Quantcast

‘‘π¬∆‹««© -- Monday GTM -- ∫««¥ƒ®®†¥

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not going to the office is a good way to start the week. I have a meeting in town and not driving back and forth to the office. Thank you covid for really making remote work a permanent option.

Got my new tire yesterday but this is the first time I am hit by having a 27.5 bike. Turns out they do not make the light version of the tires anymore in 27.5. I will just install it and pedal harder. After riding my friends Santa Cruz Tallboy LT I have for the first time in forever really started to think about a new bike. I think it rode better than my old GT.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Another sick day today.
Was watching a TV show tonight and it had a vajankle in it.
Looked them up online and it turns out you can even get a Halloween themed Vajankle, Hahahaha!
Why would you want to fuck an ankle?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
up at 0315 as usual. 5.5 hours in the kayak yesterday wiped me out. I was in bed before 2000 hrs. Lots of achy muscles today. My fishing partner commented on how he wished he could cast a fly as well as I do. I told him it's because I have been doing it for 50 years an I still practice 2-3 times a week. He never practices and wonders why he casts like shit.

Espresso and out the door I go

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Back to work, boo. Gonna have to take it easy and catch up on things old and new.

Old man is coming back today to do more work on the basement door. We've gotta shift and expand the opening, rebuilding some of the framing (non-load bearing, luckily) along the way.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back to work. FTS. At least I have one meeting that I'm looking forward to - super nice young woman who listened after our first meeting 4yrs ago. I gave them a "this is everything to do and the order" list then, which they followed. They toughed it out for 3 years, sold unnecessary luxury stuff, and are totally solvent and saving now. They will likely retire at the same time as me (if not sooner), and they're 10yrs younger.

Spent about 1.5 hours cutting lead yesterday. My 50# block now has one 4.75#, one 4#, and one 8# block carved off, none of which are square. If you thought cutting wood blocks by hand was difficult, lead is next level. JBP's lead makes up the majority of what Haley needed, but she still needed another 15# mounted and 10# in smaller increments available.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what today holds. Going into the office for a few hours because that is what's expected of me. I will leave by noon so I am home in time for my 2:00 team meeting that is never in person.

I have a ton of crap showing up this week. I admit (again) I've gone a bit crazy with the crap for kids. But for one, it's pretty damn cheap, and two it's not like I'm dipping into savings or anything. I'm just spending my "fun money" on folks who aren't me.

So 3mm and 6mm risers and appropriate length hardware to go with the 54, 56, and 58mm wheels. All the boards come with 52mm wheels and no risers. How are you supposed to know if you prefer a little riser or a slightly taller wheel of you've never tried it? So there will be a variety of stuff to try and getting a dozen more of anything is less than $30. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Back to work. FTS. At least I have one meeting that I'm looking forward to - super nice young woman who listened after our first meeting 4yrs ago. I gave them a "this is everything to do and the order" list then, which they followed. They toughed it out for 3 years, sold unnecessary luxury stuff, and are totally solvent and saving now. They will likely retire at the same time as me (if not sooner), and they're 10yrs younger.

Spent about 1.5 hours cutting lead yesterday. My 50# block now has one 4.75#, one 4#, and one 8# block carved off, none of which are square. If you thought cutting wood blocks by hand was difficult, lead is next level. JBP's lead makes up the majority of what Haley needed, but she still needed another 15# mounted and 10# in smaller increments available.
What kinda PPE you adorning while cutting up this lead?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What kinda PPE you adorning while cutting up this lead?
n95 mask and gloves. I'm keeping it wet with wd40, so as to not vaporize or create dust. Being hand cut, so not heating it up. I used the jigsaw for about 5min and realized that was stupid, so I got out the hacksaw at that point. Also have my vacuum, with a HEPA bag vacuuming as I go to pick up bits. I have it clamped into my vice, to keep it from moving around, but the boards underneath it are being disposed of after I'm done. Once it's cut, I'm wrapping it heavily in white gaffers tape (white is regulation) to keep it contained going forward as well.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

At neuro eye doctor for another followup. Got here a little early so I can take a call in my car. Ughhhh please don't dilate my pupils.

Should be an easy day.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Living the life of a seasonal worker.

Who knows what today will be.

First, walk the dogs. Forest is an icy mess. Hillsound!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Nice ride at Phil’s World on the way home from Sedona. Back to the grind of work, and really gonna try and make some serious progress on the Bong Shed™ this week.

Coffee do your thing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
feel hung over this morning, but didn't drink (excessively) last night? grey, dull and not cold here.

going to visit a private school this afternoon to see if they might be a better fit for my younger boy who struggles with learning.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Nice ride at Phil’s World on the way home from Sedona. Back to the grind of work, and really gonna try and make some serious progress on the Bong Shed™ this week.

Coffee do your thing.
Man, Phils World is a fun place to stop and pedal around.

Last three days of the month and I have lots to accomplish before my monthly deadlines are up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello peoples

working from Colorado Center today... which means Thai Pot for lunch and bringing it home for the family for dinner. I shall walk there and back for lunch as a change of pace/to get some light exercise in.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
spent yesterday afternoon at the climbing gym. both kids are making notable progress. especially my daughter - she is becoming much more confident, topped out on several of the "routes" she did yesterday. also upgraded her to her brothers old harness (since he got a new mammut earlier in the fall). ordered her a new pair of shoes yesterday too.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
spent yesterday afternoon at the climbing gym. both kids are making notable progress. especially my daughter - she is becoming much more confident, topped out on several of the "routes" she did yesterday. also upgraded her to her brothers old harness (since he got a new mammut earlier in the fall). ordered her a new pair of shoes yesterday too.
Have they tried karting?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've been with my company for so long now my work anniversary is legally eligible to drink in Murica...

Not sure if good or bad.