Quantcast

શુક્રવાર Friderp શુક્રવાર

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
6-12"+ predicted at our house today, I think that might impact ride plans this evening and tomorrow.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Aw crap. Sometimes I hate being mgmt. One of the other paratransit vendors had a transmission blow on the only other van that can transport oversized wheelchairs. They asked if we could transport 4 clients on Saturday. I have no one available to drive but me...so I get the short straw. Monday is gonna be a PTO day.

Time for moar coffee

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Made it up to VT last night, in spite of the cold and snowy roads. Of course the air bed I borrowed from my parents was missing the cap and we had to crash on couches instead. My back is letting me know it too.

Time to go plug in the truck. It’ll be happier with me when we go out for the day.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hoping it snows all day & all nite up high. taking the girls to Eldo. I need a pow day bad.
Asked the waiter last nite if the Monkey bread had real monkeys in it. Lola laughed. The server thought I was serious. :rofl:

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Mornin!

Made it up to VT last night, in spite of the cold and snowy roads. Of course the air bed I borrowed from my parents was missing the cap and we had to crash on couches instead. My back is letting me know it too.

Time to go plug in the truck. It’ll be happier with me when we go out for the day.
Y'all picked a rough time of year to hang out in the NE.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
-25°F with the wind. wore my puffy jacket instead of wool sweater with shell. Much, much too hot, I could feel the sweat running down my forearms on the ride in.

Also wore my new gl-itts this morning, and on last night's ride. Last night was 8°F (but felt colder). I'll call them a mitigated success. Hands were warm by the end of the ride. This morning, my thumb and index were noticeably colder than the other three fingers, but not painfully cold. I think once the break in a little, the gloves will be great. right now, the index and thumb are a little stiff. it's also weird to have three fingers together, and then so much fabric between the next finger over. Maybe you get used to that with time? must be like what it feels like to wear a thong I'm guessing:banana:. I like that the fabric in the palm isn't loose, so you don't have that sensation of the grip moving around in the glove, and I also like the wool lining. very comfy. Ovell, I'm happy with them for now, time will tell in the long run.

Also, it's friday. must muster up the motivation to do work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
you cray cray
Either I ride and it takes me 20 minutes, or I walk and it takes me an hour. Driving takes about 15 minutes, but I'd rather avoid the stress of driving, paying for parking, and running my engine, so I'll take the 5 minute hit. taking the bus would probably take about 45 minutes, and involve lots of standing around waiting. I'll take riding my bike. It helps that it's a really pretty commute, I ride across a river and along its banks past our National Museum of History.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
its really not that bad. just gotta keep your skin covered. it's honestly pretty easy to overheat.
this. I have a windstopper toque, and a windstopper facemask. I wear my googles, so none of my face is exposed. after a while you get a good sense of what gear to wear in what conditions. but you need a lot of gear! (and who doesn't like gear?)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this. I have a windstopper toque, and a windstopper facemask. I wear my googles, so none of my face is exposed. after a while you get a good sense of what gear to wear in what conditions. but you need a lot of gear! (and who doesn't like gear?)
the worst is the first few rides in cold weather, because you've inevitably forgotten all your layering tricks from the last winter.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yea. I'd totally keep my skin covered .... with my house.
I lol'd!
I took one run at Bolton in VT when it was 30 below. Fucking brutal.
I don’t go out under zero, or under 8” of fresh now.
honestly, DH skiing in the cold is pretty different than biking/xc skiing in that you are generating waaaay more heat with the latter two. At least for me, I'm also mostly in the woods (except when commuting), so typically the wind isn't as much of a factor. For me, my limit for lift-served skiing is around -10°F. After that, I have a really hard time keeping my toes warm.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Here we go, leaving Bend now for our full time RV mountain biking, hiking, paddling trip. First stop.....Death Valley. Woot woot. All these years of planning!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello all. Shitty slushy snow all over the place today.

Nice Volvo :-)

Took my team to the national gallery for 19 kick off. Then biked home, had a cake and napped for two hours. Now the fireplace is on and I am getting ready for a Friday beer.

@Heidi any plans how long you will be on the road?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You guys and the cold.....

Love it.

Pro tip, anything below zero is all the same. If your willing g to be out when its 0, then don't wuss out at -25.

As listed, cover your skin, wear goggles if you got them...... and try to stay as dry as you can.

Speaking of the cold ..... why the eff is it still positive temps here? Who did the voodoo to steal Montana weather?