Quantcast

‘‘π¬∆‹««© -- Monday GTM -- ∫««¥ƒ®®†¥

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
well, I’ll be staying south near Aurora a few nights. I’ve got a local friend for guidance, but any suggestions for a watering hole or eatery will be considered.
Dunno if we've got any posters who live in Kansas to give advice that far east.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
well, I’ll be staying south near Aurora a few nights. I’ve got a local friend for guidance, but any suggestions for a watering hole or eatery will be considered.
Dunno if we've got any posters who live in Kansas to give advice that far east.
Thai Pot Cafe. Drunken noodles, protein of choice, Thai hot. You will not be disappointed. My lunch today, in fact:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Thai hot is the minimum level. Get a bowl of Nam Prik Nam Pla and dunk your chicken bits in it. Nom, nom, nom.

Back when my tolerance was @eric strt6 level, I’d order double Indian hot at the local place. A Mexican joint used to serve homemade habanero salsa. I’d eat the entire bowl.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My a knife whore? Never

I usually just use my 8" Benchmade Chef's knife and my Lamson Chinese clever, but have a cheapi Nakiri I dig but would like to replace with some nicer steel and kinda want to try Lamson's smaller Chinese cleaver. My dad bought me a bunch of Kramer Damascus knives which I can't get rid of, but just don't like using, so my knife pile is huge, but the only ones that ever get used are never in said pile.

Ventura County, unfortunately close to LA. LA smells like piss and costs too much.

@stoney was actually considering getting rid of my free-diving shit as I haven't been in years. Not sure how much weight I've got on my weight belt, but if you want some diving weights I'll send them to you instead of Goodwill. I also have a couple spears, not sure if those are allowed in karting though
I could use some good kitchen knives if you wanna help a brother out.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, Sunrun is sending me a $500 check because they can't seem to get my system functioning at 100%, so I have an electric bill and payment for the panels. Got the "we've fucked up and we're going to fix it" from my sales guy, so hats off to them for that. Though my preference would be to not deal with it... But hey, $500 is $500.

Plus the meeting I was excited for was really good. Need to have them over one of these days.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This. We have a 10yr old set of Calphalon knives (wedding gift) that I cannot keep sharp at this point.

Steak knives too.
I'm in about the same boat, except I'm still able to keep mine sharp. 4 santoku knives (3", 4" two 7" ones for some reason) a paring knife, a large bread knife, and a small serrated knife

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Gonna have to be more specific. Which knives are you looking for? Stainless or carbon steel? What's your preferred method of cutting, up and down or rocking? You like heavier knives or lighter?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Gonna have to be more specific. Which knives are you looking for? Stainless or carbon steel? What's your preferred method of cutting, up and down or rocking? You like heavier knives or lighter?
I'm basically a caveman, as long as I keep them sharp I can use them.

technique really depends on what I'm cutting. small stuff the santokus have enough curve for rocking, big stuff will be up/down or slice, depending on if it's meat vs veggie, etc

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Sure, send an address.

Wait a minute...

I maybe accidentally another le creuset
Uh, sounds like maybe you don't qualify for my knife distribution charity. I, a poor person, own only 2 LeCruset pans. Perhaps you should use your exorbitant wealth to buy a decent stabber, like this https://homebutcher.com/collections/greg-cimms-knives/products/greg-cimms-210mm-wafflemai-eastern-k-tip-chef

Oh, and just to underscore my knife issue, and how I'm totally not a knife whore, my "camper" knives are Shun.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Well, Sunrun is sending me a $500 check because they can't seem to get my system functioning at 100%, so I have an electric bill and payment for the panels. Got the "we've fucked up and we're going to fix it" from my sales guy, so hats off to them for that. Though my preference would be to not deal with it... But hey, $500 is $500.

Plus the meeting I was excited for was really good. Need to have them over one of these days.

What's the issue? Just not making the power it should be?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sure, send an address.

Wait a minute...

Uh, sounds like maybe you don't qualify for my knife distribution charity. I, a poor person, own only 2 LeCruset pans. Perhaps you should use your exorbitant wealth to buy a decent stabber, like this https://homebutcher.com/collections/greg-cimms-knives/products/greg-cimms-210mm-wafflemai-eastern-k-tip-chef

Oh, and just to underscore my knife issue, and how I'm totally not a knife whore, my "camper" knives are Shun.
in all fairness, I haven't paid retail for any of my LC stuff. the 2 skillets I got last month were free (service anniversary gift through work), and the stock pot I just ordered I paid about 25% of MSRP (20% off cyber Monday sale, plus cashed out some more recognition award points from work for gift cards).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm basically a caveman, as long as I keep them sharp I can use them.

technique really depends on what I'm cutting. small stuff the santokus have enough curve for rocking, big stuff will be up/down or slice, depending on if it's meat vs veggie, etc
Victorinox fibrox series stuff is pretty solid. It ain't pretty, but it's affordable and functional.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Victorinox fibrox series stuff is pretty solid. It ain't pretty, but it's affordable and functional.
I'm just starting to explore the world of ///Cutlery. I want to get an idea of what would be best for me for what/how I use things before I drop that kind of change.

I did just buy a set of messermeister avanta steak knives as an xmas gift for my parents.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I like my Shun santoku. it is pretty and it cuts well enough

good enough for basic ol' me

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What's the issue? Just not making the power it should be?
Only half the system is delivering power. I have individual modules on each panel, so it's not production. But it's not feeding the power from half the system, so there's likely a wiring or junction box issue.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Only half the system is delivering power. I have individual modules on each panel, so it's not production. But it's not feeding the power from half the system, so there's likely a wiring or junction box issue.
They haven't just sent a crew out to unfuck it?

Maybe I should stop bitching about my install, at least they're coming out to remove all the panels and reinstall the correct array. Sunrun was great, right up until they actually started doing work, fucking noobs I tell ya

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Had to wait for this herd to cross the road so I could get to my mailbox, which do you want me to ship to your woods?
View attachment 185523
I can't see elk butt and not think of these coats.

filson-packer-coat-lumberjack-777x1024.jpg

I'd still rock the hell out of one though.

EDIT: That dude totally put on his freshest outdoor adventure man outfit, smelling like the Dreft his wife washes it in, to go prune their Kousa dogwoods outside of the suburban Cleveland townhouse. :rofl:

Last edited: