Quantcast

†††† Maundy Thursday GTM ∆∆∆∆

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just sitting in the lounge chair getting fatter by the day. Not easy when you are damn hungry and can't move but not too long before I can hit the gym I hope.

Easter is a big holiday around and office is closed until Monday. We have old neighbours from Brooklyn coming by who now live in Oslo.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Really liking the look of these new Contis. Slightly annoying my current tyres are both pretty new. Guess I just need to ride moar.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Looks like our layoffs are done for another 6 months. Back to back negative tests mean I should be back in the game, just in time for the weather to get rainy again. Also, covid brain fog sucks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Drama at work. We might be losing 2/5 of our team in tight succession here due to retirement and personal issues. 1/5 of this arising yesterday. This wknd is the 1yr anniversary of my boss's wife dying, so he doesn't have the capacity to deal with it right now. I've picked up a bunch of the non-personnel related managerial load for the next little bit here. Dude is just getting hit back to back with shit right now.

Still on hunt for a new bike. I really like Wifey's bike, but I keep falling back to the Yeti. So, I'm just going to capitulate and get the bike I've wanted the whole time - the Yeti.

:wave:

Booked our Airbnb for CO trip 7/29-8/5.
Took the day off job #1 to deliver seed for job #2.
Hey, I'll be here! And we can have a bday party for @Nick too!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Howdy friends!

I think I've come to the conclusion that recycling is a largely futile effort, yet I still feel a moral responsibility to recycle.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
half day at work. dump run. lowes run to get replacement drainage hose for dishwasher. maybe hang with a buddy later. such excite. hopefully a local ride tomorrow . . .

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Heat and AC guys did a good job, but left some tools behind. We are still a bit off from using the new AC, but tested it and it seems to be functional.

My garage got half way cleaned in support of the effort and I might actually clean it all the way. My issue is it seems I'm kind of a pack rat. There are things I bought and haven't used and might not ever, yet I might eventually. :rofl:

Also lot of "to be installed" Frita items I need to organize and either install or donate.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
that's how you become a hoarder
Our neighbors had a garage sale last weekend and cleared a bunch of stuff, but more importantly, about $650. That's enough for Wifey to have decided to go through the closets. There are a lot of clothes from Hannah and her laid out on the guest bed already and she apparently she still has more to go through. I get to run through the downstairs storage and my clothes, but that should be relatively quick.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Our neighbors had a garage sale last weekend and cleared a bunch of stuff, but more importantly, about $650. That's enough for Wifey to have decided to go through the closets. There are a lot of clothes from Hannah and her laid out on the guest bed already and she apparently she still has more to go through. I get to run through the downstairs storage and my clothes, but that should be relatively quick.
Since our bathroom reno also included the closet, wife and I are going through our clothes before we put anything back.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is it worth the hassle of having a garage sale for clothes? We just donate our clothes to whatever local shelter has their bin out.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't do garage sales. $650 is nice for sure, but having to deal with folks around here, that isn't nearly enough. If it's nice, Goodwill, otherwise dump.

I also have odd stuff like a box of 24awg primary wires in 6 colors, but it's way too small a gauge to use for anything I do. Yet it's been on my bench for 4 years. :rofl:

I have made 3 trips to Goodwill and 2 to the dump this weekend.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not in our house... but that's mostly 'cause anything we might get rid of is tattered. :D
There's been some "out growing" of very expensive, yet within current style range clothes. Also things like a bouncy house, kids toys, etc. Raina's clothes got almost entirely sold and Wifey has an very similar style. I would expect a lot to be sold properly. And given we don't get beyond the standard deduction, we'll take the coin.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There's been some "out growing" of very expensive, yet within current style range clothes. Also things like a bouncy house, kids toys, etc. Raina's clothes got almost entirely sold and Wifey has an very similar style. I would expect a lot to be sold properly. And given we don't get beyond the standard deduction, we'll take the coin.
for the outgrown kids clothes, we've taken to selling them as a lot on fb marketplace. we group by size, then style (sleepers, shorts, etc). have had a fair amount of luck.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't do garage sales. $650 is nice for sure, but having to deal with folks around here, that isn't nearly enough. If it's nice, Goodwill, otherwise dump.

I also have odd stuff like a box of 24awg primary wires in 6 colors, but it's way too small a gauge to use for anything I do. Yet it's been on my bench for 4 years. :rofl:

I have made 3 trips to Goodwill and 2 to the dump this weekend.
Open at 8, shut down at 12. You get the professionals who come through and get the good stuff, then you get rid of the rest.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Heat and AC guys did a good job
Did they fix the shared circuit issue?
Send photos and sizes to me or Jessica. She's constantly buying used clothes, it appears, judging from my PayPal transactions.

/me got a trailer hitch installed on the minivan, ate some scalding hot but delicious soup dumplings, and will Peloton soon. POWER ZONES yo.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a daddy-daughter day scheduled tomorrow. Wife has work and son has daycare. I was hoping to squire my daughter about downtown boston, possibly visiting the MFA and eating weird food in the city. BUT six flags new england is open....I'm awfully tempted to ride some roller coasters with the kid...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I have a daddy-daughter day scheduled tomorrow. Wife has work and son has daycare. I was hoping to squire my daughter about downtown boston, possibly visiting the MFA and eating weird food in the city. BUT six flags new england is open....I'm awfully tempted to ride some roller coasters with the kid...
check ride height requirements before you go