Quantcast

‍∩ Monday ‍∩

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The survey will be an opinion, albeit a formal one. Deeds should describe physical markers - do you have a copy of your deed, does it describe the markers, and have you located them?
View attachment 148975
My town's GIS shows the corners and lines as well but the deed has no plan, just a verbal description, there are no markers besides marker stones on street corners.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My town's GIS shows the corners and lines as well but the deed has no plan, just a verbal description, there are no markers besides marker stones on street corners.
Look for your county GIS website to see if you can find information like that image jbp posted.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Currently very frustrated with my lbs. The two original owners and the og mechanic are excellent wheel builders. I've always trusted their craft. Two weeks ago I had them build up some new rims (Chromag Phase 30) to my hubs. I left them my wheels before a camping trip figuring a week was long enough. Turned into a cluster fvck, and they had to rush the build. Turns out it was a new employee who built the wheels. When I got them, I noticed spoke tension wasn't even all around.

I got about 7 rides in (4 with my kids) and noticed a flat Sunday morning. The tire needed to be replaced, so I took it off to mount a new one. That's when I noticed they were not using Stan's sealant. I suspect it's some sort of homebrew. There was a huge booger in it - this was after just 2weeks. So the sealant didn't do its job. Now I have a dent in my new rim...

And I don't think I can get a new same rim at this point.

I don't know how much to push my shop on this. I think they did a crap job building my wheel, and the wheel wasn't up to their usual standard. I'm a long time loyal customer, and feel they kinda treated my shabbily. I like the guys, so don't want to be a dick, but on the other hand I just dropped $600 for new wheels and now they're already compromised...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This the one you found?

Otherwise, I would have thought your neighbor would have to get a survey to establish the property line prior to starting his addition. The consequences of not doing so are huge.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This the one you found?

Otherwise, I would have thought your neighbor would have to get a survey to establish the property line prior to starting his addition. The consequences of not doing so are huge.
Yeah, I found a similar GIS map at our town's site. I think that my question boils down to - if I survey my property and neighbor surveys his, what is the likelihood the surveyed boundaries between our lots won't match 100%. From everything I've read so far, that should not realistically happen, but whether to risk it, that is my conundrum now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yeah, I found a similar GIS map at our town's site. I think that my question boils down to - if I survey my property and neighbor surveys his, what is the likelihood the surveyed boundaries between our lots won't match 100%. From everything I've read so far, that should not realistically happen, but whether to risk it, that is my conundrum now.
You are right, Id put my money on them not matching.

I think the risk comes down to how much you think he's encroaching. If you think he's over by a few feet, that could easily get nullified by the difference in the surveys, but if we are talking 8' or so i can't imagine they could be that much different from one another.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
for fucks sake, nikki haley really wants pence to cede way so she can be veep. i threw up in my mouth a few times watching her. so much communist name calling.
oh shit, now don don's on doing more of the same.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Je ne comprends pas?
most trail center in quebec city do not allow dog on trails. So we selected destination where they are. Wasn't easy. That would explain why it was our first vacation in Qc for the last 15 years.