Quantcast

——//////ThrustingHumpDay

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm rarely one to preach but please don't skimp in this area. After watching a friend flip a kart at well over 100 MPH (he was OK but pretty banged up), as well as witnessing and being involved in a variety of other karting accidents, it's nothing to mess around with. I believe you are on an indoor track and not going as fast, but the worst wreck I was involved in was at slow speeds. Go to a kart shop and talk to the most experienced person there. I believe you are in CO. This site looks to be a good local resource.

Good luck.
100%. We haven't fucked around to date and don't intend to start. Outside of a HANS device, LEATT type braces are the most common. The simple foams are an option too, but if I'm spending $100+, I might as well pay the extra and get one for both - hence the question.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i just had a credit card get closed because i hadn't used it in over 2 years. it had my highest credit limit, but also highest interest rate

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Screenshot_20220316-102516_Chrome.jpg

Used to be well into the 800s, but a single late payment 4 years ago on a rarely used CC knocked over 120 points off my score. Been digging back out ever since.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
1647441071684.png

i just had a credit card get closed because i hadn't used it in over 2 years. it had my highest credit limit, but also highest interest rate

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have a third card I never use. Should probably close it out. Costco visa gets most of the action because annual cash back; Am Airlines card for miles is the backup . . .

#creditmonkey.com

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
and picking which neck brace I'm getting. It needs to be a cost reasonable one that I can use with my bike too, so it's still not going to be super cheap unfortunately. Any suggestions for a good neck brace for mtb?
I sure wish I had thought to ask this question about 12 years ago, and not worried about the budget. You wanna know how much a couple of airlifts costs?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If Congress fails to pass the Senate's daylight savings time bill I'm going to storm the goddamn capital on a buffalo horn fur hat. Kiddo has been all fucked up since the time change, not napping, and this morning he was wide awake at 2:30, sleeping did not happen.

100%. We haven't fucked around to date and don't intend to start. Outside of a HANS device, LEATT type braces are the most common. The simple foams are an option too, but if I'm spending $100+, I might as well pay the extra and get one for both - hence the question.
Foam doughnuts are really only useful in helping support the weight of the helmet which may or may not be advantageous since your kiddo isn't a yoked out 30 year old dude and helmets are kinda heavy, spend teh moniez on a legit restraint. I used to run a D-cell and liked it a lot because it offered better side to side head movement than a Hans, switched to an R3 eventually because it was easier to get in and out of the truck with, and didn't squish my nuts, though that's probably not on your daughter's list of concerns.

One of these 850 credit score monkies will pick up the tab, so don't worry about cost.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If Congress fails to pass the Senate's daylight savings time bill I'm going to storm the goddamn capital on a buffalo horn fur hat. Kiddo has been all fucked up since the time change, not napping, and this morning he was wide awake at 2:30, sleeping did not happen.

Foam doughnuts are really only useful in helping support the weight of the helmet which may or may not be advantageous since your kiddo isn't a yoked out 30 year old dude and helmets are kinda heavy, spend teh moniez on a legit restraint. I used to run a D-cell and liked it a lot because it offered better side to side head movement than a Hans, switched to an R3 eventually because it was easier to get in and out of the truck with, and didn't squish my nuts, though that's probably not on your daughter's list of concerns.

One of these 850 credit score monkies will pick up the tab, so don't worry about cost.
It looks like all the LEATT braces are US competitive league approved, so if I decided to go race for real, I would have something appropriate already. They would also carry over for MTB, so that's a win-win. So I'll probably end up spending $300 on this. Oh well. That now means Haley, Reese, and myself will all have braces - because safety. Still want to try out @Nick's, but I have a feeling it will be a bit small, since I doubt he's in an XXL.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
It looks like all the LEATT braces are US competitive league approved, so if I decided to go race for real, I would have something appropriate already. They would also carry over for MTB, so that's a win-win. So I'll probably end up spending $300 on this. Oh well. That now means Haley, Reese, and myself will all have braces - because safety. Still want to try out @Nick's, but I have a feeling it will be a bit small, since I doubt he's in an XXL.
I use the Leatts on the motos and they are by the most comfortable and effective. They adjust so much better than the others. Worth the price IMO

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you still ride DH? :confused:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I just might be better @ photochop than @CrabJoe StretchPants ;)

The whole concept of credit score sucks when you arrive an as immigrant in this country and to get even basic utilities or rent an apartment, you have to magically produce an OK one. Those days...
I wish that I had the meme or whatever it was, where someone described the only reason for credit scores, is so companies know the potential $$$$ they can make off you.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
ave a third card I never use. Should probably close it out. Costco visa gets most of the action because annual cash back; Am Airlines card for miles is the backup . . .
If there’s no fee keep it open forever. Lower credit utilization as % is better.

/me is on a Zoom call from the car, outside the Thai joint. Skiing was subpar—ice. Watz also needed to work, from the Mary Jane parking lot.

but tomorrow will be good. Yes.

Texas spring break lift lines:

1F771A32-8032-4DB3-B0EE-F0FA7303E4C7.jpeg
7294A99D-435A-4F17-A65D-43E7BCE778E1.jpeg

at Prospector since Explorer was closed inexplicably on a busy day.