Quantcast

•• thank dog it's Friday GMT ••

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Shit sleep and first job of the day is electrickery job, test everything, no shorts but it blows fuses, hahaha!
8173599413467484311.jpg

After work this 60' long snake tried to kill me.
-1111441059392321515.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
day 12 of working 12 straight days and the "oh go fuck off " meter is pegged at 11

About to go drop off my ballot at the city hall collection box. Not that I don't trust the Postal Service, but I don't and won't until they get rid of the Trump appointed head of the service.

mmmn Espresso

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Woke up with a headache. Ugh. But hey at least I'm not pissing out rocks like yesterday.

Need to get to work, do some stuff and then come home and relax.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Slow morning. Did some more clean up in the garden and pulled up some weed. Not in the best mood this morning so I had hope some gardening would help. May try bike ride later.

On a positive note I did buy some fresh bean this morning that taste good and the barista is cute :-)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So CT revealed fractures in 4/5/6th vertabrae. The company hospital network is garbage and every doctor says different shit. The trusted private hospital said It's an A1 fracture and I should be OK, just limit running and impacts and I don't need stabilization but they only had CT description not CT itself since my company hospital which performed it takes 2 work days to burn it on a CD. The company doctor said "wear a corset", the good sports doctor didn't. Confused AF. Will go for another opinion once I have CT on a CD..

Should have probably went with either full public healthcare or went for the fancy private hospital. Now I'm stressing because I wanted to give our company health network a chance. Also the tax lady called and I filed something wrong because I'm dumb.

I'd say I will go bald from it if I wasn't bald already

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rainy day today. Luckily I rode yesterday. Went to three tracks in the South of the island. Sadly, the one that was until now the most natural of the three, got the bermkakke and gravel treatment over the summer. :rant:
I seriously want to know who plans this shit. The investment in time and building materials to make trails less fun cannot be worth it me thinks. I met an old dude on the trail, in his 60s, XC bike, full lycra, recently converted roadie and even he did not like the changes although he is the key demographic why these changes are made according to the trail builders. :disgust1:
The other two tracks were good though, one is crazy fast and while having also berms on it, there they work and make sense. So I am not a hater. Third track is on a school's ground, approx. 2 miles of a mix between pump track, dirt jumps and small technical features. Stayed mainly at the bigger jump line although I was on the 6" bike and clipped in. Fun!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey-ooohhhhh, kiddos!! Got to the pool early this morning for a 2600 yard swim. Fast swim for me. I've got a run and a bike workout on the schedule too, which I'll fit in between work meetings, only doable because of WFH.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hmmm, just bought some Saint cranks, PayPal said something like return to site to review order but it seems that it just paid instead.
Oh well, nothing says downcountry like a set of Saint cranks.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Kind of sleepy. Driving down to Highlands Ranch via the bakery in a bit

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Is that a Pinkbike snake if it's 60ft?

Tweaked a hammy two days ago by bending over to pick something up off the floor, was planning a long ride tomorrow so we'll see how that works out - old man injury, yay.
Haha, yeah.

Pretty sure it was a Marsh Snake and wasn't much more than a foot long.
Used to see them in the back yard a bit but not since people got Corona cats and everyone decided to leave them outdoors.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So CT revealed fractures in 4/5/6th vertabrae. The company hospital network is garbage and every doctor says different shit. The trusted private hospital said It's an A1 fracture and I should be OK, just limit running and impacts and I don't need stabilization but they only had CT description not CT itself since my company hospital which performed it takes 2 work days to burn it on a CD. The company doctor said "wear a corset", the good sports doctor didn't. Confused AF. Will go for another opinion once I have CT on a CD..

Should have probably went with either full public healthcare or went for the fancy private hospital. Now I'm stressing because I wanted to give our company health network a chance. Also the tax lady called and I filed something wrong because I'm dumb.

I'd say I will go bald from it if I wasn't bald already
Send the images to doc Toshi. He reads those for a living and can give you the best answer.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Send the images to doc Toshi. He reads those for a living and can give you the best answer.
He already offered. I really appreciate it. I got a 2nd opinion on Xrays. I will get my CT Scan CD after the weekend (yes. Fuck that place) and will go to my sports doctor. Will bug Toshi when I have all. To be honest the worst part in non sports, Super Mario looking orthopedists is that they give you no info and they tend to scare the shit out of you. But I hope I will have all the info once I get the CT results not just a description.

The worst part it was on a small feature. 1m drop to 1.5m drop. A stupid weird Val Di Sole kinda like double drop. I was just unlucky but I'm lucky that from what the doctors said the fractures are not that serious. Though my head really fucking hurts today from the stress of getting info about having my back broken (didn't know there are reasonably not that horible versions of it)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
took today off to go ride my bike. but decided to go and get myself and my boy stabbed ahead of our trip to Phoenix in 3 weeks that I booked yesterday. not sure what the US' entry requirements are, but I figured we may as well be up to date on our vaccines. it sucks for my boy that they haven't approved bivalent vaccines for his age range yet here in Canada (5 to 12).

still hope to make it out before picking up my other boy from his 3-day sleep away camp. it's his birthday today (12) and he wants to go to the pub for dinner! atta boy!