Quantcast

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༘˚⋆。⋆.✧˚ Exploding Christmas GMT ˚✧.⋆。⋆ ༘ ₊‧✩*ੈ

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hey Ho Monkeys.

Doing a flag raising at the memorial for festivities today. We are having trouble finding folks to raise the Space Force flag. I still think it looks like the Star Trek flag, but you know.

Also props on the wingdings, well done sir.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That's not a workspace, that's a closet.
I'll be sure to hang my wet, slushy bike gear in there come winter...
I'd take that over my current "open office" environment where I have to wear sound cancelling ear buds underneath sound cancelling headphones to hear myself think over the clatter of coworkers on loud conference calls with each other. Not to mention being able to block lonely people who want to have inane conversations and the smell of rank overheated lunches.
that's actually a "quiet booth" in the middle of an open office space... for taking calls etc.
Why do you hate impromptu ideation session?

JK. The only time I get to think in the office is from the porcelain cubicle. Until of course the guy who hocks at least a dozen loogies every bathroom trip comes in and starts firing up.
on the one hand, this new location sucks ballz (no parking, no rapid transit, poor cycle infrastructure, and very far from the central business district at it's across the river from the major urban population centre), but since I live relatively close by (about 17 minutes by bike), I will be showing up for in-person meetings, logging on, and then fucking off home. I guess I'm "lucky" since I can do that, but my manager's commute will be over an hour each way by bus, and maybe 40 minutes by car if there's no issues on the bridges.

Gawd, this whole move makes my angry.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Another 15 miles and 2k of verts this morning. BB creak is still awful, tearing into that again today. Heading down to Full Truckerland in the morning to ride.

I think this is the best way to go, quite frankly
When I go I want it to be peacefully and in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not scared and yelling, like all those poor people riding on his bus that day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Boat needs to be bigger.

Wife started feeling ill on our ride, so had to abort. Got up to 12,274ft which was about an hour short of the summit at 14,150ft :(

COVID test done, but it's out of date so :shrug:
I think it is on the shark pedestal

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to this little town's famous parade, which draws hundreds and hundreds of people. got lobsters and mussels from the dock. took a nap. went for a hike. obligatory slanty rock pic for @jdcamb

about to cook said sea critters and some corn on the cob and then participate in the harbor's firework festival.

1720134272768.jpeg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Went for a ride. Messed around in parks for a while. While riding side by side in a straight line, friend decided she wanted to turn. It didn't end well. We both went down. Saw a bear.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
True story. Not a lick of traffic up or down. Trails were likewise pretty much deserted.

Same here, except for the dipshit with the broken down truck towing a heavy trailer up a steep two lane construction zone mountain pass with zero shoulder.

*Slaps Hood* I never have to check the oil in this thing.

I assume there is some kind of underground contest to see who can tow as much as possible up SR18 with trucks purchased for less than $300. It is bad enough that abandoned boats are a very common sight.