Quantcast

•○●toosday gfmt●○•

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
IS headset. also is that a 1.5 head tube?
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! :thumb:
Never in production, only a couple made for the team and for Manitou for the intro of the Travis 200 mm single crown. @ianjenn had one of the Manitou ones (with "Manitou" as serial #), this one does not have a serial # as far as I can see, so I assume team issue (although team frames usually had "Team" as serial #).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Never in production, only a couple made for the team and for Manitou for the intro of the Travis 200 mm single crown. @ianjenn had one of the Manitou ones (with "Manitou" as serial #), this one does not have a serial # as far as I can see, so I assume team issue (although team frames usually had "Team" as serial #).
or it was stolen and the serial # was defaced/removed. or was it repainted as part of the rebuild?

oh god the travis. :rofl:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
or it was stolen and the serial # was defaced/removed. or was it repainted as part of the rebuild?

oh god the travis. :rofl:
Not sure if it was repainted. It comes from Austria, where, at the time, MS Racing was the factory Intense team. So there are quite a few cool Intense team frames floating around there. I missed out on a special Socom (TT of a large, ST of a medium, tweaked geo, Kovarik special) before but have scooped up an M6 Evo frame a couple of years ago there as well.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm too late to reply but in my distant memory for some reason I knew there were a few 1.5" HT versions floating around out there.

The red one also has fork bumpers :p

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

I was guessing that but couldn't tell......

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I was guessing that but couldn't tell......
These frames are quite the unicorns. So when the ad popped up I knew I need to buy it. :D
Any guess how many of those were in existence? Not sure how many they made for Manitou, but special runs for the team were usually around 10 frames AFAIK.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pics plz.
PXL_20211020_225232136~2.jpg

So far it rides like I was hoping. Old school ass end feels fun and playful, modern front end should feel fine on the steeper stuff. Some urban hucks show that it really takes the sting out of being a hardtail. Was already bottoming the shit out of the fork with the recommended setup. Have some fiddling to do but if I end up keeping it a damper upgrade may be in order. Will see how it feels on some proper dirt, but that may be a while per the weather forecast.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
View attachment 166335

So far it rides like I was hoping. Old school ass end feels fun and playful, modern front end should feel fine on the steeper stuff. Some urban hucks show that it really takes the sting out of being a hardtail. Was already bottoming the shit out of the fork with the recommended setup. Have some fiddling to do but if I end up keeping it a damper upgrade may be in order. Will see how it feels on some proper dirt, but that may be a while per the weather forecast.
Looks good, even...

Ti-rrific !

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
These frames are quite the unicorns. So when the ad popped up I knew I need to buy it. :D
Any guess how many of those were in existence? Not sure how many they made for Manitou, but special runs for the team were usually around 10 frames AFAIK.

The guy I bought mine from said they had 2. Not sure who else got them besides Manitou. I think his name was Bob cant recall his last name.....
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.41.00 AM.png