Quantcast

“Satuday GMT”

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
mow the grass then get a quick ride in before heading out to the backcountry for some native trout on the fly rod. Be good out there my fellow internet friends and try to be nice to others.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I got up at 4:15 this morning to get my run in before sunrise. It was still very warm and very humid, and the fucking BUGS were relentless. I had to stop my run at 7 miles because I just couldn't take the swarming bugs any longer. I'll run a few more miles later today on the high school track where bugs are minimal but sun is 100% unshaded. In the meantime, it's another Saturday in the office for me.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I got up at 4:15 this morning to get my run in before sunrise. It was still very warm and very humid, and the fucking BUGS were relentless. I had to stop my run at 7 miles because I just couldn't take the swarming bugs any longer. I'll run a few more miles later today on the high school track where bugs are minimal but sun is 100% unshaded. In the meantime, it's another Saturday in the office for me.
would run in plastic bubble to avoid bugs.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This morning's ride started just like the last night's one ended - hot, humid, with bugs. Thunderstorms in the forecast will put a cap on house projects today.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Last full day in Seattle so Thai food tonight, of course.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Booze purge ride complete.
Missed a turn and that turned ride into epic, against the flow bonkfest.
Floating in the ocean should be acceptable rest of the day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

SLC in July, in our camper, with no hookups, made for a rather uncomfortable night.

Now we wait till we can check into our campsite and 3 PM and enjoy the sweet, sweet AC.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Family heading home. They have been here all week, been out shooting, camping, hiking and fishing.

Little brother also made it and surprised me by flying g up. He thought it was funny as hell to climb in my bed and wake me up...... he almost got punched

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
remind me where you're at in vacationland...
I'm back home in MA today, coast north of boston.
Spent 4th at buddies lake house in Belgrade lakes area.
My camp is on coast in Woolwich, basically midway between Bath and Wiscassett.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent a chunk of yesterday at bike shops with Haley. She is definitely ready for a 24". Going to put together a kids bike thread in a bit here...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Are you ever going to join the 'real' world again?
I will in September :cray:

Wifey and I will be in Colorado through July, then work our way east, up into Canada, then drive south through Maine and into MA where we commence living with my in-la....err, roomates.

All in all I will have been out of work since last June. No regrats.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Flying to my hometown for grampa’s funeral today. My girlfriend and her sister are driving from RI, so they dropped my gal off in IN with my P’s this afternoon since it was on the way. Now I’m at the gate before they started boarding... Having a beer, collecting my thoughts.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I will in September :cray:

Wifey and I will be in Colorado through July, then work our way east, up into Canada, then drive south through Maine and into MA where we commence living with my in-la....err, roomates.

All in all I will have been out of work since last June. No regrats.
And you never made it through here?
Or did you?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
And you never made it through here?
Or did you?
We passed through last summer. Spent maybe 3 or so days in the Tetons before jetting up to Glacier.

We did the Lake Solitude hike into the Tetons which may be the most incredible hike I've done in my life, replete with appearances by a griz and bull moose.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cards Against Humanity and vodka ftw. Great way to finish up some brisket for dinner with friends over.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
walked a total of 9 miles today. finished off with a brisk hour walk. My ankle is pissed off at me. It's not bad for 14 weeks after breaking my ankle I just wish the stupid thing would stop hurting. I can push though the discomfort but damn is it annoying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We passed through last summer. Spent maybe 3 or so days in the Tetons before jetting up to Glacier.

We did the Lake Solitude hike into the Tetons which may be the most incredible hike I've done in my life, replete with appearances by a griz and bull moose.

I was disturbed by the number of people at lake solitude. However I will argue that the hike from Death Canyon Shelf to Lake Solitude is pretty damn awesome.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yes, it is.
But there is also a few million acres of national forest and wilderness to get lost in and see not a single human soul, even on the busiest of tourist days.
You just gotta get a few miles away from the Valley.

How is your thumb?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yes, it is.
But there is also a few million acres of national forest and wilderness to get lost in and see not a single human soul, even on the busiest of tourist days.
You just gotta get a few miles away from the Valley.

How is your thumb?
I did a 6 day backpacking trip through the Tetons a decade ago. It was possibly the best week of my life. Would have stayed there had I enough food. The back country was amazing but the solitude was broken when we skirted the edge and were within a day hike.

Thumb still sucks but I can at least now do short rides.