Quantcast

σδζ Tuesday GMT ζδσ

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its a windy one out there today.

Also, looking out my office window, it appears that half of the cars in the parking lot are parked at an angle. Is it a case of follow the leader or..... :homer:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
interesting....right foot/ankle/calf swollen......gout?

happened overnight....plus side is my heel no longer hurts...

fuck being old....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I was quite sick yesterday afternoon and evening. Two blankets, shivering on couch, doing little except focusing on not moving or doing anything. Fever broke around 7 PM and by this morning I feel over half normal. Good enough to spend half a day in my office and half a day in the reading room and not waste 8 hours of sick time, at least.

In related news, I haven't eaten solid food in 21 hours and feel very little desire to do so.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Rain all week, then nice this weekend, I'll take it. I have Friday off, then only working a 3 day week next week. I agree with Johnny, no fucks will be given.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have given my kids genes to breed bugs beyond the coping level of my immune system.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmm.....fire at adjacent storage building to ours.....wonder if bike frames survived....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Do people till ride the Blackjack trail a lot? When I rode it there was nobody on it. It had some fun features, but seemed a bit 'forced', if that makes sense...that dirt sure is superhero when moist.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Do people till ride the Blackjack trail a lot? When I rode it there was nobody on it. It had some fun features, but seemed a bit 'forced', if that makes sense...that dirt sure is superhero when moist.
A lot? I'd say no... and you described it nearly perfectly. Some fun stuff with some features. My main objection to a number of the features is that they have pretty bad transitions at the bottoms - steep rollers to flat with kitty-litter-loosed granite at the bottom is generally not my idea of a fun time. I walked a lot of the nasty stuff. There are some fun ones in there, though...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yeah, I hear ya. There were a few good, hard to clean sections, and others I would only do with armor (if I were to try them) but that's not the place to haul that stuff into.
Interesting project in the middle of all that XC, though.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
A lot? I'd say no... and you described it nearly perfectly. Some fun stuff with some features. My main objection to a number of the features is that they have pretty bad transitions at the bottoms - steep rollers to flat with kitty-litter-loosed granite at the bottom is generally not my idea of a fun time. I walked a lot of the nasty stuff. There are some fun ones in there, though...
Concur. Some fun stuff, but mostly it's stuff I'm no longer willing to commit to with what's left of my body, and no real options for getting around it. Even walking some of them are sketchy if it's wet or snowy. I certainly appreciate the effort that's put into it, but it seems kind of out of place for the area given the more XC focus for the rest of the trail system.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yeah, I hear ya. There were a few good, hard to clean sections, and others I would only do with armor (if I were to try them) but that's not the place to haul that stuff into.
Interesting project in the middle of all that XC, though.
I actually got to do some work on that trail during the build-phase. The planners really wanted to have a techno-trail in among all that XC stuff and they definitely made it happen. That last feature always bottoms me out...