Quantcast

•○●toosday gfmt●○•

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
thanks idles....930 club

20211018_223230.jpg

good times....

goes without saying....see idles if you have the chance....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
At the office today. More cloudy rainy fall weather. Not really the best time of the year in Denmark but hey the rhododendrons get some water and the new bed will be easy to get ready for the new plants.

Plumber showed up second day in a row so getting closer to a working heating system.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I has a bit of the sads this morning. Deer got hit in front of the house last night and it was clearly badly injured. Called the police but they told me there was nothing they could do. It stumbled away after 10 or so minutes, but probably just so that it could die in the woods. Unfortunately, we live on a major road too, so its not like I could covertly do it myself either. Poor deer.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Look what just landed at my doorstep.
Thanks to @Flo33 and his awesome bunch of friends for helping getting the transaction and shipping organized (stupid seller didn't want to ship). I owe you one! :cheers:
See if you can spot what is different @ianjenn @buckoW :clue:

M3_1.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

I has a bit of the sads this morning. Deer got hit in front of the house last night and it was clearly badly injured. Called the police but they told me there was nothing they could do. It stumbled away after 10 or so minutes, but probably just so that it could die in the woods. Unfortunately, we live on a major road too, so its not like I could covertly do it myself either. Poor deer.
Back in NY, we had a deer stumble into our yard after a hunter had apparently blown off it's front leg at the kneecap. The leg was still dangling. We called the police and they sent an officer out who decided it was a great idea to fire his service pistol from just about the furthest distance away (also in the direction of a neighbor's house) and plucked off six rounds trying to take the thing out. I think it ended up running away because he missed. #smalltowncops I think it was his opportunity to get his jollies off as there wasn't much happening in suburban NYS.

Back in NY, we had a deer stumble into our yard after a hunter had apparently blown off it's front leg at the kneecap. The leg was still dangling. We called the police and they sent an officer out who decided it was a great idea to fire his service pistol from just about the furthest distance away (also in the direction of a neighbor's house) and plucked off six rounds trying to take the thing out. I think it ended up running away because he missed. #smalltowncops I think it was his opportunity to get his jollies off as there wasn't much happening in suburban NYS.
Up here one is supposed to call a game warden for that sort of task. Of course, they seem not to be available at any particular point in time, so my pistol has to suffice. The wardens get very offended if I describe such an act to them, the last being a wounded turkey that I took out with a single head shot.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Up here one is supposed to call a game warden for that sort of task. Of course, they seem not to be available at any particular point in time, so my pistol has to suffice. The wardens get very offended if I describe such an act to them, the last being a wounded turkey that I took out with a single head shot.
yea, in PA its the same - call the game warden. you can also call the police non-emergency line, but they usually only respond if there's a risk to the public (ie wandering around a main road, etc). in PA you can also get in a lot of trouble for shooting an animal if its not on your property. and even if it is on your property depending on where you live.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Hunting arrows make no noise

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Look what just landed at my doorstep.
Thanks to @Flo33 and his awesome bunch of friends for helping getting the transaction and shipping organized (stupid seller didn't want to ship). I owe you one! :cheers:
See if you can spot what is different @ianjenn @buckoW :clue:

View attachment 166245
I might have an e.13 guide that needs a taco which will be a bunch lighter that that one. I won't ever use it again, so it you want it, let me know and cover shipping; it's yours.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
GI system seems to be working well this morning. Both pre and post espresso. I get the grand Bay area tour route today. Home to up into the delta, over to Hayward on the SF Bay, back to near home back to the delta then back here. Probably 230-250 miles of driving

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Out late for a Machine Gun Kelly concert at Red Rocks. One of Wifey's favorite musicians, so ponied up and got premium seats in the 6th row, smack in the middle. He's an incredible performer - I'd put him in line with Garth, actually. For the locals, he climbed up the wall to the turret on the side. I honestly thought we were going to see him die. He was running through the crowd, right in our area a bunch of times (even used my shoulder to brace on while he was running up the seats) - she fucking loved it.

Hannah decided to come in early to wake me up. She's coughing (and so is half her class), but we have shit to do today (study then head up to Golden for skis) so debating on school right now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently I burned the tip of my tongue yesterday, which is not making this coffee very enjoyable.

Oh well, I guess I should work... :butcher:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Out late for a Machine Gun Kelly concert at Red Rocks. One of Wifey's favorite musicians, so ponied up and got premium seats in the 6th row, smack in the middle. He's an incredible performer - I'd put him in line with Garth, actually. For the locals, he climbed up the wall to the turret on the side. I honestly thought we were going to see him die. He was running through the crowd, right in our area a bunch of times (even used my shoulder to brace on while he was running up the seats) - she fucking loved it.
he is a giant piece of shit and you should be ashamed for supporting him.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
he is a giant piece of shit and you should be ashamed for supporting him.
I don't disagree with that statement. But Wifey likes his music and I'm not going to fight it. There are a lot of musicians in this world that are both popular and make good music, but are horrible people. That goes across all activities - sports, music, acting, etc. I will personally continue to listen to my punk, but everybody likes their own.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't disagree with that statement. But Wifey likes his music and I'm not going to fight it. There are a lot of musicians in this world that are both popular and make good music, but are horrible people. That goes across all activities - sports, music, acting, etc. I will personally continue to listen to my punk, but everybody likes their own.
it's not too late for your kids. i'm gonna mail them some thrash records for christmas, but you're gonna have to teach them how to circle pit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
it's not too late for your kids. i'm gonna mail them some thrash records for christmas, but you're gonna have to teach them how to circle pit.
Haley's regular playlist, once you get past the EDM, is pretty solid w/ Rise Against, Face to Face, Pennywise, etc. I don't know know if you'll get her to Thrash.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haley's regular playlist, once you get past the EDM, is pretty solid w/ Rise Against, Face to Face, Pennywise, etc. I don't know know if you'll get her to Thrash.
she's already on her way.

also, nothing wrong with EDM. i listen to a bunch of it when i work. get her into savant if she's not already.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20211019_101734.jpg

went by the old house....first one....was invited inside by the current owner who was out with the kids at the bus stop...

first time since around 1987...

do not miss mowing that lawn...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
she's already on her way.

also, nothing wrong with EDM. i listen to a bunch of it when i work. get her into savant if she's not already.
She was really pissed when we went to a Rise Against concert a few weeks back and didn't take her with.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hunting arrows make no noise
If not for living on a densely populated and heavily trafficked thoroughfare, I would respectfully have done him the honor. Unfortunately, we do, and I don't feel like getting on the wrong side of the law, however nonsensical it may be.

The timing is a bit ironic since I'm close to drawing a permit for the special hunt at the reservation down the road, hosted for the express purpose of reducing deer densities in this area.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I "rode" in another day. Headlight on, in the dark, very cold first 5 minutes. Definitely did not get my clothing right for 27 mph + high 30s Freedoms.

@Toshi why did you say you want to avoid zone 3 the other day? I haven't come across such guidance in my searching

Kind of a visual mess with the threading but if you pore through it good stuff is in there. Inigo is a coach for Team UAE, as in the two time TdF winner. Alan is a coach up in Boulder for mainly Ironman athletes these days.

Both argue that zone 2 != zone 3 in terms of benefits based off of their own data, with the benefit coming from lots of high zone 1/low-mid zone 2 time. Alan likes to dig up all sorts of historical examples of distance athletes who do most of their training hours at 75% HR or below, in keeping with this.