Quantcast

“La Olympiques Deux Mille Vingt-Quatre”

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I vant to make a Post on “Olympics”,but do not know where,or how to lay it out? BMX,XC,plus all other events. I am Ready. Right now I am in Heaven with Euro Cup,and Copa Cup Football. But a stitch in time,will save you nine.

Just one Thread? Let it Grow?

What Forum should it be In?

The question: The wife wants All Photos on CD or whatever it is they put it on? I’m talkin a Fucking Pirates Gold Chest. A Shit Ton. I don’t even think I can afford it? However,I need to go forward. I ask All Monkeys:

Have any of you done this?
I’m all ear’s.

Avy

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Are the pictures already digital?

I suppose you could burn them in batches on DVDs, but copying to 2 hard drives and the cloud would be the ideal back up scenario if you want to be safe.

If they're not digital you're fucked ;)

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Are the pictures already digital?

I suppose you could burn them in batches on DVDs, but copying to 2 hard drives and the cloud would be the ideal back up scenario if you want to be safe.

If they're not digital you're fucked ;)
No they are not digital. I was thinking someone did that service from those companies that do it for you.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Stupid expensive and low quality.
Thank You Brother.

There is this one company I keep hearing on AM radio as I drive at work. There is another one on FM,so Avy at this point,is thinking I could use this service? It is Alot of work,no? I just wondered if any Monkeys did this? I will call them and give a up date. It is not looking good for Avy at this point.

Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

DPI quality is important when scanning old photos but to be honest it sounds like a vanity project (i.e is your sweetie going to make NEW photos from the archive...)
i've found the common scanning standard in the publishing industry to be 300dpi @ 8x10 inches. most good scanners can achieve that, but yes, if it's going to be a lot of images it's going to take a lot of time.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My dad had a bunch of slides scanned many years ago, and the quality is pretty acceptable. Maybe because the source material was slide? I think 35mm, not sure. I have a copy and it’s pretty neat having some early photos of my family in a format I can enjoy. I do probably (definitely) need to get a backup made.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
My dad had a bunch of slides scanned many years ago, and the quality is pretty acceptable. Maybe because the source material was slide? I think 35mm, not sure. I have a copy and it’s pretty neat having some early photos of my family in a format I can enjoy. I do probably (definitely) need to get a backup made.
Yeah Full Trucker,I too have many slides. My Sister has most All slides/photo’s of family living in SA and All Travels. These fucking photo’s Avy is told,are in the Trunk of her car! I just fount out. This is not even the same matter as the Wife(her family) chest. The matter at hand. You just hit a wire on Avy with you’re thought, and I to had share.

I would think Slides would be better to covert? I would be more than happy if they made you content Brother. I’m not picky,just tryin to preserve memories. Also,I would cry like a grown man if you showed Avy All those photos Of me and my Travels? Shit. So many. I don’t have the words. I do have one photo. It is my fovorite. I had it so long,I don’t know when I got it? It has faded bad,but still good. I can post if summond.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
i've found the common scanning standard in the publishing industry to be 300dpi @ 8x10 inches. most good scanners can achieve that, but yes, if it's going to be a lot of images it's going to take a lot of time.
So how much Brother? Is the paper what kills you?

Avy