Quantcast

‍∩ Monday ‍∩

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Heading out this am for a two weeks vacation in dog hatin' Quebec.
Try to behave while I'm out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Back to work, and with only 2 meetings on tap for the day it should be a good way to ease back into it.

Otherwise, wheeling and dealing. Time to offload excess possessions that are just weighing me down.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got all gussied up for a ride on saturday just to hear a rumble of thunder. checked the radar and noped right out. One spin class later and then it's sunny out LOL up yours nature

took the kids to the pool for the last time this season, and 5ft from the car on the way out the skies opened up...got lucky there LOL not up yours nature

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Porch light stopped working. bulb wasn't it. Now chasing fault back towards circuit breaker. Also leaking tire on car. Next?
Ugh, I've got the leaking car tire thing going too, except on all 4 tires. I can reliably count on them being down about 5 psi a week. This is their last season however, and I'm probably only driving a few hundred miles per month, so I think I'll live with it until I change over to winter tires in November.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Checked schedule last night and have meeting back-to-back 9-4. Giddy. Haley's off to school.

Dad retired on Friday at 66. One of his retirement goals is to help kids "with imbalances in educational access". That is what took me from Orange County Republican to damn dirty hippie. He's either going to have a glitch and realize that he's been wrong for a very long time about why poor and colored kids struggle with school, or make up some other excuse to meet what he's said for years. Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Checked schedule last night and have meeting back-to-back 9-4. Giddy. Haley's off to school.

Dad retired on Friday at 66. One of his retirement goals is to help kids "with imbalances in educational access". That is what took me from Orange County Republican to damn dirty hippie. He's either going to have a glitch and realize that he's been wrong for a very long time about why poor and colored kids struggle with school, or make up some other excuse to meet what he's said for years. Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic.
:popcorn:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am working from Colorado Center. The astute reader will note that this is near Thai Pot Cafe, thus the family shall be getting Thai takeout for dinner tonight.

In other news we canceled our dually + massive trailer rental vacation plans 15 days out. Fires and such, even though I-70 apparently finally opened again today.

Ugh, I've got the leaking car tire thing going too, except on all 4 tires. I can reliably count on them being down about 5 psi a week. This is their last season however, and I'm probably only driving a few hundred miles per month, so I think I'll live with it until I change over to winter tires in November.
Corrosion on alloy rims?

Electrical fault was a tripped GFCI outlet buried under a pile of crap in the solarium.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Flat tire on the car, dog has tossed cookies twice. Happy Monday.

New tires ordered, they are all bad.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Back from a glorious trip to Steamboat... saw a ton of friends in outdoor settings, camped in the new van, rode bikes, floated on lakes, drank beers. Back at the desk job, pushing buttons for the man.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Neighbor decided to build an addition and a bigger garage, but he's already very close to my property line and I do not trust him. Looks like I have no choice but to have the land surveyed for boundaries, initial quotes range between $2100 - $2500.

2020 is the gift that keeps on giving.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Neighbor decided to build an addition and a bigger garage, but he's already very close to my property line and I do not trust him. Looks like I have no choice but to have the land surveyed for boundaries, initial quotes range between $2100 - $2500.

Shouldn't that be his responsibility and part of the permit process?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Shouldn't that be his responsibility and part of the permit process?
Yes. Yes it should...
I know only little about property deeds and land bookkeeping in this goddamned county, but I have not found a single land plan that shows the exact boundaries of my property outside of "northwest bounded by Street X for 110' 1/8". The line between my and neighbor is funky as the original owners split the lot in two and made the boundary funky shaped to go around his garage & satisfy the zoning gap. I think I want my own legally binding survey in case of a future dispute, too.

I know only little about property deeds and land bookkeeping in this goddamned county, but I have not found a single land plan that shows the exact boundaries of my property outside of "northwest bounded by Street X for 110' 1/8". The line between my and neighbor is funky as the original owners split the lot in two and made the boundary funky shaped to go around his garage & satisfy the zoning gap. I think I want my own legally binding survey in case of a future dispute, too.
The survey will be an opinion, albeit a formal one. Deeds should describe physical markers - do you have a copy of your deed, does it describe the markers, and have you located them?
00.jpeg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

make friends with the zoning board if you haven't already.