Quantcast

•·•·•·• Monday •·•·•·•

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I ride a small 575 and a small Niner so I am thinking small should fit (I'm 5'4")
Why are you so keen on getting a 29er?
It always amazes me that a lot of smaller riders seriously limit their possibilities to move their body around on the bike by going 29" wheels, especially for the rear wheel. Unless you use your mountain bike like a gravel bike, you have to go behind the saddle in steep stuff. A colleagues is on a 29er because her BF thought it was a good idea, and it is clearly visible on the rides how the bike hinders her learning progress in riding technical terrain.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Why are you so keen on getting a 29er?
It always amazes me that a lot of smaller riders seriously limit their possibilities to move their body around on the bike by going 29" wheels, especially for the rear wheel. Unless you use your mountain bike like a gravel bike, you have to go behind the saddle in steep stuff. A colleagues is on a 29er because her BF thought it was a good idea, and it is clearly visible on the rides how the bike hinders her learning progress in riding technical terrain.
Yeah, I have debated. I love riding my Niner HT but it is arguably too tall for me (I have to find a helper rock or tip it sideways a bit to stand). My first DH bike had a 24" rear and a 26" front. I am intrigued by the mullet builds but I haven't ridden them enough. I have never used a dropper post but SqEarl's new bike has one and it was great when I rode his so I didn't have trouble getting behind the saddle. (I have been known to jump off the back of my bike when I decide I don't really want to ride a steep section too lol)