Quantcast

غFridayغ

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
NOAA predicts a mild winter for the Northeast therefore I've ordered a studded 26" tire for my B-sexxer. I intend to have moar shitloads of fun on ice than last year.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! 1.5 hours til I get rid of the on-call phone. It was a pretty light duty tour (through the first 22.5 hours) but you never know what kind of idiocy they are capable of.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yay Friday. Will have to make an effort to not visit any bike sites today. I want to watch Rampage without knowing who won, who fell off the mountain or who got robbed.

The sky is blue after last nights lightning storm. I will be riding today. And tomorrow. And Sunday (after work).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
In the park at 5.30am for a 1.5 ride.

Helped yet another person who passed out right next to me on the subway I literally caught her as she was saggin backwards and got her down on the floor of the car and legs up. This is the 5th time I have help somebody who has passed out 4 of them on the subway. Maybe people leave home after a workout with no food and pass out due to low blood sugar but strange I keep running into people passing out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So after having my application processed, references checked, 7 day waiting period elapsed, I get to go visit some rescue dogs in foster. I hope one of them is a complete asshole, it will make the decision easier.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Helped yet another person who passed out right next to me on the subway I literally caught her as she was saggin backwards and got her down on the floor of the car and legs up. This is the 5th time I have help somebody who has passed out 4 of them on the subway. Maybe people leave home after a workout with no food and pass out due to low blood sugar but strange I keep running into people passing out.
They're not passing out, they're swooning! Can't resist the Scandinavian charm...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Domestic morning - defrosted the deep freeze.
Much the same here. House and travel prep. Probably ought to turn the sprinklers off before we leave. Quite close to freezing last night. Dog to pet-sitter, etc. Flight to Barcelona still had 14 open seats. Trying to figure out how to put movies on the android tablet we bought last night. Woman-child is an accomplished flyer at this point, yet I suspect that 15 hours in a plane/airport might be a bit much.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Much the same here. House and travel prep. Probably ought to turn the sprinklers off before we leave. Quite close to freezing last night. Dog to pet-sitter, etc. Flight to Barcelona still had 14 open seats. Trying to figure out how to put movies on the android tablet we bought last night. Woman-child is an accomplished flyer at this point, yet I suspect that 15 hours in a plane/airport might be a bit much.
It's much easier to just stock up on some Nyquil. Bottoms up woman-child!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have some left over Vicodin. Could probably just cut one in half and call it good?
A couple glasses of wine to wash it down.

I did this for my last trip to Japan. I didn't actually sleep, but was pretty darn happy the whole time. Wasn't dumb enough to try and bring any unconsumed stuff into japan. The ride home was brutal.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

They're not passing out, they're swooning! Can't resist the Scandinavian charm...
Have you showered since the S.O.C.? Could be some stank causing them to pass out... :eek:

I rode in this morning all layered up: t-shirt, merino long sleeve jersey, light fleece, light gloves, roadie style ear cover band thing. It's getting cold, especially after a night with barely a wisp of cloud in the sky.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Today is pick up in laws at airport, then attend the funeral for a man who was a knarly, angry, old dude. Gonna miss that guy.

So two funerals for me, then bribes the wife for a bicycle ride tonight.

And yes, we are still picking apples. The end is here though, should wrap up all harvest next week.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
forced to use a public shitter for the first time in forever.....i miss the cleanliness of the vault toilet near little mt hoffman lookout....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I did this for my last trip to Japan. I didn't actually sleep, but was pretty darn happy the whole time. Wasn't dumb enough to try and bring any unconsumed stuff into japan. The ride home was brutal.
on the flight to vegas on the way to california the guy next to me nudged me in the ribs to tell me i was snoring.....i just told him it was going to get worse.

i may just pass out ear plugs next time i fly....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Meh, back to work, long weekend for me, be back out on the mountain Wednesday after a morning mandatory training. Also mandatory semu annual fitness test at 0700 after I get off shift, will be a long night.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
welp. spent half the day at work watching rampage while trying to work. schemed to ensure mountains monday would happen. came home early (while watching rampage) to acquire beer and pick up kids, as wifey is headed to baltimore for work all weekend. went to lowes and got new li batt drill. currently drinking dales, cooking bacon, and preparing ro re-watch rampage on the tv. probably gonna drag the kids out to do trailwork with me tomorrow and tuckus around with them on the local "mountain" - spencer mtn, for those in the area, at poston park.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Went and saw this pup this evening. Advertised as a Boxer/Pointer mix. Not even close. I think she has a lot of Boston Terrier in her and then the regular local mutt breeds of pit and hound. Smaller than I had initially thought but muscular as all get out.

She is clearly very smart and will likely be easily trainable. Has little to no leash experience but she quickly picked up on my feedback and I actually got her to heal in just a few minutes.

Very nice personality from what I saw. However she has been sent back from two other adoptions. Once for jumping a 6 foot fence and killing the neighbors cat, the second time because the owners chihuahua was aggressive with her and would likely meet the same fate as the cat.

All in all good dog, I could definitely see myself taking her in. Would prefer if she was a little bigger and a little more confident. The latter can be worked on.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
the second time because the owners chihuahua was aggressive with her and would likely meet the same fate as the cat.
Do you really blame it? haha

Jumping a 6 foot fence is no joke. Lil buddy was either not being watched well enough or not exercised enough I would guess.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do you really blame it? haha

Jumping a 6 foot fence is no joke. Lil buddy was either not being watched well enough or not exercised enough I would guess.
I would be proud to own a pup that dispatched chihuahuas.

I don't think I can judge the owners in regards to a dog jumping a fence. Some dogs will never exceed a 10 foot radius from their owner, no matter what. Others have the urge to roam no matter how well loved, exercised or watched. I am guessing that this pup has a strong prey instinct, a little fence isn't going to get between it and a tasty kitty.