Quantcast

††††††† Praise the lord for -- Sunday -- off from work GTM ®®®®®®

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Never go to Center Village in the morning. That lift there was ski-on when we went to it at 11:30-ish.
I don't care. I just like giving shit to anyone who needs to justify anything beyond "I had fun skiing today"

I know city folks and flatlanders are in a constant state of competition with each other though, each trying to win their adventure more than their neighbors. Where things like "I skied onto the lift" and "parked right up front" win points beyond just enjoying yourself. ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is this anything like mountain folks and their snow competition? ;)
Exactly

I literally only do that to make fun of rideit's snowblower. Getting a grown ass man to go "oh yeah? Well it's better snow and there's more of it here so nyah"

Makes my fucking day every time :rofl:

I actually checked hardware stores for a single stager to clear the fresh snow off my roof like westy suggested. I need to get it away from the house because I'm digging out windows at this point. Those dumb battery powered ones are the only ones I can find anymore.

Says the non-skier, I presume? :D
I support his notion because I ski. There's nothing worse for skiing and mountain communities than vail/alterra

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Says the non-skier, I presume? :D
Some people think that only things they like to do should exist. I for one feel we need more golf courses, ski resorts, spas, yoga studios, crossfit gyms, and shopping malls to keep the people I don't like away from the places I like to do things.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Some people think that only things they like to do should exist. I for one feel we need more golf courses, ski resorts, spas, yoga studios, crossfit gyms, and shopping malls to keep the people I don't like away from the places I like to do things.
I think we should keep the exact same amount of ski areas and just sell more and more passes to more and more people, and even ones that incentivize people from out of the area coming. And pretend like distant shareholder returns are 'community jerbs', and that quaint 1970s infrastructure won't crumble under the demand.

What you just described is why I don't go near mountainbiking anymore :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have you considered just telling her that an $80k depreciating asset is a completely moronic idea?
Hence why I tend to get by with the already depreciated used, off lease ones. The Infiniti was off lease and her only luxury car to date.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I rode today with buddy Mike. It was good. First ride since around Halloween. Ooof.
Then, after, somebody backed into my car and smooshed the passenger front quarter, like saa-moooshed.
Heck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
they're talking fluctuating snow levels by saturday but it's supposed to snow all week.

What it really means is that I have to get some more snow off before any of that happens.

This is good right?

View attachment 190439
:dislike:
I rode today with buddy Mike. It was good. First ride since around Halloween. Ooof.
Then, after, somebody backed into my car and smooshed the passenger front quarter, like saa-moooshed.
Heck.
:like: to the ride. :dislike: to the Allroad squashing.

What you just described is why I don't go near mountainbiking anymore :rofl:
have you considered taking up e-biking

i hear those who do it enjoy it

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I probably rode an ebike before you did.

Only I made the correct decision and bought a dirtbike afterwords.
When did you lose your e-bike virginity?

I built one up with parts from ebikes.ca back in 2008 or 2009. thread from March 2009:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
When did you lose your e-bike virginity?

I built one up with parts from ebikes.ca back in 2008 or 2009. thread from March 2009:

Oh god. You 'win.' By a longshot

I should have known I had no chance of out dorking you. ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Made the mistake of calling my stepmother. Forgot that now that my father is dead she feels it is her responsibility to convince me of worn out right wing conspiracy theories.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh god. You 'win.' By a longshot

I should have known I had no chance of out dorking you. ;)
I've been consistently right* for so many years, it's tiring. :D

* from my own "unique" perspective, heh

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've been consistently right* for so many years, it's tiring. :D
You have 'horrendously wrong earlier' confused with right I think.

It's a bit like bragging about being a russian antisemite before the nazis. Yeah you may have claim to the protocols of the elders being first and stuff but that shouldn't really be the goal.

I rode a 29er in 1999 and I learned the correct lesson.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Nah, too big and too black for my liking. ;)

Seriously, nice ride! Lots of seatpost showing, did you get a too small frame?

If this happened in front of me, I would legit pull out the driver of that jeep and murder him.

And then thank his corpse for at least hitting the tesla first
ain't nobody heard of them that things called chains that are kind of useful on icy roads?