Quantcast

†††† Maundy Thursday GTM ∆∆∆∆

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
IMO, the importance going forward is its ability to combat severe illness... not so much its ability to prevent infection.
If that's still the major motivation - the new variants are quite different from the original ones regarding the symptoms - I truly hope that a booster is not required every 3-4 months.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Did they fix the shared circuit issue?
I have not heard from the electrician yet, but the pump itself is on its own circuit. They put in an outside plug and they plugged the AC into that to test it. The AC was too much for that circuit because we have the whole office running off it usually.

So as it stands I will be able to plug the Christmas lights into it, but power tools are likely out of the question.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
If that's still the major motivation - the new variants are quite different from the original ones regarding the symptoms - I truly hope that a booster is not required every 3-4 months.
If it helps and is recommended, I'm fine with it... I've scheduled my 2nd booster for next Monday, because I'd like to minimize the chances of COVID fucking up my summer travel. It will have been almost 5 months on the nose that I'll be getting the 2nd boost.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If it helps and is recommended, I'm fine with it... I've scheduled my 2nd booster for next Monday, because I'd like to minimize the chances of COVID fucking up my summer travel. It will have been almost 5 months on the nose that I'll be getting the 2nd boost.
If you want to minimize impact on your summer travel, get infected with BA.2 now. I don't think the vaccines do jack shit for preventing the infection anymore.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today was a good day karting. Haley set a new PR in adult karts - she broke 24 seconds/lap (24.012 > 23.916). Mind I'm consistently 22.75-23.5 range, to give speed context. And Reese dropped .6 in her jr karts as well.

These girls are getting faster, fast.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Was able to attend a demo for RC Mowers. Got on the sticks for a solid 45 minutes and mowed the shit out of a pond bank. They told me to try and break it. Haha by the end it wouldn't start and the battery seemed to be not holding a charge. They say it can handle a 50 degree slope. Was like playing pac-man. That unit is the cheap one and comes in around 45k.

Resized_20220414_091556.jpeg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
That sounds fun as shit, but maybe they aren’t ready for prime time yet?
They told me the limits and I took it beyond their recommendations. They had a bigger model that came with a winch installed. (75k). It would have handled the 1-2" brush and tress I think. I tried taking mine through some willows and it would hack em off but leave stabbers. I mowed so much steep slopes that would be impossible otherwise, just standing there running the sticks.

Resized_20220414_100337.jpeg