Quantcast

ѧѦ ѧ ︵͡︵ ̢ ̱ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵ Ѧѧ ︵͡ ︵ Hump Day GMT ѧ Ѧ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ ѦѦ ѧ ︵

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
pouring rain here ...
Wife and I were probably midway through heading up Apex down Chimney when you posted this and didn't see a drop.

Message me if you're up for riding tomorrow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
was pissed i walked out of the orange peel to pouring rain sunday night...was going to spend the night looking at stars on blue ridge parkway.
One of the least expected things of living in Asheville, was that you often could not see the Blue Ridge from downtown because of the polluted air that settles in the region during the summer. If you didn't leave downtown you would forget you lived in the mountains.

Best time for views is 1-2 days following a heavy rain.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Howdy all. Going to pick my 5010 up from the shop this morning, hopefully with BB/chainring/wherever tight and quiet. I also pushed Mariko around on a borrowed pedal bike. She doesn't quite get the forward vs backward pedaling thing yet, which is a problem when it has a coaster brake.

Borrow a fixie from a hipster toddler.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of the least expected things of living in Asheville, was that you often could not see the Blue Ridge from downtown because of the polluted air that settles in the region during the summer. If you didn't leave downtown you would forget you lived in the mountains.

Best time for views is 1-2 days following a heavy rain.

Is it pollution or humidity? I believe the blue ridge was called such well before pollution was an issue. High humidity causes a thick bluish haze. Humidity and pollution is more of a brown tinge.

Air has gotten much cleaner over the past few decades. Cunts who want to roll back clean air policies can go smoke one of their holy gun barrels.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Is it pollution or humidity? I believe the blue ridge was called such well before pollution was an issue. High humidity causes a thick bluish haze. Humidity and pollution is more of a brown tinge.

Air has gotten much cleaner over the past few decades. Cunts who want to roll back clean air policies can go smoke one of their holy gun barrels.
Although it's been a long time, I remember the cause was a combination of pollution from coal burning power plants in TN and auto exhaust being trapped up against the mountains.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Could be all of the stink lines from the hippies.

Dude, that seriously is one of things I will never miss about living in Asheville. Hippies are one thing with two day old b.o. and patchouli stank, but the worst is the subculture that prides itself in nastiness. The smell of a gutter punk on a hot summer afternoon is all but indescribable to those who have not experienced it.