Quantcast

‘22 Fox DHX2 SLS Spring Sizing/Hardware Help?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, I have one. I have a ‘22 Fox DHX2. I just ordered an SLS spring, which doesn’t quite fit the existing plastic spacer/ ‘bottom’ of the spring. The spring I am running now measures (roughly) 37mm interior diameter, and the new SLS spring runs (roughly) 35mm.
What will I need to get this running properly? I have done a crapload of googling, and haven’t found the answer. Did I order an older size SLS spring?
or do I just need a different sized bottom spring retainer (with the circlip)?
Pics tomorrow if this is unclear.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Ok, I have one. I have a ‘22 Fox DHX2. I just ordered an SLS spring, which doesn’t quite fit the existing plastic spacer/ ‘bottom’ of the spring. The spring I am running now measures (roughly) 37mm interior diameter, and the new SLS spring runs (roughly) 35mm.
What will I need to get this running properly? I have done a crapload of googling, and haven’t found the answer. Did I order an older size SLS spring?
or do I just need a different sized bottom spring retainer (with the circlip)?
Pics tomorrow if this is unclear.
I’m not aware of any differences in sls springs. Maybe just tolerances and you could force it on there? Got any pics? I swap springs around all the time and haven’t noticed this.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I got it figured out. The aftermarket spring I had on there had it’s own reducer system, once I took that apart, everything made sense.
It was an Eibach spring with an odd reducer thing. It was the only one I could find last summer…(I was able to order the Fox shock body, but not the spring)

Last edited:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I got it figured out. The aftermarket spring I had on there had it’s own reducer system, once I took that apart, everything made sense.
It was an Eibach spring with an odd reducer thing. It was the only one I could find last summer…(I was able to order the Fox shock body, but not the spring)

Yeah, SAR has a separate POM spacer just for the '21 and newer DHX2