Quantcast

••• taco Tuesday gmt •••

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I used dust seals and foam rings from a 2011+ SID service kit on a 2010 Reba last night when servicing the fork after it had sat unused for many years.

If I die on the first ride it's been fun.
pretty sure it was the same service kit for those forks, and maybe the pike?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Today is pancreatic cancer multidisciplinary clinic day, as is every Tuesday.

Then first rehearsal for the concert cycle with my wind ensemble. I have some very big parts in it. I hope I don't fuck it all up

:D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
pretty sure it was the same service kit for those forks, and maybe the pike?
It's still sold as a different kit for those years/forks. But my eyecrometer said the seals looked good enough versus the old ones.

What did and still is bugging me is the exploded diagram contradicts the non-explicit verbiage on assembly order :panic:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Fairly sure I followed the diagram when I re-assembled, so clearly I'm going to have to tear that leg apart again later.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
anybody know how long uhaul takes to install a hitch? I need to schedule an install and I'm not sure whether to drop off or wait around. I'd prefer to drop off but waiting will be more convenient. Just don't want to wait 4 hours...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
:wave:

Home today hanging out with sick kiddo. I suspect Raya and Mulan will be watched. She’s into anything with swords at the moment.
Have you seen the series Maya and the Three? It's a centro-america pastiche fantasy series. (By latinx people, so I guess the cultural mishmash is OK...I mean it's fantasy, so like LOTR, Conan, anything, it is gonna mix up historical and fantasy elements from various times and cultures...)

We found it entertaining enough if not profound.

1649178983770.png

Also if you haven't watched Kubo and the Two Strings or Princess Mononoke, also favorites. (I didn't like Mononoke the first time, but got into it in successive viewings. Spirited Away is also a top choice, but no swords.)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tax bill showed up. Not as bad as it could be and I am very happy Wifey has a side business with it's own retirement account to mitigate some impact. A lot comes back down to her company's fuck up last year that lead to a large 401k distribution to us - over half the due bill. So Wifey is discussing how they can still make us right off that, now that we have a number.

Solar guy is here doing the site survey.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
spent yesterday (as in the whole dogdam day) lying on my back caus' of severe back pain. resorted to morphine to keep it under control, and even then, only just barely.

then, after dinner my kids were kicking the soccer ball around and my oldest sort of tripped on the ball and wound up at the ER. End result was a broken scaphoid and a cast. He and my wife came home at 1am.

On the plus side, it's really nice out, and I had a doctors appointment. my back pain was under control, and I was able to walk there and back, which made for a nice 1.5 hour walk. Certain trails could be rideable this weekend I'd say...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I should be allowed to hit unproductive people with a shovel. If you don't want to do your job, that's fine, just do me a favor and stay home so you're not in my way when I inevitably have to do it for you. FTS

Hunh, absolutely no Tacos at the Puerto Vallarta airport. Strange. There is all sorts of other crap, though. Johnny Rockets? Blech
IME Mexican airports always have questionable food options, despite there being legit food literally everywhere, none makes it into the terminal. Ate at fucking Sbarro last time I was in Cabo, only time I've ever gotten sick in Mexico.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
anybody know how long uhaul takes to install a hitch? I need to schedule an install and I'm not sure whether to drop off or wait around. I'd prefer to drop off but waiting will be more convenient. Just don't want to wait 4 hours...
It took about 90 minutes when they did my RDX, IIRC. They had to cut off some of the rear bumper, it would have been faster otherwise, they have lots of practice.

This week is shaping up to be pretty ishty. Wife's sick, I am sick, the fence that we both hate having is going up between us and our obnoxious neighbors (gotta hide it with some $$$ plants), work is far from joyful and I need to finish the fucking taxes. Funnnn. Maybe I should just fly with the Muskiers to Mars. :think:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Tax bill showed up. Not as bad as it could be and I am very happy Wifey has a side business with it's own retirement account to mitigate some impact. A lot comes back down to her company's fuck up last year that lead to a large 401k distribution to us - over half the due bill. So Wifey is discussing how they can still make us right off that, now that we have a number.

Solar guy is here doing the site survey.
F, I've gotta finish my taxes. Still need to figure out which box to check in TurboTax to get the $3600 child tax credit, right now it's giving me a paltry $500.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It took about 90 minutes when they did my RDX, IIRC. They had to cut off some of the rear bumper, it would have been faster otherwise, they have lots of practice.

This week is shaping up to be pretty ishty. Wife's sick, I am sick, the fence that we both hate having is going up between us and our obnoxious neighbors (gotta hide it with some $$$ plants), work is far from joyful and I need to finish the fucking taxes. Funnnn. Maybe I should just fly with the Muskiers to Mars. :think:
Thanks. Mine likely doesn't require cutting the bumper, but probably drilling a hole and fishing the washers. Car is relatively new and clean so maybe it'll be easier.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
As things got more complex I just said fuck it and started paying for it. I'll gladly spent $1200 when I don't have to spend the time I don't really have to walk away better off. I did it one year that was simple, then gave it back to our CPA the following because it was complex. He said I fucked up to the tune of overpaying by $3k+. We refiled and after I paid him, I'm still net positive. There are places where paying professionals makes sense and with tax law, I'm all for it.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I should be allowed to hit unproductive people with a shovel. If you don't want to do your job, that's fine, just do me a favor and stay home so you're not in my way when I inevitably have to do it for you. FTS

IME Mexican airports always have questionable food options, despite there being legit food literally everywhere, none makes it into the terminal. Ate at fucking Sbarro last time I was in Cabo, only time I've ever gotten sick in Mexico.
My favorite meme...

Attachments

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
240v 20hp digital phase converter ordered. That stung, but was actually less than I was expecting.

I really should go for a ride, but the weather is nasty even for spring in OR…

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hello all

Today is pancreatic cancer multidisciplinary clinic day, as is every Tuesday.

Then first rehearsal for the concert cycle with my wind ensemble. I have some very big parts in it. I hope I don't fuck it all up

:D
What are you playing? We have an interesting program at the local college that I assist with.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Golf attire is rivaled only by cycling attire in terms of hideousness and hilariousness.
you should combine the two sports in some sort of unholy biathlon.

(Actually I'd love to do mountain bike biathlon...maybe handguns carried in frame bags, with IPSC style course segments...)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Whatcha looking at?
Sorta between the Breville Barista Express, Calphalon Temp iq which seems to be very similar to the Breville but cheaper, or Gaggia Classic Pro. Seems silly to go too much higher end than that, one of my mom's friends is apparently a Jura rep, but even if I got a pretty decent discount they're out of my league. They'd all be a huge step up from my Delonghi.

I dig the idea of a built in grinder so I have one less thing cluttering my counter/hogging outlets, and the metered water so I don't do what I always do and run the water too long and water down my shot.