).

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I'm kind of refusing to admit it's time to put the skinny bike away. :( I was just getting back into it after a spell of poor weather and back pain in September.
I don't really like early season fatbiking. I find it too jarring, both on my back and on my elbow (because of a floating bone fragment in the joint).
It's thin for sure, but the fork helps a lot. I've got dual elbow tendinitis and it wasn't too painful.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Plowed this morning, lots of shoveling this afternoon.

Hoping to get some chubby biking in this weekend.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Are secondary roads actually less congested?
Not to answer for him. But Toronto folks seem to lose their shit on the secondary roads. You can make sense of why the expressways are backed up. Toronto folks seem to not be able to control themselves in shopping plazas, Walmarts, and grocery store parking lots either.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wut frame?
Warranty replacement for Spitfire.

Not to answer for him. But Toronto folks seem to lose their shit on the secondary roads. You can make sense of why the expressways are backed up. Toronto folks seem to not be able to control themselves in shopping plazas, Walmarts, and grocery store parking lots either.
What this guy said. The main secondary roads are clogged just as much as the freeway. And then you have tools dippin and dodgin through neighborhood level streets trying to get "around" the traffic. None of it works, you end up sitting in the same mess no matter what and there are always asshats trying to dodge the system.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Warranty replacement for Spitfire.

What this guy said. The main secondary roads are clogged just as much as the freeway. And then you have tools dippin and dodgin through neighborhood level streets trying to get "around" the traffic. None of it works, you end up sitting in the same mess no matter what and there are always asshats trying to dodge the system.
Purty lookin frame. What happened to your Spitty ?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Co2 is heavier than air so if your below the source it will migrate into your space.

Good on you for dealing with it but what a pain in the arse.

All day today, I inspected ammonia detection systems. Long day makes for tired boostindoubles.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fucked off from work today to go ride. 10/10 would bang again. Fucking cold though, half my body was hot and sweaty the other half painfully cold. I actually prefer sub freezing temps to 35 with 100% hummidity.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I think I’m gonna try out a Dissector on the rear over summer. I ideally wanted a 2.6 but in 27.5 they only come as Exo, so I’m gonna try the 2.4 with WT (my rims are 35mm internal) in DoubleDown + MaxxGrip.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Co2 is heavier than air so if your below the source it will migrate into your space.

Good on you for dealing with it but what a pain in the arse.

All day today, I inspected ammonia detection systems. Long day makes for tired boostindoubles.
The RG&E guy came buy when I wasn't home. He waited for me to come home. The city guy and him walked me through the deal. They gave me a new CO2 detector. My neighbor has to replace and adequately exhaust his hot water heater and furnace. The city put a big nasty sticker on his door. He took it off when I came home.