Quantcast

ϾϿϾϿTues-DERPPPPPϾϿϾϿ

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got to love being woken when one of your on-call managers can't be reached for an issue they need to deal with.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Set out for home at 4am. Halfway to NC already and soon to desecrate a Bob Evans bathroom. Gonna drive thru a shitstorm in the WV mountains where we saw a fatal accident on the way up so this should be interesting...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Bck to the old 5am routine.Coffee Please. Did a nice 40 minute run last night. Yesterday I had to pick up a disabled guy at one of the large shopping centers. What a traffic shit show with the mindless bargin hunting hordes doing the day after go into more debt spree. It took 30 minutes to get in and out of the lot and that was a total distance of 300 yards.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Another day another dollar, eh mack! Rolling out of bed at 5:15 this morning was difficult, but I got the pool for my 2500 yard swim. The parking garage at work is pretty empty. Hopefully this will be a quiet work week.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Harsh transition back to reality and work. At least we'll be slow until Tuesday, when all hell will break loose, because people want to assess their annual investment positioning. Ugh. At least I'm not having to work on the basement today.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
My old drinking buddy is coming into town today. We're gunna drive over to tombstone az tomorrow. He drives a 49 ford and I'm gunna drive my 56 Chevy. Gunna drink some beers shoot some guns probably bong shed. He doesn't mountain bike but the trails are too muddy right now around here anyways. Coffee.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Drug my ass in here by 7:05, parking lot already near full, got to wedge the truck into a spot on the backside, should be fun when it's time to leave. I might move it if a spot opens up. Had lunch with the little monkey last night at her fav thai joint. Was a very lonely house this year for the holidays, I need to go for a bike ride or something to get my head in a good place. I should just hide in the shed today.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I think I skied too much. yes, possible. My hip flexors are so sore. Winter is winning and I love it. My new BC skis are killing it. That is all.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
. Had lunch with the little monkey last night at her fav thai joint. Was a very lonely house this year for the holidays, I need to go for a bike ride or something to get my head in a good place. I should just hide in the shed today.
Would you recommend the Thai place? Always looking for good stuff in PDX

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I did forget to mention that my MIL got me a Sodastream for Xmas. I drink 4-6 cans of LeCroix water per day (wasteful, yadda yadda), but never got one because the cost savings took 3 years to break even with the cost of the maker. Now that somebody else decided to eat that cost, carbonated water all the time for this guy. I'm going to need to buy a few extra bottles though, because I drink a lot and a single bottle ain't cutting it.

Got the ///M running again yesterday after charging it off the Forester for 45min. The battery was so incredibly dead. I forgot how much fun that car is. It's like a damn rocket ship after driving the Subie and Infiniti for the last 2 months. I should probably put the snows on, but am a bit too lazy to still. Otherwise, I might have left a *little* bit of rubber on the ground this weekend. Because fun.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Heidi, it's actually in Beaverton and the only reason I was there was her. Thai Bloom is good, but not worth going to Beaverton for.

Khao San in Portland is damn good, though. Both my wife and I have been to Thailand in this place is legit. But a bulk of the food I eat here comes from a cart. :rofl:

I can give you a long list of those if you'd like, though. While I haven't had all of them, or anywhere close to half of them, I have had at least 100 carts and can recommend at least 30. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yawn. Bought a new garage door opener, now need to install it.
If it's a newfangled Chamberlain or the like with MyQ then you can get a $45 box that plugs into your router, talks to the opener via Bluetooth, and then lets you open/close/check on your door via phone app, if that's your thing. I don't use it too much but it's nice to be able to double check that the door is closed when on the way to the airport or the like.

I'm not jd but I got a PDX Thai recommendation randomly yesterday:

http://pokpokpdx.com/main-menu/

My friend said he waited 2.5 hours to get in and yet it was worth it.

I did forget to mention that my MIL got me a Sodastream for Xmas
Actually you mentioned that already. :D Two days ago, perhaps?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I bike commuted in this morning. It was 19 degrees, I believe. Cold feet because I am dumb and donned the Sidis instead of the winter boots, and rather unpleasant in general as there were lots of sections with 1-2" of pockmarked ice, the pockmarks from the horse traffic this trail sees.

Oh well, got my cardio in and didn't fall so I guess I have little to complain about.

If it's a newfangled Chamberlain or the like with MyQ then you can get a $45 box that plugs into your router, talks to the opener via Bluetooth, and then lets you open/close/check on your door via phone app, if that's your thing. I don't use it too much but it's nice to be able to double check that the door is closed when on the way to the airport or the like...
I'll look at it, but I'm way leery of IOT devices at this point in their evolution.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wife wants one but Santa didn't deliver, I'll have to forward her that article though even if one turns up late.
Technically breathing is dangerous, so I'm not going to live in a state of fear that my teeth will end up worse than they currently are.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yah, Pok Pok is the standard.
So the 1 time the wife tried to take me there, it was a 4 hour wait. Who waits 4 hours to eat?

We went across the street to the bar and got the wings there. The wings are good, but there are a lot of good wings in Portland.

On the east side, I love Bete-Lukas (Ethiopian), Nicholas (Med), Country Cat (opened by the old chef at Screen Door), and of course Reo's Ribs (Snoop Dogg's uncle) is now on Sandy in Hollywood. Being a cheap bastard, most of the places I go could qualify as cheap eats in the grand scheme of Portland fine dining. But damn good, none the less.

The wife has a $200 gift card to El Gaucho, but we haven't gone and I think we've had it at least a year (I hope they don't expire). :rofl:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
My friend who waited the 2.5 hours said that it was one of his and his wife's top culinary experiences of all time, for what that's worth. I won't be going there with kids any time soon so I must live via you guys.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Carrie Fisher is dead. Fuck this year even more. Can we please hit 86mph and get this all fixed? Please.