Quantcast

֍֍֍Sunday֍֍֍

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Snowing out there.
Not enough to sled but might try to head out on the fat bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went riding yesterday and by riding I mean slipping and sliding. Somehow only crashed once despite numerous close calls. Went to a new brewery to celebrate my buddy's wife's birthday. Drank a few too many but still a good time. My wife is taking my son to her mom's place today/overnight for our nieces birthday, so solo dad duty with my daughter. I think I'll take her hiking.
IMG_20181110_150325.jpg
IMG_20181110_152606.jpg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snowing pretty hard on the plains of Kansas here. Bodes well for skiing on Wednesday and Friday. Not so great for riding Thursday—stupid extra meeting shot my skiing plans that afternoon.

Post dark sky-checking: ok, won’t be a lot of snow. At least it’ll be cold overnight. 100 mm ski kind of day, which is fine.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with neighbor early this morning, some sections were crunchy ice, that was nice. Place drains well so not as muddy as yesterday but the ocean of leaves does a good job covering baby heads and large sticks. Would bang again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cal beat USC in large part because of some late game shit talking by SC that led to penalty. Broke a 14 year streak and made Cal bowl eligible. SC? Not so much; they are now questionable. Game didn't end until midnight, so I'm tired as all hell though

Got some new skis via @Nick yesterday. They're shiny. At Snöbahn with Haley right now. Probably going to the museum today too.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Skied the new skis yesterday, I'm gonna get along with them real well I think. Still puttering around the house this morning, meeting a guy to sell some ski bindings to after a bit here. Then... gonna figure out how to spend a snowy Sunday with my gal.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Went riding.
Went sledding.
Plowed the hood (7ish inches so far)
Now watching F1, then the Manchester derby (proper football).
20181111_090501_resized.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Traffic is a shit show with the snow.

A-holes not equipped to drive in a snow storm blocking roads and spinning out everywhere.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You must be new here?

:homer:
I always avoid driving when it's dumping up by us, needed to catch a train so it was unavoidable. Despite leaving early, still missed the train I was targeting. Wife said I70 was shut when she tried to head back home and 40 had a bunch of people off the road.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Traffic is a shit show with the snow.

A-holes not equipped to drive in a snow storm blocking roads and spinning out everywhere.
I should grab the dashcam footage from this afternoon.

At an overpass on-ramp to I-25 road went from just wet to a thick layer of ice just like that. Shitshow ensued with traffic ahead, with at least two cars crashed, one of them 180 degrees from that orientation expected, and traffic backed up as a result sneaking by them. Would have been nice to have the snows on the minivan for that mostly controlled stop but that task is awaiting the new van arriving…

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
i thought you were the only wookie on here?
I too am confused. Nick is not a small man, but he is no wookie.
Those will be good for teh stoney, 188cm and easy to bend for somebody his (ahem) size, I actually grabbed them over the Summer with him in mind, when he said he wanted to ski more due to Haley being a ripper. Stoney can snowboard pretty f'ing well, but he's a strong beginner on skis.

@Toshi ... I think you have a pair of hand me down skis for your oldest girl coming, if she can use / wants them.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Those will be good for teh stoney, 188cm and easy to bend for somebody his (ahem) size, I actually grabbed them over the Summer with him in mind, when he said he wanted to ski more due to Haley being a ripper. Stoney can snowboard pretty f'ing well, but he's a strong beginner on skis.
I'll take that compliment.

@Toshi ... I think you have a pair of hand me down skis for your oldest girl coming, if she can use / wants them.
90s, iirc. And a pair of 19.5 boots with them. Second step of the 5-step hand me down system (Haley>Mariko>Yuna>Hannah>Toshi #3).

Kiwintas

Chimp
Oct 22, 2018
Sunday always seems like such a short day.
Kicked it off with a sleep in then yard work in the sun.
After lunch it was time to try out a friends shock wiz, turns out my my shock pump was reading 30psi low. Which might be the reason my 36s felt harsh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

new title....ski santa?