Quantcast

•°• Monday continued bullshit GMT •°•

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Standing here at work and felt a sharp pinch on my knee. A tick bit me. Dammit.

We've made a super difficult decision that Charlie, our orange cat, is going to be euthanized. While he can still goto the bathroom by himself and walks around occasionally, his blood work and whatnot shows that he is on the cusp.

For what it's worth, a month or so ago he was a chonky 17 pounds. He's down to 11. He won't eat, so we've been feeding him through a port in his neck. He's also now diabetic.

It's super sad, doubly so that this came out of left field, but it will be the best for him. The alternative are blood transfusions and lots of other work. It'll cost five figures, even with the girlfriend working I'm vet medicine. And during that or at the end, he might die anyways.

Luckily we/he have the ability to do it at home where he will be comfortable, not in a loud clinic or anything like that.

It's tough, but it will be for the best. Either tonight or tomorrow night.
Bummer... Sorry to hear it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Freakin lottery junkies held up the line at the convenience store while I was trying to purchase a delicious Mexican Coke to go with my lemon pepper, pan fried chicken and applewood bacon collard greens last night. Hmph

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my favorite things....hounds....east coast countryside....land development prevention

20221107_133804.jpg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Tis unusually warm outside this afternoon. Perhaps I should go sliding on wet leaves and acorns on my old tires. Nothing quite like the sensation of over shooting a corner and flying off trail to make one appreciate Fall. Yay bicycle !

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I fuckin dropped my phone in a giant tank of condensor water. Had to strip down and go in nipple deep to find it with my toes. Still works after 5 minutes in the tank. Haha I'd just dumped in the weekly dose of peroxide so I guess I am at least clean-ish.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
paging @Adventurous ... Timmah to the white courtesy phone.

:D
a riding story....from me...

when i moved to colorado....there were these trails by our apartment complex besides the paved bike path....so i hope on my canondale at the rime and go zipping on down...go to grab a handful of brakes at a turn nesr a dried up canal....nothing there...take a almost header 6 feet down....never hooked the brakes back up when i had it in my 65 beetle...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Made it to Rotorua last night, caught up with Cappela (A racer I've been sponsoring) she did alright at the DH on Sunday with a 3rd in under15 womens.
Just about to head off to the crankworks expo site to start setting up the Orbea stand.
Think this is going to be a busy week!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
who on here was talking about a jet ski....

wescott designs had a hitch mount sway away carriier for a jet ski at sema....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Evening folks. LOTS of teachers out today...I ended up subbing my lunch and both of my preps. My paycheck likes this but it's definitely exhausting. Fortunately, the kids were good otherwise we might not have made it to dismissal. Youngest daughter just made homemade pizza for dinner so that's a plus. Not enjoying it being dark already!!!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rainy day, only have grillible food in the house so that presents an issue. However I was organizing my office and found a box of Arcteryx rain shells a vendor gave me, so grilling it is! Nobody else wears a medium, so I guess I'm keeping all of them, added bonus they just put their logo on a velcro patch so those are already in the trash.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I start my one-on-one Spanish (online) lessons tonight.
Should be fun, but hard. We are getting into the more advanced stuff, like “I would have, if I had known” , complicated tenses, etc.
can‘t wait to butcher it horribly!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I start my one-on-one Spanish (online) lessons tonight.
Should be fun, but hard. We are getting into the more advanced stuff, like “I would have, if I had known” , complicated tenses, etc.
can‘t wait to butcher it horribly!
it has got to be easier than navajo