Quantcast

‘‘π¬∆‹««© -- Monday GTM -- ∫««¥ƒ®®†¥

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They haven't just sent a crew out to unfuck it?

Maybe I should stop bitching about my install, at least they're coming out to remove all the panels and reinstall the correct array. Sunrun was great, right up until they actually started doing work, fucking noobs I tell ya
They have. It just stopped again and the project manager on it went dark for 3 weeks.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Serious question. What is the big deal with fancy kitchen knives? We have a hndful of prolly 20-30 year old Japanese department store bought “hochos” and my dad’s carving knife that is as old as me. The wife keeps them all sharp and I definitely have my favorites amongst them, but never found my self thinking “god, do i need a fancy kitchen knife!” What am I missing?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Serious question. What is the big deal with fancy kitchen knives? We have a hndful of prolly 20-30 year old Japanese department store bought “hochos” and my dad’s carving knife that is as old as me. The wife keeps them all sharp and I definitely have my favorites amongst them, but never found my self thinking “god, do i need a fancy kitchen knife!” What am I missing?
You're missing nothing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Same as any task requiring tools. The ones you like doing, you buy quality, reliable tools and the ones you don't, you go to Harbor Freight.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If yours survived 3 decades of regular use, they’re probably on par with most of the fancy ones we’re talking about today. That’s a part reason why I buy fancier knives, they last.

I cook every day, most days twice a day, my knives get a lot of use. Being comfortable in the hand and being made of good steel that holds and edge so I don’t wear the blade to nothing from resharpening makes the slightly Gucci knives worth the investment. My main squeeze, the Benchmade, has been my daily knife for about a decade, it was like $125, my newer Lamson clever gets a lot of use and I believe it was $90 on sale. Worth it to me the way a good bike is worth $7k to me, probably not necessary, but if you have the means, I highly recommend it