Quantcast

•• Monday GMT ••

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Logged into my computer to only* 60 emails from Wed-Fri. One looks like it's going to be shitty because the ppwk I sent someone got bounced back and he needed it to get money out (vs. calling customer support). Looking forward to that call...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fuckers are trying to kill me out there. I had dialysis clients on board at 0440 this morning ,driving down a divided highway came over a rise to oncoming headlights in my lane. Fucking wrong way driver. I had to swerve hard right and go up onto the curb as the asshole whipped by me on the left. My clients thanked me for my fast reactions. I thanked the triple espresso I had 40 minutes earlier.

BRB need to go change my shorts

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am surprised at how not beat up I feel this morning after riding ALL of the Kingdom Trails this past weekend. My forearms are killing me, but I am otherwise fine. Got up early this morning and swam 2300 yards. I'll need to squeeze a run in later this morning before severe thunderstorms roll in.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
God dammit man, why Monday?

It appears that the AC unit in one of the server rooms has failed. If only they had approved my request over a year ago to install a second one....

I left a coffee cup on my desk on Friday and being that I was late this morning (and dealing with that AC crap), I just grabbed it and poured a cup. Went to take a drink and found an ear wig floating in it. BLARGH.

And both cats barfed this morning.

::edit:: almost forgot, I woke up this morning with a black "floatie"/shadow in my right eye. Its like there's something on the back of my eye ball. Super odd and I can't really look at it, but its there. And if I close my right eye and look to the left, I can still see it even if its much more vague. :confused:

On a plus note, we had a bigass thunderstorm roll through last night, which seems to have helped cool the temps down a bit.

Upwards and onwards with the day! :panic: :wave:

And now that I have a free coffee and cup, calm blue ocean.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Went to take a drink and found an ear wig floating in it. BLARGH.
[coolstorybro] Many years ago we were camping in Sandwich, MA and one morning while having our coffee, same brand and same italian coffee pot as usual, we kept telling ourselves that the coffee was delicious, like really good! Only to find out we had boiled an ear wig... [/coolstorybro]

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
blergh.

Covid symptoms have abated sufficiently that I will attempt to work. Only have chest butter, congestion, and runny nose remaining. maybe a little foggy too, but hoping my Vyvanse helps clear that out a bit... Like @canadmos said, weather has changed a bit. It's breezy and cooler so I have set up my home office in my backyard patio since it's normally in the middle of my main floor, which is an open space that has the TV/living room/kitchen/dining room... so not ideal for a person probably still shedding viral load to be parked in...

goddam is this thing ever dragging on. I friggin hope I can get back on the bike this week, I'm losing my mind being stuck indoors and watch Netflix all day. (Though I've started reading The Three Musketeers in the original text, and it's crazy how engaging it is... even though it was written over 300 years ago and the French is a little arcane, Dumas was an amazing author. It's paced amazingly, it's not boilerplate and predictable, the dialogue is witty and sharp, and the historical details are amazing. 10/10)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
blergh.

Covid symptoms have abated sufficiently that I will attempt to work. Only have chest butter, congestion, and runny nose remaining. maybe a little foggy too, but hoping my Vyvanse helps clear that out a bit... Like @canadmos said, weather has changed a bit. It's breezy and cooler so I have set up my home office in my backyard patio since it's normally in the middle of my main floor, which is an open space that has the TV/living room/kitchen/dining room... so not ideal for a person probably still shedding viral load to be parked in...

goddam is this thing ever dragging on. I friggin hope I can get back on the bike this week, I'm losing my mind being stuck indoors and watch Netflix all day. (Though I've started reading The Three Musketeers in the original text, and it's crazy how engaging it is... even though it was written over 300 years ago and the French is a little arcane, Dumas was an amazing author. It's paced amazingly, it's not boilerplate and predictable, the dialogue is witty and sharp, and the historical details are amazing. 10/10)
i've got some lingering fatigue, some days its more noticeable than others.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
speaking of... anyone have experience road riding in OBX? will be in the northern section near corolla.
No experience riding in OBX, but that's where we just went. Was wicked hawt dude. From what I saw there is one road down there, and it's kind of a highway. I wouldn't want to ride on it. I think you'd need to get off the coast to do anything of value. IIRC the northern part of the peninsula??? is not much better- two lane road that's well paved but the drivers are not terribly friendly to cyclists, it seemed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No experience riding in OBX, but that's where we just went. Was wicked hawt dude. From what I saw there is one road down there, and it's kind of a highway. I wouldn't want to ride on it. I think you'd need to get off the coast to do anything of value. IIRC the northern part of the peninsula??? is not much better- two lane road that's well paved but the drivers are not terribly friendly to cyclists, it seemed.
i rode the last 2 days when it was near 100, heat isn't a deterrent for me. traffic is.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
speaking of... anyone have experience road riding in OBX? will be in the northern section near corolla.
I vaguely recall a paved path that runs along route 12 down in Kitty Hawk/Southern shores area - not sure if it goes the entire length up towards Corolla or not. Not even sure if you'd want to "road" ride it - lots of driveway and street crossings...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I vaguely recall a paved path that runs along route 12 down in Kitty Hawk/Southern shores area - not sure if it goes the entire length up towards Corolla or not. Not even sure if you'd want to "road" ride it - lots of driveway and street crossings...
yea i did some googling, from what i'm seeing i'm inclined to say no to taking a bike. might have to resort to running shoes.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Been dealing with some intermittent stomach/intestinal pain since Saturday, so I’m taking the day off. And the power is out. Hopefully it’s back online before the fire demon that dwells in the Central Valley makes the rounds.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
gotcha... but the lingering fatigue... how long has that been? I guess I'm wondering when I'll be able to start riding again at a "normal" level...
I've been battling this for about a month, maybe a bit less. Acute symptoms were turned around in about 5 days. I was back on the bike in like 7. When I rode, I felt strong, with no breathing issues nor vastly irregular heart rate. The recovery from each ride, no matter how long it was, took longer than I would have anticipated. Like, I can usually back to back decently hard rides in 24hr without issue. After COVID it took me 1-2 days to recover afterwards, and this is attempting to keep everything light and Z2 ish. At this point I am 4-5 weeks out and feel 95%- would have gotten up to ride this AM but got a migraine last night.