Quantcast

†††††† 2023 Sunday GTM I declared this the year of the Ridemonkey ««««««««

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Rode two days in a row and worked out way too hard, drank too much. Arms and pecs are wrecked. Had a huge helping of tirimisu and now having trouble getting to sleep. 2023 off to a good start!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I went and rode somewhere I hadn't ridden for a couple of years, holy crap it was a battle, getting a body that is 30% fat up pinch climbs takes work.
Also, Asparagus weed is taking over at a great rate and there was a fair bit of temp fencing up at the edge of trails due to mine subsidence.
-6389114606770315873.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

Working my 7th day of 7 (because lots of moonlighting overtime--today is a regular call day shift, though, albeit doing it from home because I love to flout the rules and because we have fully remote faculty in other states so it clearly works).

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
:wave:

Here. Our snow cover melted to almost nothing. Crazy weather I tell ya.

I shall apply sealer to cabinet doors. Living the dream.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
asleep by 0930 . after an hour on the spin bike and 45 minutes of weight lifting I was wiped out. There is a yellow orb in the sky so I may take the road bike out. All the trails will be muck after 8" of rain in less than 48 hours so forget that concept.

But first an espresso or two and some food

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Rode, rigid. Def did not feel on and aggressive; had to self-moderate.

Didn't party last night but did watch family double feature of Knives out and the Weird Al movie. Fireworks till late so no good sleep and the dog was restless so he got some midnight cuddles.

There was a surprise dry season rain storm last night so I figured the cosmos was ordering me to sample the dirt.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I thought the AdamAns were fairly lame this year as compared to years past...you?
Probably the first time in a decade I've stayed up late enough to watch. Used to watch from on top of the hangar when I was working nights. I thought the cloud layer made it pretty damn neat actually. Better than I recall from back in the day, at least.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Early bed last night, still woke up tired and a little hungover. Skied a few hours in more fresh, heavy, wettish snow so I’m more tired now than before. I plan to spend the rest of the day with Teh Spousal Unit™ relaxing and stuff.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
What is up with this "went to bed early" on NYE? No party, :monkey:?
Went to bed at 1:30 on 1/1 and got up at 5:30 to drive 800+ km back to DK. Most folks slept in, so traffic was nearly non-existant. :banana: