Quantcast

“La Olympiques Deux Mille Vingt-Quatre”

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
yeah. We know. :drag:

After maybe a lap and a half It was an incredibly dull race. You didn't really miss anything. no one cares who came second.
I thought men's XC was tomrrow?
That was a ruff comment. Always Late to the Party am I? I am feeling some Hate Gary.

The BBC Roadie Lance Lover said,next weekend for Men’s. I am looking to confirm.

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
No hate bruv. Latecomers are always welcome at my parties

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
No hate bruv. Latecomers are always welcome at my parties
Canada women’s soccer with the Drone? Man,talk about throwing it all away? 2 1 over France.

USA Rugby is looking Crazy.

Yo,this PingPong serve is crazy. I wonder if they handle their eggs like the ball when cooking eggs?
He‘s ready for the crack! Nice form,and he goes for the high crack!

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Olympic football is just a bit weird to me with it being U23 but not all U23. But with Scotland, England, Wales and N. Ireland being completely excluded from even qualifying. it's strange anyway.

And isn't the rugby sevens? I used to love playing sevens. but didn't ever follow it as a viewer/supporter.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Olympic football is just a bit weird to me with it being U23 but not all U23. But with Scotland, England, Wales and N. Ireland being completely excluded from even qualifying. it's strange anyway.

And isn't the rugby sevens? I used to love playing sevens. but didn't ever follow it as a supporter.
What? England is not in? I did not know about this U23 matter?

I have no idea about sevens? Sorry.

I am not in Favor in any sport being a Pro and doing the Games. It did not use tobe this way. Was it not Hockey that caused this whole tizzy fit years ago?

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I am not in Favor in any sport being a Pro and doing the Games. It did not use to be this way. Was it not Hockey that caused this whole tizzy fit years ago?
They allowed Professional sports people in back in the 80s. Didn't realise it was hockey they bowed down to. TBF the whole thing is a farce. and was previous to IOC uplifting those restrictions anyway.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
IOC does not recognise our countries as separate nations and there is no GB football team.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
They allowed Professional sports people in back in the 80s. Didn't realise it was hockey they bowed down to. TBF the whole thing is a farce. and was previous to IOC uplifting those restrictions anyway.
No Gary,it is not a farce. I understand how you feel,I feel the same way with dumb ass people in charge. This ain’t no farce though. This is a lifetime for the athletes.

We,(the public)have to shift through all the Bullshit to find joy in the Games. To honor those who are there.

I take the line of Russel: Are you not entertained?

Even as is,you still see upset’s on a Major Platform,the World Brother!

Like when USA beat the MotherLand in Hockey. Oh the shame.

Or USA Basketball going down in a Ball of Flames. Oh the shame.

Or USA BaseBall vs the Mighty Cubans. Oh the shame.

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
WAKEY WAKEY @Avy

Mens XC is today
13:30 GMT (or three and a half hours from now)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WAKEY WAKEY @Avy

Mens XC is today
13:30 GMT (or three and a half hours from now)
I wonder if any of us recreational MTB enthusiasts could compete in this race if we rode an e-bike. I rode a demo over the weekend...fast and effortless. I think most of us have plenty of bike skills to handle the course, but could we go fast enough on an e-bike?

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I wonder if any of us recreational MTB enthusiasts could compete in this race if we rode an e-bike. I rode a demo over the weekend...fast and effortless. I think most of us have plenty of bike skills to handle the course, but could we go fast enough on an e-bike?
Easily... But depends on your definition of an "e bike"
Off the shelf restricted Emtb. Nope.
Suron. Nae bother.

Last edited:

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
This race is pretty much the polar opposite of the women's yesterday

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I watched some of that the other day, and it's pretty well executed. It's cool if you're not super into anything that's on- pingpong is moderately interesting at times and skateboarding is boring as hell in between "efforts". They all just stand around and then somebody does a kickflip and then it cuts to a commercial.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anybody watching the Women's XC ?
Lap 3 and (mechanicals excepted) the win is looking wrapped up already

Course looks absolutely rubbish with the exception of a few manmade "technical" features but I don't suppose Paris would ever feature on any mtb riders wishlist as a destination.

BBC has (local WC XC racer) Isla Short commentating, and she's not bad but alongside the usual BBC approved roadie dinosaur commentator who's clearly never ridden a mountainbike in his life. Going on about "dropper pins" and "Sustrans cycle paths". it's fucking dire.
agreed. course looked so lame... they held surfing in Tahiti, so why not host the mtb race in the moutains? it's not like France is lacking... and with a TGV, they could still stay in the Olympic village for the rest of the competition...
Ya fucker! I know XC racers try to use the descents to recover but Lecompte's just taken a wee sleep at the bottom of the log staircase :blink:
After maybe a lap and a half It was an incredibly dull race.
gravel course with a few pretty sketch technical sections. Lecomptes's crash was unnecessary, and I noticed quite a few broken rims.
I thought men's XC was tomrrow?
I waited for the race to be done, and pulled up the replay. Went about my work day with one earbud in, and swapped to the stream when the announcers piped up. could ffwd through the laps too, to see if anything changed. wouldn't call it an exciting race, but it was decent.

The finish was decent I guess. that pass was picture perfect. if anything, Koretzky should have known that inside line was coming, and he should have taken it himself to shut the door on it. I'm sure he knows it too, and doesn't bear ill-will... A buddy I ride with whose a wee bit competitive rides like that. I heard his voice in my head saying "rubbin's racin'"...
French crowd booing Pidcock
man, the French have been in fine form this year... booing Argentinians everytime they see a jersey. so much for the "spirit of the games".

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
agreed. course looked so lame... they held surfing in Tahiti, so why not host the mtb race in the moutains? it's not like France is lacking... and with a TGV, they could still stay in the Olympic village for the rest of the competition...
They did the same shit for the London Olympics. Using some fucking field in Essex. a laughably flat region in the South East of England an hour or so from London. When it's only a couple of hours drive from London to Wales where there are tons of world class mtb trails

Pricks!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I don't know if anyone watches handball here, but I used to play in high school. I love that sport. just watched the womens match between Korea and Germany. That was some tough playing... oof

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I don't know if anyone watches handball here, but I used to play in high school. I love that sport. just watched the womens match between Korea and Germany. That was some tough playing... oof
I watch handball sly. Great game,never played, but do enjoy. I have not seen Handball in the Games yet,but thanks for sharing so I know.

When I think of HandBall,I thinks of New York.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
They did the same shit for the London Olympics. Using some fucking field in Essex. a laughably flat region in the South East of England an hour or so from London. When it's only a couple of hours drive from London to Wales where there are tons of world class mtb trails

Pricks!
Gary,again thank you for the Wakey to Avy. I was able to get 4 of 8 Laps on Record. I have rewatched it many times now. To look at the course,the riders,the pace. I have to say that was Very Good.

The pace of the last 3 riders I had a feeling the French Rider was Not Done. I was on pins and needles I was you Cunt!

The S.African was a Stud. He had me thinking is he got somfin In the Tank as well?

Koretzky had it,just gave it up. He could have bounced off Pidcock after contact,but just laid into him and then tried to recover. He had a Ton of Room to bounce off and stay on track downhill. Pidcock was going for Gold,amazing he was there. I think Koretzky was Plum Tired? He was Mashin,then got his Breath and Came Back,then Lost it in the last turn possible. Brutal,such is the Sport. What a Race. Wish I had seent it all.

Pidcock is a National Hero and rightfully so. What a Race!

Never heard a Crowd Boo the Winner. Not on this Stage.

I did not even see the mech problem? 45 Seconds back? What happened?

Tired now and still have thoughts to come.

Avy