Quantcast

––––– Monday ««««««

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
youngest kid has had a stuffy nose for the past 2 weeks. This weekend my wife gets sick, and tests positive for Covid on Saturday morning. Now I'm coming down with an upper respiratory infection of some sort. And I'm supposed to fly out for a BC bike trip on Friday. Fuckin' yay.
so I did a RAT test.... two lines. things are looking worse and worse for my trip. fuck.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife has been chasing a similar thing for years. None of the doctors she's been to have pursued it beyond blood tests and some x-rays, both of which have come back inconclusive.

So she's gone down that same rabbit hole. Parasite cleanses, strict diets, supplements, anything that offers a glimmer of hope, all to no avail.

It's a sucky position to be in for sure.
What's really fucked up is I'm not allergic to anything and seem to have an iron gut. So nothing I eat seems to bother me. She's having to eliminate pretty much everything and start from scratch and it's horrible.

She did get some riced cauliflower and organic bacon and I'm going to try and make fried rice she can eat. I'm not using a duck egg because I haven't found a source yet

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Duck fat is in an entirely different galaxy of flavor that chicken fat.
That’s all I got.
But in eggs though? I can't say I've had a duck egg, so I can't really say. I know duck fat is used a lot in cooking. I just know in the wife's diet it specifies duck eggs for some less than obvious reason.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
You haven't lived until you've eaten an entire roasted chicken in a grocery store parking lot. Just tearing into it like a caveman, people walking by like "Mommy what's that man doing?" "Don't look at him, honey."
is this you?
Jump to 4:00 if you want to skip the “I’m drunk and looking for food while my girlfriend drives” prelude.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what this week holds but my boss gets back after 2 weeks in Italy (they have a house there), so who knows. Might go look at an S2000 at lunch because I've never.
Had an S2000, checks math.

Twenty years ago.

Now I'm depressed.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Made it to the hotel in PA. Ordered some DoorDash Mexican. Not feeling the chicken enchiladas.

Also getting nervous about stepping off tomorrow. As many times as I’ve done this you’d think I’d be relaxed. Butterflies in my stomach as usual.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
But in eggs though? I can't say I've had a duck egg, so I can't really say.
I have. Bought at a farmers market in Cottonwood AZ. We weren't really planning on buying them but were curious. So we scrambled them. They were a bit bigger than chicken eggs, and they had more yoke, which was also richer than chicken eggs. Think organic free range eggs, but moar...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have. Bought at a farmers market in Cottonwood AZ. We weren't really planning on buying them but were curious. So we scrambled them. They were a bit bigger than chicken eggs, and they had more yoke, which was also richer than chicken eggs. Think organic free range eggs, but moar...
That's what I was reading, I was surprised that they were bigger, was not expecting that for some reason.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ugh. I wasn’t feeling speedy today, so I decided to do a leg workout. There is a classic climb here that is kinda the uphill throughway that connects to higher up trails. (1226 feet in 3 miles) Normally, when I’m feeling peppy, it takes me 40-45 minutes. Fairly steep in spots. I’m usually going in between true granny (28/51) and next down (28/45). So tonight I just did my best to pretend it was a single speed, and rode the whole thing in 28/33.
The result? I couldn’t clean it (had to rest a few times), and It took 54:27. It was really hard!

[/COOLSTORY]